[Solved] DIR TO bug 1.0.7

gazzy360

Hi All,

I know this has probably been discussed a million times but my search brought nothing back.

Tonight I was flying and was told to proceed direct to a certain leg - normally when i click this my sim drops to less than 1FPS until I hit Execute. 
Tonight though, when I did this DIR TO i also got an altitude error. Something I could not correct in flight. Basically I was stuck in this 1FPS stutter because I could not Execute the change. I had to close the sim and wasting a lot of time. 

VERY frustrating as I am sure you can imagine. I would have thought this would have been ironed out a long long time ago? 

Anyway are we going to see this fixed in the future because I am having to go back to flying with other aircraft until this is sorted. 

Thanks and sorry if its a repeated subject. 

Edited by Morten

23 minutes ago, gazzy360 said:

Tonight I was flying and was told to proceed direct to a certain leg - normally when i click this my sim drops to less than 1FPS until I hit Execute. 
Tonight though, when I did this DIR TO i also got an altitude error. Something I could not correct in flight. Basically I was stuck in this 1FPS stutter because I could not Execute the change. I had to close the sim and wasting a lot of time. 

16 hours ago, gazzy360 said:

Hi All,

I know this has probably been discussed a million times but my search brought nothing back.

VERY frustrating as I am sure you can imagine. I would have thought this would have been ironed out a long long time ago?
Anyway are we going to see this fixed in the future because I am having to go back to flying with other aircraft until this is sorted. 

Thanks and sorry if its a repeated subject. 

I agree that this thread is hard to find (it is only the second pinned topic in the "bug report" forum, with the cryptic title "Solution to freeze and stutter when modifiying the route in the FMC" - but I will give you a hand and find it for you - heck, even copy and paste a link for you!

Ping me if you need any further help with that!

Edit: Sorry for being sarcastic, and that you are having a problem with our plane. But we can´t really make the solution to the problem you encounter more obvious and prominent, I think. I don´t know what kind of "altitude error" you had, but with the solution mentioned in the thread you should be able to retain control and at least fix that problem...

Cheers, Jan

Edited by Litjan

I honestly didn't see it, but thanks for that.

As for the altitude error. I was flying a short route of 250nm or so, and was heading up for FL350. When ATC instructed me to head direct to a certain point, it obviously cut out a chunk of my flight plan and my FMC decided that I could not make that altitude I guess? So instead I got an 'Unable CRZ ALT' or something along those lines. 
So when I made the DIR To change, it made the crz alt error appear and I could not Execute the change or change the crz altitude mid flight.

I do remember getting one of those text boxes pop up as they often do - so perhaps it was the Exec button on the FMC that was actually unresponsive instead? Hard to know really. 

Hi,

yes, that is likely the cause of the "UNABLE CRZ ALT" - another message you may see is the "CHECK ALT TARGET".

UNABLE CRZ means just what you said - the route is deemed to short to make the cruise altitude. You may either change the CRZ alt, or you can simply clear the message and continue regardless.

The CHECK ALT TARGET means that your MCP ALT setting is in disagreement (direction) with your set cruise altitude. For example you are flying at 10.000 feet, your MCP ALT is set to 5000 but your CRZ ALT is set to 35.000 - if you try to engage VNAV it will throw that error...

Hope this helps, Jan

Well, I must continue this topic as I also encounter freezing FMC although I have made this antivirus exclude a/c folder.

Many times LNAV got lost after DIRECT to and recently flying online froze 1 minute and I had to disconnect (I was angry because it was anniversary flying on IVAO and the controler only asked me "I guess it is X-plane?"). 

B733 is my first choice like FF b767 and I must say your FMC is not reliable, I'm sorry :(

I fly mainly online and it is very frustrating to freeze then....

I really hope you will fix FMC in 1.1 update. 

And please don't say "so many pilots and no problems so far"

Maybe they don't have Flight Factor planes?

This features are more important to me than Vnav- I don't need this - but RELIABILITY  FIRST PLEASE.

Good night

Marcin

1 hour ago, marpilot said:

Well, I must continue this topic as I also encounter freezing FMC although I have made this antivirus exclude a/c folder.

Many times LNAV got lost after DIRECT to and recently flying online froze 1 minute and I had to disconnect (I was angry because it was anniversary flying on IVAO and the controler only asked me "I guess it is X-plane?"). 

B733 is my first choice like FF b767 and I must say your FMC is not reliable, I'm sorry :(

I fly mainly online and it is very frustrating to freeze then....

I really hope you will fix FMC in 1.1 update. 

And please don't say "so many pilots and no problems so far"

Maybe they don't have Flight Factor planes?

This features are more important to me than Vnav- I don't need this - but RELIABILITY  FIRST PLEASE.

Good night

Marcin

It is not the a/c (aircraft?) folder you need to exclude. It is the entire /xplane 10/ folder you must exclude. Most importan to exclude it on windows DEFENDER

Czien dobre, marpilot,

Are you running X-Plane on an external disk like a USB stick, a memory card or a mobile harddisk connected with a USB cable?

Are you sure you have excluded the whole X-Plane folder for ALL antivirus programs you may have running? Many users have installed some programs "by accident" that they don´t even know about like avast antivirus etc.

I am positive that it is a problem specific to your computer, and not a problem with the plane, as thousands of other users are running it just fine. We will try to help you, but ultimately you have to find out what is slowing down access to the navigational database that is residing in the X-Plane resources folder.

Jan

Hello Jan,

I have one PC dedicated to X-plane only and don't have any idea whats wrong now - tried excluding by Defender or G-data all my XP folders (STEAM,XP10,XP11) and in every case your b733 freezes when DIR TO....I am unhappy to stop flying online with this bird until 1.1 comes.

Cheers

Edited by marpilot

12 minutes ago, marpilot said:

Hello Jan,

I have one PC dedicated to X-plane only and don't have any idea whats wrong now - tried excluding by Defender or G-data all my XP folders (STEAM,XP10,XP11) and in every case your b733 freezes when DIR TO....I am unhappy to stop flying online with this bird until 1.1 comes.

Cheers

Did you exclude the xp folder and exe on both of the anti virus' or just one?