San Diego International (KSAN) - Icarus Simulations & LatinVFR

airfighter

Happy New Year...with an announcement!

In collaboration with LatinVFR, we are converting San Diego International Airport for X-Plane! The project is already in an advanced stage. 

About the project:

• Will be converted for X-Plane 10.50+, to our team's standards of quality. That mean, parts that are not looking good in X-Plane, will be replaced with ours.
  • It works fine in X-Plane 11, but after X-Plane 11.00 goes final, we will update all airports (including KSAN) to new standards. Updates will be free.

A small preview for now, more to come! Enjoy!

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

We are happy to announce that the product of our cooperation with LatinVFR has entered the final beta stage!

A bit about the features:
High quality rendition of the airport.
Accurate custom night lighting.
Animated jetways for all gates (the free Autogate plugin is required).
Crisp ground textures, markings, etc.
FPS friendly.
The airport requires X-Plane 10.50+
Works fine in X-Plane 11 (the images below is from XP11).
Will be a totally free update to include all new X-Plane 11 features (ground traffic, reflections, etc.), as soon the appropriate tools will be available. Note: The updated version will work only in X-Plane 11.
Full free support/updates until the end of X-Plane 11 run.

Stay tuned for release info!

Enjoy!

b738_1.jpgb738_2.jpgb738_3.jpgb738_4.jpgb738_5.jpgb738_6.jpgb738_7.jpgb738_8.jpgb738_9.jpg

Edited by airfighter
...adding images!
  • Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

I purchased KSAN and installed it in XP11 PB15. Installer created two folders KSAN_SAN_DIEGO and KSAN_SAN_DIEGO_ROADS in CUSTOM SCENERY.

However, nothings shows up by default XP11 scenery. I checked scenery_pack.ini here what it looks like:

I
1000 Version
SCENERY

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/AEHD_Ramps/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/AEHD_Taxilines/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EBBR Brussels/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDDF Frankfurt/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDLP Paderborn-Lippstadt/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EGBB Birmingham/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EGKK London-Gatwick/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EGLL Heathrow/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EGPF Glasgow/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EGSS London-Stansted/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LEBL Barcelona/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LEMD Madrid/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LFMN Nice Cote d Azur X/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LFPG Paris CDG/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LFPO Paris Orly/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LPFR Faro/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LSGG Genf/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/BetiX - CZST_A_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/BetiX - CZST_B/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/BetiX - CZST_C_Mesh/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/flags_of_USA_states/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Global Airports/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/gpb500_Misc/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KBNG - Banning Municipal/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KPHX - Phoenix Sky Harbor Intl/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSAN_San_Diego/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSAN_San_Diego_roads/

Any idea why it doesn't work?

I just installed KSAN. I have this in FSX as well and think it's great. I am only getting < than 6 FPS with a Carenado B200 in X-Plane Beta 15. The default Cessna about 12fps. The sliders are set to high in Objects. I have an I-7 processor with Windows 7 and an Nvidia 1060 video card. Also the filler buildings downtown are not there. Are you planning on putting these in? Seems very empty.

1 hour ago, mbell said:

I just installed KSAN. I have this in FSX as well and think it's great. I am only getting < than 6 FPS with a Carenado B200 in X-Plane Beta 15. The default Cessna about 12fps. The sliders are set to high in Objects. I have an I-7 processor with Windows 7 and an Nvidia 1060 video card. Also the filler buildings downtown are not there. Are you planning on putting these in? Seems very empty.

Thanks for purchasing! 

About performance. All indications we have is that performance-wise is fine. To investigate it further, please run once X-Plane as you described above that you get low performance, close X-Plane and post the Log.txt file. Also post a screenshot of your settings. Check if your nvidia thread optimization settings is on or off. It would be helpful if you post you full specs (CPU model, Ram etc).

All the buildings we have got from LatinVFR are present. If it is possible, please post a comparison screenshot FSX/X-Plane, where they are missing, so we improve on the upcoming update. 

I checked FSX and it is the same. I also changed the NVidia  settings and am now getting 17-18 fps with default 172. As you further develop this scenery; see if you can fill in the vacant city blocks ie, add the stadium ect..  X-Plane 11 is the only way to go today. I am tired of the VAS issue in FSX, and X-Plane 11 is extremely realistic; lacking only airport/scenery/cities development. You really have to look twice on videos to determine whether it is real. "looks real"

I am looking forward to your continued release of other sceneries.

