CRJ 200 FMS

ByBry

I am very close to permanently removing the XAviation CRJ 200 from my XPlane 10.  This aircraft simply refuses to engage the autopilot in any way.  I am not a novice at this and I have flown hundreds of flights in the CRJ on FSX.  Flawless.  No matter what i do in the XAviation CRJ it will not engage in Autopilot.   I know how to insure that FMC/FMS is my navigation source, I know how to program an FMC and have done so thousands of times.  I can see my FMC flight path in the MFD it is programmed properly.  The autopilot won't even engage to follow a manual heading.  Nothing I pay for should ever have this level of frustration.  This product does,

• 1 month later...

As important as it is to register an issue or a perceived issue it is just as important to retract a complaint about an issue. 

I am retracting my complaint regarding the autopilot not engaging.  I reinstalled the CRJ 200 to XP11 Beta 2 and set up a KLAX to KDEN flight with an SMO waypoint (only 4 miles away I know) and had a fantastic roll and liftoff.  After setting a heading to intercept just short of the SMO waypoint the autopilot locked on and all was right with the world.  I accept full responsibility for 'pilot error'. 

The CRJ 200 is a fantastic model and I would suggest that anyone who loves XPlane 11 simming should add the XAviation CRJ 200 to their collection. 

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

Ok here's my scenario.  I'm sure it's an easy fix I just need led in the right direction.

With the crj fms I can program and fly an entire flight no problem.

My only problem is that I cannot get the route map to show up at all. It doesn't even show a line to the next waypoint.  The only real information I have for my way points is from my fms saying distance to and ete.

Take a look at the side panel on the left side wall on the pilots side. It's called the display control panel.

On the top center there's two concentric knobs labelled FORMAT/RANGE. Turn the outer one (format) to the right to get to the NAV and PLAN views.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all for your posts.  I have the EXACT situation as ByBry.  I really feel stupid as I have been in flight simulation for 30 years.  I previously updated my CRJ-200 in X-Plane 10.  It would not follow the FMS, thus I simply replaced it with the old version.  A few days ago I jumped into X-Plane 11, downloaded my CRJ-200 v.1.7.2, and set up a flight.  The result was the same.  It will not follow the FMS.  I made sure the Yaw Damper was on (lights off) on the console.  ByBry stated he resolved the issue but did not state specifically what he did differently.  If he would post that I would appreciate it along with any other comments.  Thanks