A couple of interesting problems have arisen

JGraddon

Couple of interesting problems lately.

1. Going along happily at 30fps but when I try to move a waypoint in the FMC to simulate a go direct to, the fps drops to 2-3 for a good 5 minutes and then everything resumes as before. If I pause the sim the fps rises to 30 again but drops on resumption.

2. This was just amusing and probably more to do with pb13 of x-plane, but parked at stand 108 at LIMF, with the brakes on the whole aircraft started swaying and sliding. Stopped after a while. Got pushed back without a problem but when I set the park brake at the end of the pushback, the aircraft sank about 6ft into the ground with a resounding crash and ended the flight. Amusingly go a message to say I had blown a tire.

Edited by JGraddon

3 minutes ago, JGraddon said:

Couple of interesting problems lately.

1. Going along happily at 30fps but when I try to move a waypoint in the FMC to simulate a go direct to, the fps drops to 2-3 for a good 5 minutes and then everything resumes as before. If I pause the sim the fps rises to 30 again but drops on resumption.

I assume you are under windows platform.

You need to go to windows defender configuration and set an entire folder exception for /x-plane/ root folder (note it is an entire folder not file exception).

Problem is when you modify something inflight, the fmc keeps recalculating the values until you EXEC (commit) and windows defender kills the CPU. If you installed a third party AV instead of defender, then set the exception there.

3 minutes ago, JGraddon said:

2. This was just amusing and probably more to do with pb13 of x-plane, but parked at stand 108 at LIMF, with the brakes on the whole aircraft started swaying and sliding. Stopped after a while. Got pushed back without a problem but when I set the park brake at the end of the pushback, the aircraft sank about 6ft into the ground with a resounding crash and ended the flight. Amusingly go a message to say I had blown a tire.

I have no idea. I do not use XP11 yet.

• Upvote 1

Just want to say that the windows defender trick worked perfectly and now it all works well.

Just annoyed that after taking off at Nantes after a full Cold and Dark start on my way to Barcellona, 300ft above the runway on take off had a double bird strike which killed both engines and consequently me and my crew and passengers.

What are the odds?