FMC CRZ page

Hi,

I'm on XP11 PB6 right now, I have question about economy "optimal" altitude calculated  om CRZ page. Does it suppose to change as flight progresses (given that aircraft weight is changing during the flight that allow an increase of optimal altitude)? Or is that something that only happens in NG series ? Because so far I notice CRZ page doesn't get updated automatically during long hauls and stick to initial values. 

Thanks

10 minutes ago, sdflyer said:

Hi,

I'm on XP11 PB6 right now, I have question about economy "optimal" altitude calculated  om CRZ page. Does it suppose to change as flight progresses (given that aircraft weight is changing during the flight that allow an increase of optimal altitude)? Or is that something that only happens in NG series ? Because so far I notice CRZ page doesn't get updated automatically during long hauls and stick to initial values. 

Thanks

Cruise optimal & maximum altitude should change as flight progresses and the aircraft comes lighter. It always worked and working for me. XP10.51 IXEG 1.0.7

maybe XP11 thing?

1 hour ago, sdflyer said:

Hi,

Thanks

...and you did not enter the PLAN fuel, did you? :)

Cheers, Jan

Don´t enter the PLAN fuel. It is only entered very rarely if the pilots want to check out the performance of the plane before the real fuel is loaded onto the plane. Once you enter a PLAN fuel, the FMC will not take the real fuel on board into account. So in short - NEVER enter the PLAN fuel (we allow it to be entered because the real plane does it, but I have NEVER entered the PLAN fuel in 10 years of flying the 737).

Cheers, Jan

Edited by Litjan
  • Upvote 2