LES Saab 340 activation problem

Steve7Plays

So yeah. Bought the plane yesterday dragged the installer on my desktop run it when i put in my login info it always says either I didnt buy it yet or my login informations are wrong....

Yeah I definetly bought it and I definetly have entered the login info atleast 30 times the right way....

opened a support ticket today morning but no response yet so I took this now to the forums...

3 hours ago, Steve7Plays said:

So yeah. Bought the plane yesterday dragged the installer on my desktop run it when i put in my login info it always says either I didnt buy it yet or my login informations are wrong....

Yeah I definetly bought it and I definetly have entered the login info atleast 30 times the right way....

opened a support ticket today morning but no response yet so I took this now to the forums...

go to x-a, change your password.

The code that handles that is... embarassingly old.

Changing your password to something autogen by the system will probably let the in-sim activator recognise it properly.

Hi Ben.

Every update of gizmo needs a re-activation of x-aviation products.

I purchased and installed SMP 4.0 in December. I think it installed a updated gizmo plugin and all my x-aviation purchases needed re-activation.

While the SMP/RWC/IXEG activation went through, my Saab needed a reset of activations.

I had earlier updated my gizmo plugin from your links too.

While this is no problem in normal course, it's a hassle as one has to wait a long long time for the reset from x-aviation. I am still waiting for my Saab reset since Jan 1.

Is there anyway to avoid this re-activation with gizmo updates?

Thanks

Gautam

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, gsuri said:

Hi Ben.

Every update of gizmo needs a re-activation of x-aviation products.

I purchased and installed SMP 4.0 in December. I think it installed a updated gizmo plugin and all my x-aviation purchases needed re-activation.

While the SMP/RWC/IXEG activation went through, my Saab needed a reset of activations.

I had earlier updated my gizmo plugin from your links too.

While this is no problem in normal course, it's a hassle as one has to wait a long long time for the reset from x-aviation. I am still waiting for my Saab reset since Jan 1.

Is there anyway to avoid this re-activation with gizmo updates?

Thanks

Gautam

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Gautam.

Sorry to hear that you're having this issue.

There have been a few issues causing this lately that I'm aware of.

1. Microsoft Win10 Anniversary Update.

This changed the system fingerprint valuest that I use to generate our machine-id data.

2. macOS Sierra.

This was also a fairly signifincant change and "should" only result in a machine-id change for people that are using a hackintosh.

When you are using our activation dialog you will notice that it has a text input field that has "machine id" data in it.

This data is also written to the Log.txt or GizmoLog.txt files.

IF and only if this value changes, will you use a license slot.

With this knowledge it is possible to "update to a new gizmo" and see if the machine ID data changed.

It should not. But as stated above, sometimes OS level upgrades occur and sometimes we add "better" support for what customers want to do.

If you continue to see these issues please post again.

These DRM/activation systems are being actively upgraded at the moment.

I hope to ship updates soon that will allow much better self management.

• Upvote 1

I am on windows 10 on my gaming computer and this has not changed.

I did upgrade to win 10 anniversary pro from win 10 professional home some time ago.

My other computer is a Macbook which I use when travelling and also has x-plane installed on it. I have not upgraded to sierra.

There is a machine ID field and I have never bothered to check or compare this as I have not changed my machine.

Could you possibly check if there is any issue from my end?

The only obvious change which caused this recently in both the windows Pc and the Macbook was the smp 4.0 install.

My email id is surigautam@gmail.com

Thanks

Gautam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PS I am a 65 year old simmer!

46 minutes ago, gsuri said:

I am on windows 10 on my gaming computer and this has not changed.

I did upgrade to win 10 anniversary pro from win 10 professional home some time ago.

My other computer is a Macbook which I use when travelling and also has x-plane installed on it. I have not upgraded to sierra.

There is a machine ID field and I have never bothered to check or compare this as I have not changed my machine.

Could you possibly check if there is any issue from my end?

The only obvious change which caused this recently in both the windows Pc and the Macbook was the smp 4.0 install.

My email id is surigautam@gmail.com

Thanks

Gautam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PS I am a 65 year old simmer!

I'm unable to look into the help desk ticketing system or customer data.
I can only address the technical side of how and why.

I will have to wait for Cameron to reach your ticket in the queue before I can offer any further advice.

He will be able to provide me with more informationa bout your activation history, how many machine-id's you've used. etc.

Sorry for the delay.

Edited by Ben Russell
typos