IXEG 737 in multiplayer for those who don't have it

OlaHaldor

A friend purchased your 737 but I don't have it (yet). Nor do I know when I will get it, as my time for flying is limited and I tend to keep the one's I already own, either default or the CRJ-200.

We just got X-Plane 11 up and running in multiplayer, and I noticed his plane shows up as a Cessna 172. A bit boring if I may.. Is there a way to have him show up as the default B737 at least? 

http://csl.x-air.ru/

Hope that links ok

I got to fly with guys i met online using this

It's a bit hard going as i assume the writers native language isn't english (bravo to all multi-linguits though)

I installed the util in the Plugins folder

I think i was sent the CSL's i needed to see the guys, and told where to place them

Ohh, grab the lights fix too, it makes the lights somewhat smaller and round

Anyways it gets hazy next, with the CSL's in correct folder (no idea offhand) you have to set several items in the popup util thingie lol

Easy once you've done it once, i'm sure i had to make a pw and callsign or something like that (been quite a while as you can tell since i used it)

Now to think what we used to see each other on a map, i think it was http://xfsd.ansorg-web.de/fsdmap/

As i say it's been ages and i lose track of what i've tried since 11 came out

If i get time i'll try and check my old install of xp10 and see where i added/altered stuff

It did work fine for us and we flew some great stints around valleys etc around the world lol

As far as i can remember, we all had to have each others csl in xp so we could all see the different plane types we flew

Hope that helps a bit

Tony

ps : Don't help having a drink or two at the moment lol

pps : Checked my xp10 files, in plugins after installing xivap, you get a folder called X-IvAp Resources, once you find the CSL/CSL's you need off that site or maybe make them, inside the folder i mention is the CSL folder, hence you slap the CSL's in there

ppps : If you need i can upload the xivap file, i'm not sure if the one on the site is still working ?

Tony

Edited by Defiance_co
added text

Hiya,

I'd do as Tom suggests, with you both seeing each other it must be something simple just like it was in xivap

The xivap plugin is a third party work around from my understanding, and was from many moons ago, so no need for this as you're seeing each other just fine being directly connected

If or rather When you crack it, a Howto etc would be good for others

If i find anything i'll chime back in here

Hope you get it sorted

Have Fun

Tony

I usually fly online with another friend or two doing the same thing. We connect P2P by port forwarding but the trick is that you do need the same aircraft on both machines in the same directories. So basically when your machine sees your friend IXEG 737, it is looking in your X-Plane Aircraft folder for the same plane and directory structure as his. So if you both fly any of the default aircraft, then all will be fine. If he flies the IXEG then you must have a copy of it on your system as well. I think I have tried Tom's way at one point and do not recall if it worked of not. I do recall that the IXEG is very difficult doing this with as you will also see the ground services equipment attached to the aircraft at all times, even while flying.(Alos I recall an issue with activation when changing the name of the aircraft) On a side note, if you do get it working and want to be able to have a different Livery than your friends, then you must make another copy as well and name it something different. So each would have a copy named IXEG 737 Classic-Bob and IXEG 737 Classic-Mike or what ever you want as long as they say the same thing.

To maybe make things easier and this is a maybe, you can try out the plugin called Netflight. This will allow you to choose what aircraft that would closely resemble your friend's without having to have the same planes. You would select what aircraft with the AI menu as it uses one or more of the 19 aircraft slots so you can fly with 19 other friends.  There was an issue with Netflight and Gizmo a while back which is what prompted us to use direct connections, but maybe the issue is no longer there. our FPS dropped dramatically when Gizmo was in the plugins folder.

I hope that helps more than confuses you.

Edited by criley

On 12/30/2016 at 11:14 PM, Tom Stian said:

This is experimental. havent tried it and have no plans to try it either ^^

Maybe you could just edit the  .afc file for the default 737-800 (TAKE BACKUP FIRST)

and search for P acf/_ICAO B738  

and change the B738 to B733 ? 

I'll give it a shot when we're both online.

Alright, so I had to make the exact same folder structure and filename for it to work. But in the end, at least I can see his IXEG 737 Classic as a default 737-800.

I copied the Boeing 737-800 folder to the Aircraft\X-Aviation\ folder. Then renamed it to IXEG 737 Classic.

In the folder I renamed the acf file from 738 to 733, opened the acf file and renamed as mentioned above, P acf/_ICAO B738 to B733

• Upvote 1