ATR 72-500

atgcab

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very strange.

atgcab's shots from months back showed the cabin complete and painted/textured, and with a livery, so why are these guys (never heard of them) suddenly redesigning the wheel from scratch?

Also, I love the "we've got a release date, but we're not telling you until we're sure."

So that's a "no", then. 8)

You've never heard of them before because up until this point they've done (I think, correct me if I'm wrong) exclusively FSX work. They're very well known in the FSX community and are, in my opinion, the single best repainters for FSX out there. Go have a look at some of their freeware stuff, it'll blow you away.

Sorry for the minor threadjack there. I'm definitely looking forward to atgcab's ATR ;)

WombatBoy ( Hi Derek) and Kesomir are right, McPhatstudios is well known in the FSX scene (and FS9 for a short while in the past).( the only studio making BIG bizz in selling skins)

Till now ( a tiny correction to what WombatBoy wrote  ) McPhatstudios released only two freeware paints for X-Plane.

These paints were published by a McPhat-guy under the McPhat umbrella.( McPhat-guys are allowed to publish their own freeware-paints under the McPhat umbrella when/if they succeed in passing   McPhat`s Quality Control)

Just testing the way of painting for X-Plane models, having the future in mind.

A bare metal Mooney (for the Carenado bird) and the same Mooney wearing the American Flag during its paint falling off.

Leen de Jager

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

As some of you have noticed, we have moved to McPhat Studios, taking with us the ATR 72-500, so the ATR is now full blown McPhat project. So good news, because that means the ATR will have McPhat quality.

For those few of you who may not know, McPhat Studios is a company dedicated -until now-, to texture models developed for Microsoft Flight Simulator X. They have worked, and keep working, for the main developers: PMDG, Wilco, Feelthere, Coolsky, Flight1, Captain Sim, etc. I say "until now" because for the past year McPhat Studios worked on their first 3D model, a DC-9 for Coolsky published by Flight1. As they see a bright future in X-Plane it was a win-win situation for both us and McPhat Studios to make the move and bring along our ATR-72-500.

We've opened a thread at McPhat Studios forum: http://www.mcphatstudios.net/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=94&func=view&catid=67&id=22599 to keep you informed about the developement.

But, of course, I will still post here too, although for news hot of the press, the McPhat Studios forums will be the place to be! Let me thank you again for your interest, comments and patience.

At the moment I can asure you that the ATR 72 will have an accurate flight model, tested by a real ATR 72 pilot, the 3d model that you already know plus McPhat high quality textures. With High Quality, I mean not only quality, but also High Definition. You may want to read what industry professionals say about their work here :  http://www.mcphatstudios.net/endorsements/

We may have more exciting news about the project, but we will disclose it once the deals have been made! Stay tuned,

Regards,

Alfredo

Hello Alfredo !

Thank you for the news, this is very interesting. Like some people on the McPhat Studios forum I would also like to know more about the features, the list of the simulated systems, custom FMS or not... and if this product will be released as a Windows only product (like Reality-XP, REX and Just Flight), or if it will be compatible with GNU/Linux, Mac OS and Windows (like Carenado) ? So I'm looking forward more news.

Happy building and flying !  8)

Hello Alfredo !

Thank you for the news, this is very interesting. Like some people on the McPhat Studios forum I would also like to know more about the features, the list of the simulated systems, custom FMS or not... and if this product will be released as a Windows only product (like Reality-XP, REX and Just Flight), or if it will be compatible with GNU/Linux, Mac OS and Windows (like Carenado) ? So I'm looking forward more news.

Happy building and flying ! 8)

Hi MdMax, and thank you:

Yes, it will work in all systems because it won't have plugins

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Purchased !!! Downloading as I type this and I say, am really looking forward to this ... and comparing it to the Dash Q400 by FlyJSim (one of my favourites).

Let's see ... there's JRollon's Jetstream 31/32, the IXEG 737 Classic and the MU2!

This is the dawn of the X-Plane century! :D

Edited by pryoski
  • Upvote 1