Hi I am new to X-plane and IXEG, long time PMDG user so have an understanding of the 73 systems and how they function.

I have an issue with your plane tho, CWS, twice now those two little yellow boxes have appeared on the PFD? and I cant get rid of them, the aircraft goes crazy, and wants to roll over, I disengage, and then have to flight with the trim wheel as its shot off forcing the aircraft up, so I have to spin it back down while man handling and trying to get the aircraft to stabilize, not to mention silence alarms and what not.

Then when I try to re engage AP, its back to CWS and off we go again.

SO how the "insert your own adjective here" do I A) stop this nonsense from happening, and b, get it back to a CMD autopilot mode, google is an helpful as an elephant in a cockpit and throws up no suggestions at all.  

iv just found a copy of the FCOM online and have read over CWS modes, whilst I kind of get what it means, how does this translate to a rookie in a home sim???
Pretty sure BANK ANGLE BANK ANGLE screaming at you as you roll over 45 degrees isn't part of Normal boeing procedures!!

Thanks for any guidance on this!
Liam Reynolds

Hi Liam,

The aircraft will enter CWS mode if you accidentally bump into your controls while the AP is on. It is an indication to the aircraft you wan't to take manual control. CWS can also activate by itself if your hardware isn't very good and is "spiking" signals.  Try increasing the "null zone" in the joystick options.

M

Edited by Morten