smp 4 cloud shadows flash on water v11

boeingornotgoing

Hm, I still can't get it to happen even with those exact settings.

Can we see your log.txt? It might be some sort of interaction with some other third party add-on.

Also, I think it's worth seeing if the issue still occurs while flying a default aircraft over default scenery. I could imagine some object in the scene messing up X-Plane's rendering.

Edited by sundog

Just tried flying out of both Tallahassee and Chicago in the MD80 and still no luck in getting this to happen.

However, your log.txt does reveal a huge number of issues with your X-Plane installation. You have a very old SASL plugin getting loaded from your F-15 aircraft that is known to cause problems, and countless conflicts arising from all of your custom scenery that you have installed. There are also indications of corrupt memory files being accessed in your log.

It's not what you want to hear - but I think the next step is to install a new, clean X-Plane 11 into a new directory, install nothing but SMP to it, and see if the problem still occurs. If so, then it may be something specific to MacOS or your hardware configuration. SMP does "play by the rules" when it comes to shadows, so if we can narrow this down, we'll just have to file a bug with Laminar about it - especially if this just started in PB8 for you.

Meanwhile we'll also keep our ears open for any similar reports from other users.

• Upvote 1