RWC oblivious about settings

daemotron

Hello Maxx-XP team,

I'm running XP 10.51 with SMP 4.0.1 and RWC 1.1, using NOAA as METAR source. Before I used SMP 3.3.2 with RWC 1.0 and NOAA. After upgrading, RWC loses the "always" setting when closing XP: 

DHC6_Twin_Otter_23.png

So after launching XP, I always have to set it back to "always":

DHC6_Twin_Otter_24.png

After having done that, it stays in this position until I close XP - then the setting is lost again...

Any idea what could cause this? Could it be linked to NOAA?

Cheers
Jesco

Log.txt

GizmoLog.txt

The RWC settings are stored in the same file as SMP's settings. Perhaps the file is corrupt somehow. Try deleting it, which will revert to default settings and force SMP to recreate the file from scratch - it's under resources/plugins/silverlining/settings.dat

Thanks, I got it now. Here's what I did: As advised, I deleted the settings.dat (actually I only moved it to a location outside of the XP directory structure). I launched XP, and first thing I did was changing the RWC setting. However this did not create a new settings.dat file (don't know if it's intended to do so or not), so next I tweaked SMP itself back into my own settings. When hitting "Apply", the settings.dat file was created. I tried later on, but switching RWC settings didn't change the last modified date of the file. However, once I hit "Apply" in the SMP settings dialog itself, RWC settings seem to get recorded they way they're currently set.