SMP4 - Sudden weather change

philes

Good day !

First I want to say that SMP4 is stunning and very effective. I'm having much better FPS with it on than off ! (but...)

1) Is it normal that when SMP is on, the onboard weather radar show nothing ?

2) There is something really enoying with while flying with "match real world condition".
    I believe that when SMP receive new weather condition from xplane it change it immediately.

The problem is that suddenly it start lagging and pwooof all clouds have changed.
    - Isn't there any possibility to blend the 2 slowly ?

3) An other stuff (again maybe it's the datas from Xplane) is when climbing/descending suddenly the visibility change while flying in low vis.
    Taking off with low visibility, climbing and suddenly visibility become very good and you can see miles away wich is totally unrealistic...

SMP does not interact with your weather radar in any way; what it shows is based on X-Plane's internal weather, which should be consistent with the clouds we display.

SMP also does nothing with visibility effects; we only draw clouds. So I think you're just seeing whatever X-Plane itself does there.

I think you may want to consider purchasing Real Weather Connector; it exists to remove the sudden transitions when the weather changes, and allows you to see new cloud fronts ahead of you and fly into them naturally. That should solve what you're describing in #2.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, philes said:

Woaa RWC was indeed what i needed! Great peace of software! Exactly what SMP needed! Beautifull!!

Glad you're enjoying it! It makes a huge difference - it kind of pains me that people use SMP without it.

Be sure to turn up the cloud draw area in SMP as high as your system can handle, too.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to jump on this thread but I am struggling with sudden weather changes even with real weather connector.  I also use the NOAA plugin and have taken advice to turn this off and use the xplane real weather option but the problem persists.  Difficult to fly VFR on pilotedge when I'm flying along and it goes from VMC to IMC in an instant.

Is this a configuration problem on my end?  If so would appreciate some help.

Thanks

Sid

30 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

Sorry to jump on this thread but I am struggling with sudden weather changes even with real weather connector.  I also use the NOAA plugin and have taken advice to turn this off and use the xplane real weather option but the problem persists.  Difficult to fly VFR on pilotedge when I'm flying along and it goes from VMC to IMC in an instant.

Is this a configuration problem on my end?  If so would appreciate some help.

Thanks

Sid

If it is just the visibility that jump out, its a problem with x-plane. I have the same and it's really annoying... you can try to file a bug  on the dev blog of xplane, if nobody did it before. As sundog explained SMP just draw clouds. 

• Upvote 1