IXEG 737 changes XP11 sound settings

smoothchat

I'm not sure if this has been covered before, but the ixeg 737 changes several of the sound settings (not just the overall volume).

Whenever I fly the IXEG 737, I have to go in and change the sound volumes back to the way I like them b4 I fly another aircraft.

Edited by smoothchat

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5.4.2017 at 7:12 AM, smoothchat said:

I'm not sure if this has been covered before, but the ixeg 737 changes several of the sound settings (not just the overall volume).

Whenever I fly the IXEG 737, I have to go in and change the sound volumes back to the way I like them b4 I fly another aircraft.

Hi, could you give me a bit more detail on how this happens? Which sound on the IXEG sound menu is affecting which X-Plane sound?

Thanks!

Jan

Here is the detailed explanation of the issue:

After Loading up the IxegClassic v1.2 in X-Plane11 (Steam version). If i open the X-plane 11 sound settings panel i get these values forced in there. 

5CjbA2Y.png

If i make any changes to these values, whenever i come back they always reverted to these.

If i load another plane after(here i load the default C172) They are still at those values. But now i can make changes and XP11 will save them correctly, that is until i fly the IXeg 737 again.

ZwfWsSJ.png

So, having to change these values after each session in the Ixeg737 is irritating,

Here are my values in the IXEG preferences (Issue is not there)

obVnRUA.png

Thank you, hope this can help.

IXEG has done this to default sound settings since the first release, and in XP10 too. It's not a bug of the latest v1.2. Ok, it's a bit annoying but not a major bug. The fact is that all the other main 3rd party addon aircraft have their own sound settings independent of and not affecting XP sounds levels. It would be nice if IXEG sounds could work this way too.