FLAPS wont fully retract....Help please!

I am using the Goflight TQ6 throttle and in the beginning my flaps worked perfectly....now my calibration for flaps and speed brake do not show fully up..It just comes short like flap 1

The yellow "wings" on my flight screen FMS will not go out unless I force my flap lever past its stop just a bit..then extinguishes.It is effecting my MCP speed also.The flap indicator in the stock 737 in xplane 11 fully retracts..but my IXEG is showing its not...I do have the latest PB5 also.I paid for POTBELLY software also hoping for a solution..but it seems to me its only for button assignments..not axis movements. Any help fully appreciated here! If I assign FLAPS UP with a key command it retracts fully.. I have been in touch with Goflight on this..Speedbrake shows the same..

xplane does not support flap detents for jets, it does not support nullzone for flaps axis either so far to counteract desktop grade hardware noisy potentiometers.

Your tq6 flap axis is sending noise signals all the time so the flaps does not fully retract and if it does they may deploy from nowhere. When flaps are deployed A/T reduces maximum speed not to rip them.

Best stable solution so far on xplabe is to use buttons instead of keys for flap axis until xplane offers better support for detents, nullzone, etc.

You can also try a free lua plugin http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/30886-flap-axis-detent/

• Upvote 1

well that stinks...what a shame...something like FSUIPC worked great in FSX..I tried the software from POTBELLY and this only works for button assignments as far as I can makeout.Appreciate your advice.They really do need a nullzone implemented. How is someone supposed to build a full blown cockpit with buttons only?

so basicly..my flap handle on this unit is useless..to retract fully I have to assign a key..which I did..and it works..for about a minute..and the problem comes back.So my alternative
is to totally disable a vital function on the throttle unit and resort back to key commands....well that was a waste of money

Hmm, I think MANY people have used hardware with an axis assigned to the flap lever.

I have a Fighterstick USB from CH Products, and if I assign the incorporated throttle wheel to "flaps", it works well. There is no inadvertent deploying of flaps out of the "up" position at all.

Bear in mind that this is in X-Plane 10! There are still certain issues with calibration of hardware in XP11, I have to reconfigure my hardware all the time between flights, so you may hit up on a bug that still needs ironing out.

Cheers, Jan

• Upvote 1

You are so right..taking into consideration its a Beta I can understand.. but Im wondering if XPUIPC  would work.. does it work just like it did in FSX? That might allow me to get working ..or at least buy some time till XP11 gets up to par..  does it read axis info also?

What I did was checked off reverse and now my flap lever works by moving the opposite way but I get full flaps up now...originally I needed just a smidgen of movement to get full up....

Edited by lineman55