XPUIPC ...for flaps axis

lineman55

• 2 weeks later...

FLaps issue raised its ugly head again...what Im looking for is a plugin for setting values for a limited travel for my GoFlight TQ6 Advance. XPLANE will not zero out for flaps up unless I hit the keyboard command..and then it will just creep back to say FLAPS 1 .I know the pots that came with this unit is not very good...and I did make a modification so my flap lever went up and beyond its stopping point..which worked for awhile...so I changed out the pot and now its still there with the same problem.

Potbelly seems to work only with assigning buttons...does FWLUA pluging fit this bill for doing what I need?

On 27/1/2017 at 10:55 AM, lineman55 said:

FLaps issue raised its ugly head again...what Im looking for is a plugin for setting values for a limited travel for my GoFlight TQ6 Advance. XPLANE will not zero out for flaps up unless I hit the keyboard command..and then it will just creep back to say FLAPS 1 .I know the pots that came with this unit is not very good...and I did make a modification so my flap lever went up and beyond its stopping point..which worked for awhile...so I changed out the pot and now its still there with the same problem.

Potbelly seems to work only with assigning buttons...does FWLUA pluging fit this bill for doing what I need?

try this for your flap axis lever, ixeg compatible

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/30886-flap-axis-detent/

• Upvote 1

On Sunday, January 29, 2017 at 10:55 AM, mmerelles said:

try this for your flap axis lever, ixeg compatible

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/30886-flap-axis-detent/

So last night I tried this..apparently it didn't do what I thought it would do.Followed instructions perfectly..all the scripts were working that came with it.. and tried over and over..but the calibration just wouldn't get my flaps to "0" it was always starting at 2 and when I hit the keyboard command to "fully up flaps" they went up but would jump back down nilly willy to "2" again. When I calibrate in xplane it does not show fully traveled in the up position..just the full flap position it will show..and stops short of "flaps up".

3 hours ago, lineman55 said:

So last night I tried this..apparently it didn't do what I thought it would do.Followed instructions perfectly..all the scripts were working that came with it.. and tried over and over..but the calibration just wouldn't get my flaps to "0" it was always starting at 2 and when I hit the keyboard command to "fully up flaps" they went up but would jump back down nilly willy to "2" again. When I calibrate in xplane it does not show fully traveled in the up position..just the full flap position it will show..and stops short of "flaps up".

when you fully retract your flaps to 0 via key command and they jump back to something this tipically means:

1. Your axis lever and/or potentiometer is having dust and it can not reach minimum travel readings.

2. Your potentiometer is bad, it never reads 0 it is always sending signal as being certain % of the travel

3. You have an uncalibrated axis/driver issue?

If you have a proper calibrated axis lever and a properly working potentiometer you should be able to have full travel under xplane calibration menu.

EDIT:

The axis flap detent script:

If you have a fully working axis lever ranging from 0 to 100%. The script creates virtual detents as per the aircraft model so when you move your flap lever you have ranges % of detents not to be required to keep fine tuning the axis travel to get desired flap setting.

Edited by mmerelles
  • Upvote 1

19 hours ago, mmerelles said:

when you fully retract your flaps to 0 via key command and they jump back to something this tipically means:

1. Your axis lever and/or potentiometer is having dust and it can not reach minimum travel readings.

2. Your potentiometer is bad, it never reads 0 it is always sending signal as being certain % of the travel

3. You have an uncalibrated axis/driver issue?

If you have a proper calibrated axis lever and a properly working potentiometer you should be able to have full travel under xplane calibration menu.

EDIT:

The axis flap detent script:

If you have a fully working axis lever ranging from 0 to 100%. The script creates virtual detents as per the aircraft model so when you move your flap lever you have ranges % of detents not to be required to keep fine tuning the axis travel to get desired flap setting.

Your absolutely right about the pot  I have calibrated this time and time again and cant get it to zero out..its the pot no doubt..and its a new one to boot! from GoFlight!..

I thought that the script gave me the option to set a value of zero to 100 allowing the existing travel and override xplanes default calibration values..Thankyou for your help..looks like I will have to replace this one also....