All displays inop

737NUT

Let me give you a little more info, LNAV and VNAV, CDU all working fine even though no display.  AP still flew the plane even though nothing was displayed.  Radios worked even though nothing was displayed.  How do I know?  I have real hardware that showed me all the datarefs were still sending and receiving data and functioning. 

I was able to check TOD in the hardware CDU and make leg changes even though the software cdu was blank.  This would not be possible if cdu wasn't powered and working.

All lamp dimmers turned to max in cockpit.

It is not a switch position in the 3D cockpit because if it was, none of these systems would work with no bus power to them.   It is gauge/object drawing issue that popped up overnight. 

you should share the info if you want help.

You use external hardware, without any log or info i would bet they are interfering with the electricity somehow. For the required AC for the displays or dimmers. Without any sharing from your side i would recommend you disconnect all your external hardware from the computer and plugins and confirm the aircraft is back fully operative and continue from there.

44 minutes ago, 737NUT said:

Let me give you a little more info, LNAV and VNAV, CDU all working fine even though no display.  AP still flew the plane even though nothing was displayed.  Radios worked even though nothing was displayed.  How do I know?  I have real hardware that showed me all the datarefs were still sending and receiving data and functioning. 

I was able to check TOD in the hardware CDU and make leg changes even though the software cdu was blank.  This would not be possible if cdu wasn't powered and working.

All lamp dimmers turned to max in cockpit.

It is not a switch position in the 3D cockpit because if it was, none of these systems would work with no bus power to them.   It is gauge/object drawing issue that popped up overnight. 

Hi there,

I can assure you that we haven´t changed anything on the 737´s code in the last few days, weeks or months...unfortunately, if I may add so.

So whatever happened, it must have been some event on your side. I haven´t heard of similiar symptoms like you describe, so it is certainly hard to give advice or diagnose.

A good shot into the dark is always to make sure X-Plane´s own little faults are turned OFF. It is all too easy to have X-Plane fail something - we had a user complain that the flight-controls (some) did not work for him. Guess what happened?

Another possibility might be some sort of driver update - or a plugin conflict. In flight-school we learned that if the engine suddently quits, remember the last thing you did and undo it (like selecting the other fuel tank or leaning the mixture or such...).

Hope you will get it sorted, Jan

22 hours ago, mmerelles said:

you should share the info if you want help.

You use external hardware, without any log or info i would bet they are interfering with the electricity somehow. For the required AC for the displays or dimmers. Without any sharing from your side i would recommend you disconnect all your external hardware from the computer and plugins and confirm the aircraft is back fully operative and continue from there.

Attached log file, you can see where i tried resetting all failures off  no joy

Rob

Log.txt

Edited by 737NUT

Update,

It's fixed!  For some reason, my RTH settings changed, i reset them and instantly the displays became visible.  I should have known to disable the plugins but when the combo has been working well you don't think to do that when you haven't changed anything.  

On a side note, the latest gizmo release does not allow IXEG datarefs to be displayed in the dataref viewer.  I brought this up before and got no answer.  Maybe you guys could ask and help me out.  

Thank you and sorry to waste your time.  Maybe someone will learn from this besides me.

Rob

48 minutes ago, 737NUT said:

I have that program, but with the latest Gizmo, the IXEG datarefs become invisible

are you 110% sure it's up to date?  ... there's no conspiracy going on here, it's just a minor tweak to gizmo internals.  

The tweak is intended to share the dref data with _more_ plugins, not block you out in any way.

Some people have lost access and I'm curious if it's their copy of DRE that is out of date and not capable of responding to the new dref message broadcasts.