LNAV, Transition Level Bug ?

JetNoise

Hi,

i am aware that VNAV/ LNAV is being reworked. I haven't seen a bug report on this one, as i have scanned this forum - section :

With Transition Level/Altitude being default at 5000 ft or changed to a differnt level / altitude by the pilot, shouldn't be all the calculations for subsequent waypoint altitudes in the FMC/CDU based and displayed on that level / altitude ?

I still see LEVEL being used beside the path at or below the Transition altitude/level which is current in the DESCENT/FORECAST page.

Exampel: DESCENT-FORECAST-TRANSITION LVL set to 7000ft (by pilot). FMC (still) shows FL60,FL50 etc on subsequent waypoints.

@Litjan

I can't recall seing this on the NGX i flew.

Cheers, Oliver

Windows10, XPlane 10, IXEG 1.07

You are right, Oliver - I don´t think the FMS is taking info from the descent forecast page into account, yet. We allow filling it out - but the FMS disregards the info for now.

In the real plane you will have two sets of "transition altitude" - one set for departure (and valid up to TOC) and one set for arrival (valid from TOD onward). This is because different airports can have different TAs.

This will be fixed in further updates down the road.

Thanks for the report, Jan