X-RAAS: Runway Awareness and Advisory System

skiselkov

X-RAAS: Runway Awareness and Advisory System

View File

X-RAAS is an open-source plugin that simulates the Honeywell Runway Awareness and Advisory System. Version 2.0 is a complete from the ground-up rewrite of the original X-RAAS FlyWithLua plugin. Please note that this is not just an upgrade of the old plugin and cannot be simply downloaded and plastered over the old 1.0 version. See below for details on how to install this plugin.

INSTALLATION

X-RAAS2 is a standalone plugin written in C and as such no longer requires FlyWithLua. To install the plugin, unzip the contents into: <X-Plane>/Resources/plugins. If you have been using X-RAAS 1.0, be sure to remove it from FlyWithLua/Scripts, otherwise you will get strange doubled annunciations.

NEW FEATURES FROM VERSION 1.0

• X-Plane 10 & 11 compatible
  • New configuration GUI: no need to mess around with config files anymore. The config files method is still supported, refer to section 2.1 of the included user manual for details on how to migrate existing customizations from version 1.0.
  • Much improved performance: no more stuttering when Lua decides to collect garbage on slow systems.
  • No more audio compatibility issues: this resolves audio compatibility issues with 3rd party addons such as Ground Handling Deluxe and the LES SAAB 340A (among others).
  • More sensible automatic scenery alteration detection and scenery data cache rebuild. The cache rebuild is now also much faster.
  • Much more fine-grained control over each RAAS monitor.
  • Nicer text rendering and substitutable fonts & sizes.
  • Ability to switch between "LONG LANDING" and "DEEP LANDING".
  • User manual rewritten in LaTeX with clickable hyperlinks.
  • Much more streamlined embedding into 3rd party aircraft avionics. The avionics integration guide is now a separate PDF manual with much more detail on how fine-tune the embedded software and how it compares to and interacts with a stand-alone installation.

DEMONSTRATION VIDEO

The video below is from version 1.0, but version 2.0 features virtually all identical annunciations.

LICENSE

X-RAAS2 is open-source software distributed under the terms of the Common Development and Distribution License ("CDDL"), version 1.0. The license text is included in the ZIP package under Documentation/COPYING.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello, I thought I would try this utility. X-Plane 11 01r2 (build 110102 64-bit)

Dropped the X-RAAS2 folder into my plugins folder, but when I open the game and look in the Plugins Tab it's not showing up.

Should I not see it on my lists?