Overhaed panel: Button / Switch Functionality

Fab10

Hi,

Firstly, I'd like to thank Javier and all at X-Aviation for this unexpected Christmas present - it is gratefully received, and the peerless JRollon CRJ remains an absolute favourite.

This current version, as well as older versions, have had limited overhead switch/button/knob functionality even though the mouse cursor turns into a hand to "grab" and/or "actuate" the controls, yet clicking, dragging, grabbing, etc the knob or control, there is no apparent functionality.

Have I missed a dependency or some other necessary operation to obtain function from these seemingly workable buttons/switches etc?

Thanks again to all, have a great Christmas!

Best wishes,

Fabio

Indeed, yes, take another look at the manual. Good idea, wish I had thought of that, but I did Google the question, so that's something I guess.   

However, I would still like to know why are there seemingly operational buttons, switches and knobs when in fact they do nothing other than make the cursor pretend something might happen. Nothing in the manual about those, or in the tutorial for that matter.

You see, within the VC, some buttons, switches and knobs that have no operational capacity are just VC objects and as such are nothing more than detail, and these the cursor ignores, but then there are several that the cursor seems to respond to, yet no amount of clicking or dragging will elicit a useful response. Why the difference?

By the way, it's a lovely aeroplane, and always has been. 

[This latest version tends to lose its way navigationally speaking on a certain approach into EGLC. I'll get more on this when next I try it.]