ILS LOC

Denco

Hi, 

I'm not sure if I did anything wrong, but today when I was making my first flight with the IEXG I wasn't able to capture the localizer. I selected my approach to the runaway and later entered the ILS that was in the INIT REF page to the NAV 1 radio. When I was in the range of the localizer I pressed the VOR LOC button but it didn't work. Is there something I'm missing?

Make sure your course selector is set to the ILS LOC heading, double check the frequency is correct or try another airport to see if the same thing happens there.  Another thing to try is to press the VOR LOC button much early, a few minutes before you intend intercept it, set a heading to intercept the localiser with a typical angle, maybe around 30 degrees offset and see if the autopilot catches it. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Iain said:

Nothing wrong with the question, there are plenty times with LOC is used on it's own before press APP, it's pretty common way to do it, especially if you want to track the LOC while flying the descent profile in another mode like VS.

I do have one more question. I like to fly my planes manually towards the runaway. The problem is when I disable the A/P the glideslope and localizer disappear from the PFD leaving me without a F/D. How can one disable the A/P while still regaining the F/D?

andreasxb is right. If you disable the autopilot with the autopilot disconnect bar, which is located just below the actual autopilot A + B buttons, this will not only cut the power to the autopilots but also to the flight directors and therefore you will lose both your lateral and vertical guidance. Alternatively you could also add an autopilot disconnect command to a joystick button.

• Upvote 1