Navigraph Airac Update + IXEG 733 = Crash

THA118

Hi guys,

first of all, congrats on such a wonderful plane ! I bought it yesterday and it's been an absolute amazing experience so far.
However I ran up to a 'bug' if you may call it.. I manually downloaded the dedicated IXEG 733 navigraph Airac update (1701).
I first took a backup of my existing (read: original) fmc_data folder and then copied the downloaded navdata and sidstars folder to the fmc_data folder under X-Aviation > IXEG 733

When I fired up X-plane and after choosing the IXEG 733 from the aircrafts list, x-plans starts loading up, but crashes soon after.
To confirm this was related to the navigraph data, I think copied back the original fmc_data and retried. This worked like a charm.

So either there is a bug with the 733 or it's an issue with the airac data.
I tried using the original navdata map and only updating the sidstars and that seemed to work. In fact I was able to make a test flight using updated Sids and Stars.

Can this be investigated please?

Thanks

16 minutes ago, THA118 said:

Hi guys,

first of all, congrats on such a wonderful plane ! I bought it yesterday and it's been an absolute amazing experience so far.
However I ran up to a 'bug' if you may call it.. I manually downloaded the dedicated IXEG 733 navigraph Airac update (1701).
I first took a backup of my existing (read: original) fmc_data folder and then copied the downloaded navdata and sidstars folder to the fmc_data folder under X-Aviation > IXEG 733

When I fired up X-plane and after choosing the IXEG 733 from the aircrafts list, x-plans starts loading up, but crashes soon after.
To confirm this was related to the navigraph data, I think copied back the original fmc_data and retried. This worked like a charm.

So either there is a bug with the 733 or it's an issue with the airac data.
I tried using the original navdata map and only updating the sidstars and that seemed to work. In fact I was able to make a test flight using updated Sids and Stars.

Can this be investigated please?

Thanks

Hi, im using cycle 1701 from navigraph without any problems. So my guess that it have to be something with your installation of the navdata.

Before you installed the navigraph update and after you took a backup of the original navdata. Did you remove all the files in the fmc_data folder?

Just now, Tom Stian said:

Hi, im using cycle 1701 from navigraph without any problems. So my guess that it have to be something with your installation of the navdata.

Before you installed the navigraph update and after you took a backup of the original navdata. Did you remove all the files in the fmc_data folder?

In fact what I did was, I renamed the fmc_data folder to ori_fmc_data, I then created fmc_data as new folder and copied the navdata and sidstars folder from the download to that newly created folder.

5 minutes ago, THA118 said:

In fact what I did was, I renamed the fmc_data folder to ori_fmc_data, I then created fmc_data as new folder and copied the navdata and sidstars folder from the download to that newly created folder.

Strange.

I downloaded the native navigraph installer for the IXEG and installed it without any problems. 

And there is no typo in the folder (fmc_data) you created manually ? :)

8 minutes ago, Tom Stian said:

Strange.

I downloaded the native navigraph installer for the IXEG and installed it without any problems. 

And there is no typo in the folder (fmc_data) you created manually ? :)

Perhaps it's a faulty download. but prior to triple checking the fmc_data folder, I'm going to give it a try with the FMS installer from Navigraph

3 minutes ago, THA118 said:

Perhaps it's a faulty download. but prior to triple checking the fmc_data folder, I'm going to give it a try with the FMS installer from Navigraph

Try that and see if that works out for you.

When i tested now I used this from Navigraph

https://www.navigraph.com/FmsDataDownloadPage.aspx?FID=62807dec-e97c-45fa-9677-e11c3b6957f4

Edited by Tom Stian