Next update

g7usl

56 minutes ago, g7usl said:

Realistically, when can we expect the new update please?

Nobody can answer this, not even the developers as they stated already. It will be ready when is ready.

For those attempts made by the devs to shed some ETA, they were killed by unhappy users when targets were not met. Simulating a multimillion boeing aircraft systems to perfection for 80 bucks is a complex task thrust me.

Edited by mmerelles
misspelling
  • Upvote 3

9 hours ago, mmerelles said:

. It will be ready when is ready.

, they were killed by unhappy users when targets were not met. Simulating a multimillion boeing aircraft systems to perfection for 80 bucks is a complex task thrust me.

"It will be ready when It's ready"................. is a rude answer to a perfectly straight and reasonable question.

"they were killed by unhappy users when targets were not met"..............................Who are you referring to here? Customers that paid good money for a simulation that isn't finished?

If I bought a new car for £15,000 I would be very annoyed if it wasn't perfect. I know that isn't software but it's a comparison so, maybe 'they' have reason to be unhappy? So why brand them as killers?

I know that these guys are not PMDG but, some information here would be respected.  Customers have paid their money and deserve better explanations than comments that you have decided to answer for them.

Is the improvements in beta or are they anywhere near to completing? 

Edited by g7usl
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

9 hours ago, mmerelles said:

.....Simulating a multimillion boeing aircraft systems to perfection for 80 bucks is a complex task thrust me.

I believe you !

But you have done an amazing job about this !

You have done the number 1 simulated aircraft for X-Plane in the world !

I am fully satisfied with my purchase.

Take your time to improve again this fantastic add-on ;):D

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, g7usl said:

"It will be ready when It's ready"................. is a rude answer to a perfectly straight and reasonable question.

"they were killed by unhappy users when targets were not met"..............................Who are you referring to here? Customers that paid good money for a simulation that isn't finished?

If I bought a new car for £15,000 I would be very annoyed if it wasn't perfect. I know that isn't software but it's a comparison so, maybe 'they' have reason to be unhappy? So why brand them as killers?

I know that these guys are not PMDG but, some information here would be respected.  Customers have paid their money and deserve better explanations than comments that you have decided to answer for them.

Is the improvements in beta or are they anywhere near to completing? 

My apologyes if you felt offended by the answer, maybe being a spanish guy my phrase is incorrect about the meaning.

regards your car purchase comparison, i think it does not apply here. IXEG people is one of the the very few people i know were pretty clear and straight forward about the product shortcomings for 1.0 release made PUBLIC for anyone to decide on the purchase

read here

Edit: yes upcoming version is in beta and pictures of progress being made are available on another thread

Edited by mmerelles
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, g7usl said:

unfortunately, this is the standard industry reply to such questions, I think it was in a forum of a dev called PDGM or so where I first read it, and it also took me time to fully understand its meaning...

explanations and comments on this could be found here using the magic of "search". try it, it can save you a lot of typing :-)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Like everyone else, I'd be curious to have a ballpark date, but in reality, the date is meaningless.  You can't control how long the process takes, so the date can't be predicted.  Coding, unexpectedly breaking code, less than helpful beta testers, it all adds up, and lengthens the process.

It's been over half a year since the last update, so hopefully, it will be one that really knocks our socks off.  I know my expectations are high.

Tim

I don't doubt for one minute that It's not an easy thing to predict and until now, I didn't realise that it wasn't classed as finished.

Regarding 'less than helpful' beta testers, I would be very willing to assist you in this purpose as I do have the time?  Your call.

I don't doubt for one minute that It's not an easy thing to predict and until now, I didn't realise that it wasn't classed as finished.

Regarding 'less than helpful' beta testers, I would be very willing to assist you in this purpose as I do have the time?  Your call.

None of the people in this thread so far have any association with IXEG. They have tried to help you with questions already answered though.

