CTD caused by SMP4

hw314

There are a couple of things in your log that stick out to me:

SkyMaxx Pro license check failed. Clouds will be disabled.License challenge failed; MaxxFX disabled.

You need to open a ticket with X-Aviation to figure out why your software license isn't successfully authenticating. This will lead to unexpected behavior.

SkyMaxx Pro: WARNING! CPU free memory at 88284 KB. X-Plane may crash due to lack of memory. Close other applications, reset your settings, or remove memory-intensive add-ons such as photo-scenery.

I think you're running out of memory due to your custom scenery, or possibly from other add-ons. You might want to consider removing some of it. If you increased your cloud draw area in SMP too high, that would also consume memory.

If problems persist after resolving these issues, please include your METAR.rwx file as well as your best guess as to the closest airport when the crash occurred so we can dig into it more deeply.

Edited by sundog

Thanks for the fast reply sundog!

I have recently removed all the SMP stuff from the plugin folder due to a XP11 issue and then just put it back. Could that have lead to the license authentication issue? 

Regarding memory, I have 32GB RAM and have flown with this scenery for a long time without issues. Of course, with any new update of XP11 beta there could be a new issue introduced. I'll look into that.

thank you again for your support!

Hans

Edited by hw314

Vram i'd guess Frank meant mainly, i could be wrong ;)

Vram can be the be all and end all regarding a lot of x-plane glitches

Also, as weather/ground-clutter conditions etc change, you can go from a healthy 2gb un-used to borderline/maxed out, i'd suggest testing somewhere dense like L.A or NY with real good ole British Summer Weather, ya know, totally filled sky with clouds and howling down with rain sleet or snow lol, then make adjustments if needed to your actual xp and smp settings so you have some overhead once done

My 1080 can get maxed pretty fast lol, roll on 16gb+ Gpu's :)

Tony

Edited by Defiance_co
killing the Queens Inglish

The error is actually talking about your main memory, not VRAM. Custom scenery can consume it faster than you realize - or you may have other apps open in the background.

I'd suggest re-running the latest SMP and RWC installers to ensure all the components they need for licensing are present.