Thanks

Thanks again.

We are planning for the near future a dedicated X-Plane 11 update, and we will look at those issues. If you want us to investigate further the performance (I run on an i5/GTX760 with at least 25 fps), please send the above, plus a screenshot where the fps counter is visible.

Regards 

• 1 year later...

Hi There,

Very first time posting on any X Plane forum. Have been running X Plane for some time now and recently purchased San Diego as it's a favourite airport of mine.

I don't struggle with FPS but I do notice quite bad stutters on short final and landing where it's almost like the sim freezes for a second. I have tested that nothing is conflicting by removing ortho4xp Tiles, I've also removed the Airport HD textures which affect runways and taxiways but that didn't help.

I'm running a decent system all be it a bit outdated, but every other airport is fine (mostly freeware airports) but having paid for San Diego wanted to post here to get some advice to possibly resolve the stuttering. I'm running X Plane 11.25 (Just updated) and Reshade aswell.

I've attached a copy of my Log file for investigation. What other information should I provide?

Thanks,

Log.txt

Hi @boeing253 

I can't see anything suspicious here, and your machine is more than enough to handle the airport. To investigate further, please post a screenshot with your graphics settings. What was your fps just before the stutters? All started last couple miles from the airport? 

Also deactivate Reshade and try again to see you still get the same.. 

Regards

The stutters start within 10nm of the airport and get worse the closer I get to the airport. When I flare the aircraft it freezes for a split second and then I touchdown. 

FPS vary between 29 and 30. I will try disabling Reshade and please confirm you would like a screenshot of my X Plane graphics settings not nvidia settings?

Many Thanks

Hi @airfighter

Please see attached screenshot of X Plane graphics settings.

Upon further investigation the stutters start at about 5nm from airport and the FPS drop off aswell down 14fps when almost at the landing point. After touchdown FPS are back to normal.

It's a shame as I really like the airport and it's not the best experience having paid for a product that has issues.

Any advice would be appreciated.

XP Settings.jpg

On 7/29/2018 at 6:31 AM, boeing253 said:

Hi @airfighter

Please see attached screenshot of X Plane graphics settings.

Upon further investigation the stutters start at about 5nm from airport and the FPS drop off aswell down 14fps when almost at the landing point. After touchdown FPS are back to normal.

It's a shame as I really like the airport and it's not the best experience having paid for a product that has issues.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Could you also post the fps counter during the low fps? Have you tried to deactivate Reshade to check if there is any difference?

Hi Airfighter,

Please see attached screenshots into San Diego.

I have narrowed it down to the last 5nm on the approach when the stutters/freezing starts. the screenshots that show very low FPS are where the actual games freezes or stutters what ever you wish to call it before resuming normal flight.

I haven't got anything installed apart from the San Diego scenery.

generally FPS are sitting at 30-40fps.

ksan_low_fps_1.jpg

ksan_low_fps_2.jpg

ksan_low_fps.jpg

Edited by boeing253

• 2 weeks later...

@boeing253

Sorry for the late reply. Family and vacations delayed me.

I've run a lot of test but hadn't any problems with stutters or freezing. My tests were on totally different machine, settings, and OS, so results might vary. In short I've seen a small drop in fps, but that was all.

Anyway, I have found some unoptimized objects that might be the cause, so I would like to give a try. 

Download the attached file, unzip it and drop (and replace) the files into KSAN_San_Diego/objects/icarus folder. Give it a try to see if that fixes that problem, and please report back the results.

KSAN_test.zip

Edited by airfighter

@airfighter

No problems about the late reply. I did some testing myself and I think reshade had a lot to do with the problem. I was put onto a new program called "Xvision", so I completely removed reshade and also fsenhancer, and re-ran the XP installer to reinstall the default shaders and the cloud textures.

The stutters and/or freezing became alot better and I could actually fly comfortably into the airport with decent FPS.

I have downloaded the attached file and am just about to land in San Diego so I shall report back. But I believe there may have been some conflict with reshade & fsenhancer.

• Like 1