SkyMaxx Pro 4.01 crash

ilankrt

How comes that from one day to another SMP4.01 is causing crash using different version of X-Plane (10.51, 11.10)?

Flying JAR A320 on my iMac27 under XP10.51 and  JAR A330 under the last beta version10 of XP11,  X-plane crashes in the middle of the flight while trying to change claus formations.

For further information I attached the log.txt file from my last flight/crash.

I will be glad if someone can tell me about the possible causes.....

Log copy.txt

There's a line in your log that points to the issue:

SkyMaxx Pro: WARNING! CPU free memory at 97504 KB. X-Plane may crash due to lack of memory. Close other applications, reset your settings, or remove memory-intensive add-ons such as photo-scenery.

Basically you are running out of memory. You'll have to reduce your graphics settings or cloud draw area, or remove add-ons or custom scenery you don't need. You're pushing your system beyond its limits.

16 hours ago, sundog said:

There's a line in your log that points to the issue:

SkyMaxx Pro: WARNING! CPU free memory at 97504 KB. X-Plane may crash due to lack of memory. Close other applications, reset your settings, or remove memory-intensive add-ons such as photo-scenery.

Basically you are running out of memory. You'll have to reduce your graphics settings or cloud draw area, or remove add-ons or custom scenery you don't need. You're pushing your system beyond its limits.

@sundog Thanks for answer. This warning looks for me a bit strange because 1. I am using the high end latest iMac (El Capitan) with AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4096 MB and 32 GB 1867 MHz DDR3 memory,  2. because I set the graphic setting to average and 3. until last week I had no problems using SMP 4 especially under XP10.51. I downloaded SMP 4.02 and RWC 1.1 and installed them  for new. Making another test flight I will check CPU memory frequently using apple "Activity Monitor". Let see what happens.....

3 hours ago, sundog said:

You have a lot of custom scenery installed, and a third party aircraft. Both can consume memory quickly. Perhaps you also had some other applications opened in the background?

@sundog I cleaned the custom scenery folder and left only  2 airports, and hd_global_scenery3 (Indispensable). It has no affect on CPU memory or FPS. Back to previous situation I checked during flight CPU memory (as you can see on image below) - no problem at all. I used to close all other application during flight (only Safari left for reading charts). Then I reinstalled SMP 4.02 and RWC 1.1. and I think that this step enabled a successful test flight (XP10.51 and JARA320) without crash.

Now I would like to reinstall both plugins also in XP11 and make a second test flight under same circumstances.

BTW can you please recommend me an optimal SMP setting for my iMac configuration?  (Ratio of FPS to cloud scenery)?

Thank for help

123.tiff

Well,  HD mesh is the most likely the main thing that's consuming memory on your system. So I don't think you'd see much of a difference in memory until you remove it. Your A320 is probably also using a fair amount of resources, but it probably pales in comparison to HD mesh.

There's no such thing as an optimal setting for a specific computer. It depends just as much on what your other settings are in X-Plane, your monitor resolution, your FOV, and what other add-ons you have. All I can recommend is setting up some stormy conditions, and experiment with increasing SMP's cloud draw area setting until you find FPS unacceptable. That slider is the main thing that can affect performance.