Don't forget flaps!!!

Tom Knudsen

It's Saturday and I'll post this video for fun, but also for learning.

Today I went from ENGM to ENVA, short route, and nice weather, all went normally until I was planning my decent, I noticed the speed was acting strangely

Could not figure out what the heck was wrong and the immediate thought was (damn you IXEG - that buggy m#¤%"#¤# airplane) Well the joke was on me!!

Actually, the joke was me, and the m#¤%#¤%#¤ pilot was me and the issue was mine. (Time to laugh)

Only a small credit to my ignorance is that the strange "speed" numbers were to me an indication on a bug. I have never seen this in any airplane.

My first thought was engine or instrument failure, but I did not remember where to "eliminate" failures in the plane, did actually search the preferences too LOL..

So here is what happens if you forget to rais the flaps after takeoff (didn't click many times enough on my yoke)

PS.. I did use the checklist, still not sure why the flaps did not make it to UP

Edited by Tom Knudsen
  • Upvote 3

Hahahahaha.  I could almost feel your anger as you were furiously clicking.

The funniest part was when your glowing mouse curser was virtually touching the yellow flaps extended symbol on the attitude indicator!

I think we've all had these types of moments at one point or another.

Tim

• Upvote 1