Loss of control

blegen

While flying along smoothly with the autopilot engaged in LNAV and ALT HLD I selected HDG SEL.

After making the change on the MCP the yoke began to move rapidly forward and aft and the elevator trim could be heard running.

I disconnected the autopilot and retrimmed the elevator. I was using an MCP panel I had constructed and thought that might be the problem.

So after the airplane settled down I reengaged the autopilot and used the mouse to change modes on the MCP. The same thing happened again. Once again I disconnect the autopilot and tried to get the airplane straight and level but this time I seemed to have no aileron conrol.

I was flying in X-Plane 11 but the same thing has happened several times in X-Plane 10. 

Log.txt

Hmm, I have no idea what happened to you, just some ideas:

Maybe you crossed the wake of another (AI) aircraft? The wake turbulence is modeled in X-Plane.

Is your joystick "spikey"? If it sends erroneous data to X-Plane, the yoke will move (even without disconnecting the autopilot, this only happens after passing a certain deflection threshhold).

Do you have X-Plane´s internal "failures" engaged? They will disable control surfaces as part of their failure repertoire...

Cheers, Jan