Missing sound files Saab 340

Gercho1465

37 minutes ago, Gercho1465 said:
  •  

Order number 52570

When loading the airplane, it throws error message, and can not enter frequency data, hdg .

Tanks.

Log.txt

GizmoLog.txt

Have you tried to reinstall? your missing all the wav files.

warng:    8.402: sound.loadEx(): Error: File not found:(D:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/X-Plane 10/Aircraft/X-Aviation/Saab 340A/Passenger Variant/sounds/too_low_gear.wav)
warng:    8.403: sound.loadEx(): Error: File not found:(D:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/X-Plane 10/Aircraft/X-Aviation/Saab 340A/Passenger Variant/sounds/too_low_flap.wav)
warng:    8.404: sound.loadEx(): Error: File not found:(D:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/X-Plane 10/Aircraft/X-Aviation/Saab 340A/Passenger Variant/sounds/sink_rate.wav)
warng:    8.405: sound.loadEx(): Error: File not found:(D:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/X-Plane 10/Aircraft/X-Aviation/Saab 340A/Passenger Variant/sounds/dont_sink.wav)

Your Gizmo Log shows that you have some files missing...

[your Saab folder]/resources/PLII/files/PLII_WDGT.txt

[your Saab folder]/resources/files/S340Adate.txt

Please check to see if these files are in the appropriate directories.

Edited by JGregory

2 hours ago, JGregory said:

Your Gizmo Log shows that you have some files missing...

[your Saab folder]/resources/PLII/files/PLII_WDGT.txt

[your Saab folder]/resources/files/S340Adate.txt

Please check to see if these files are in the appropriate directories.

15 minutes ago, Gercho1465 said:

If they are in your correct directory

PLII_WDGT.txt

S340Adate.txt

Log.txt

GizmoLog.txt

You are attaching the files but that does not tell me if they are in the correct location, please verify that they are in the proper folders and the directory structure matches what i showed you earlier today.  If the files are in the correct directories, and the log is showing that it cannot locate the files, then there must be something wrong with the installation.  We have thousands of customers who are running the Saab and DO NOT have this issue.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This happened to me today with a fresh download from x-aviation, the files seem to be under <aircraft>/resources/sounds in various subdirectories.
So for example for me the sounds it is looking for are here: 

F:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\Aircraft\X-Aviation\Saab 340A\Cargo Variant\resources\sounds

Incidentally for XP10 they are in the same sub directory under the aircraft dir, resources\sounds and it also fails to load them, installed 26/06/2015, however XP10 doesn't seem to throw the gizmo console up with an error like XP11 did so probably never noticed.

To sort it out copy the contents of the sub directories to the <aircraft>/sounds dir which for the example above is:

F:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 11\Aircraft\X-Aviation\Saab 340A\Cargo Variant\sounds

So by the time I'm done there are 88 wav files in this dir copied from the resources\sounds sub directories.

I'm guessing some paths got mixed up somewhere either in the installer or scripts.