Look around. There's a thread dedicated to news and screenshots of the next update.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

As I said in a previous thread, the fact that it has been this long for v1.1 is a testament to the original release.  There are things we are all waiting to have tweaked, modified, or added to the package, but as it stands, there are no real deal breakers at v1.07.  I fly it very frequently, and have few if any problems.  It will only get better as it goes along.

Tim

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

A bit off topic but this @Raphaelvix guy seems to be an interesting case. He has never posted any content in the forums but yet I see him voting down so many posts regarding X-Plane development content like here in the IXEG subforum. If you really have a problem with a product or with a person, why don´t you post your issue in the forums or talk to the persons like a normal adult person? Discouraging people who try to improve our world of X-Plane seems the wrong answer to me...

Edited by K4bel123
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

8 hours ago, K4bel123 said:

A bit off topic but this @Raphaelvix guy seems to be an interesting case. He has never posted any content in the forums but yet I see him voting down so many posts regarding X-Plane development content like here in the IXEG subforum. If you really have a problem with a product or with a person, why don´t you post your issue in the forums or talk to the persons like a normal adult person? Discouraging people who try to improve our world of X-Plane seems the wrong answer to me...

I bought it (75 dollars), now I think that I can like or dislike what I read here.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

20 hours ago, K4bel123 said:

why is that so important? I don't give any importance to likes neither here nor on fb... if XA didn't want this, they would probably cut off the option .

why bring that up publicly, send him a PM... sounds a bit like elementary school tbh. 

Edited by donoscar
  • Upvote 2

Patients is a virtue! I'm simply amazed at the accuracy and perfection in this ac. Every time I fly this ac, I encounter hardly any probs aside from an occasional soft gizmo crash (from an fmc input) which can be rebooted from the gizmo menu allowing the flight to continue. That only happens 1% of the time!

My conclusion: this is the best ac *ever* made for x-plane. As for X-Plane 11, hardly a problem but I look forward to the implementation of 11's advancements into ixeg's ac. Thanks for a beautiful creation!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So, just a quick question.

When the FMC gets jacked in flight because of an input, I usually just revert to old school VOR navigation, and finish the flight that way.

How exactly do you do a "soft gizmo reboot" to reset the FMC function?

Thanks,

Tim

If by "jacked" you mean a pop up error window, there's nothing you can do except reboot Gizmo and start over.

14 hours ago, Tim013 said:

Ahhhhhh...the flash symbol.

I guess, I never really explored that pop out, other than curse it with creative profanityt for popping out all the time when my mouse cursor gets near the right edge of my screen....LOL!!!!

Tim

Had you taken the time to explore it you'd find there's a preferences control panel that lets you turn the tool tray off.

You can find this from both the tool tray itself AND Plugins > Gizmo > Windows > Preferences.

I agree the question warrants an answer.  I don't mind putting it out wherever I can so the word gets out.

We don't know exactly when....and here's why.

We all have day jobs but my particular day job is project based, rather than 9-5  based.  Sometimes, these projects, being deadline based, can consume multiple months with narry any time for anything else...which is exactly what is going on at the moment.  Despite my deepest desire to NOT being working on my current project, I am contractually obligated to finish it....and it is now consuming 70+ hours a week of my time and feels like "work prison".  .....here's the good news though.

When this project is done....and do note that I initiated this contract a good 8 months before the release of the 737..... I won't be taking on another.  I will go back to the 737 and you will see the frequent updates you saw after the release as long we can find things to improve.  When is this magic date?   To be perfectly honest, I thought it would be by now....but sewing up final details is dragging out longer than I thought and I have no path but forward to get it out of the way and get back to the 737 for you guys.   This is not an "abondonment" issue.  Just the nature of the beast for x-plane devs who have to supplement the work with other forms of life support for the moment.   

I wish it were not so...but until x-plane has a larger market share, tis what it is.  I can only assure you these folks on the team are some of the most dedicated and stable individuals I have ever worked with and have no doubt we'll be delivering again soon.

-tkyler

Edited by tkyler
  • Upvote 21