[FAQ]Solution to freeze and stutter using FMC

sthenion

15 minutes ago, lehbird said:

I am having this problem and use Webroot for virus protection. THis program does not have a function to exclude files; their support says there is no need to with their product. Any suggestions for me?

Hmm, the only thing I could think of is

a.) not to use Webroot

b.) don´t MOD your route while you fly

c.) live with the processing slowdown between MODing and EXECuting

Sorry I can´t give you a better solution at this time,

Jan

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 2:55 PM, Cameron said:

It's not a super widespread issue.

Hey Cameron, not to get too far off topic, but can you help me with a download reset request?  Been waiting for a reply to my ticket for weeks without luck, thanks!

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 3:38 AM, Litjan said:

And further improvements are inbound with the next patch (1.1)...

Ended up buying the bird, look forward to the update, thanks!

And, for what it's worth, no stuttering I've seen yet.  Awesome plane.

29 minutes ago, be77solo said:

Hey Cameron, not to get too far off topic, but can you help me with a download reset request?  Been waiting for a reply to my ticket for weeks without luck, thanks!

The only ticket I have in the system from you is dated Feb of 2015. Can you provide a ticket number to prove otherwise? If not, I've got nothing to reply to for you, and you need to write an e-mail to support@x-aviation.com

9 minutes ago, Cameron said:

The only ticket I have in the system from you is dated Feb of 2015. Can you provide a ticket number to prove otherwise? If not, I've got nothing to reply to for you, and you need to write an e-mail to support@x-aviation.com

Thanks for replying.  Must be something going on with the X-Aviation ticket system, as I submitted it via the "Request Reset" link about 3-4 weeks ago.  I filled out the form after trying to download two previous plane purchases on your website that had expired but haven't heard anything for weeks.  Might be why I see other complaints on other boards for the same reason, which is unfortunate.  Any ticket reply didn't go to spam, but I simply never got a ticket number or any response at all and based on your instructions to not re-apply, have been waiting.  Sounds like you never got my request however.

My request was for new downloads for the Jetstream 32 (Order Number: 9326) and the MU-2 (Order Number: 15210) as I unfortunately had a HDD failure last year and was now getting back into X-Plane finally again.

Have since bought the Saab 340 and IXEG 737, love them both, but have been discouraged with the lack of response to my request from X-Aviation, so glad to see it might have just been a tech glitch.

1 minute ago, be77solo said:

Must be something going on with the X-Aviation ticket system, as I submitted it via the "Request Reset" link about 3-4 weeks ago.

Not likely anything wrong with the ticket system. More likely something wrong with your e-mail provider of choice. Trust me, we get plenty of tickets daily.

2 minutes ago, be77solo said:

Might be why I see other complaints on other boards for the same reason, which is unfortunate.

90% of these cases are people caught stealing software. Their immediate reaction is to trash talk. I do not partake or engage these individuals, though after their lame posting habits they usually come back apologizing behind the scenes for their behavior.

You need a ticket number. Again, send an e-mail to support@x-aviation.com

1 minute ago, Cameron said:

Not likely anything wrong with the ticket system. More likely something wrong with your e-mail provider of choice. Trust me, we get plenty of tickets daily.

90% of these cases are people caught stealing software. Their immediate reaction is to trash talk. I do not partake or engage these individuals, though after their lame posting habits they usually come back apologizing behind the scenes for their behavior.

You need a ticket number. Again, send an e-mail to support@x-aviation.com

Simple two thoughts on this response, and I do mean them with respect.

My email provider is Yahoo, have used it for almost two decades happily, and always get important emails, not to mention I monitor my spam folder regularly.  Plus, on top of that, you apparently did not even receive my "reset request" in the first place via the support page that I was linked to while logged into X-Aviation.com that I filled out and submitted:

http://www.x-aviation.com/catalog/contact_us.php

My email is fine for purchases, receipts of purchases from your site, and I get all your emails, even the ones advertising SMPv4 coming soon, now released etc, and then when I need support, it's my email provider at fault and couldn't possibly be your site that might have a problem?

I really like your site and products, but I went through the proper channels and they did not work.  You yourself can see I'm not a pirate based on my purchases, so obviously there is a problem at some point in the chain.  I know others on avsim (and even support you over there) that have similar complaints (no, not that obsessive guy lol).  All I'm saying is it would probably be worth your time to figure out why when we click "reset request" and then get linked to the form above, you don't get our tickets and we never get a reply.

5 minutes ago, be77solo said:

My email is fine for purchases, receipts of purchases from your site, and I get all your emails, even the ones advertising SMPv4 coming soon, now released etc, and then when I need support, it's my email provider at fault and couldn't possibly be your site that might have a problem?

Each one of these systems you are speaking of (orders, newsletters, and even support) operate on separate servers and systems. E-mail is not a "toy" to service providers like Yahoo, and because of spam laws some can be overzealous. The support system uses an extra verification step. It is very likely that Yahoo is blocking you from even receiving the reply back from the system, so yes, this would be a service provider side issue.

5 minutes ago, be77solo said:

All I'm saying is it would probably be worth your time to figure out why when we click "reset request" and then get linked to the form above, you don't get our tickets and we never get a reply.

You seem to be having trouble reading or understanding. I'm going to go with the latter. Considering we get thousands of support tickets in a week from people using the form, I'm going to, again, maintain what I've already said with regards to your situation.

I am certainly not interested in a back and forth with you. You've now been told TWICE in this very thread, minutes apart, what to do to receive support. The next move is yours. If you want to argue or debate...go elsewhere.

41 minutes ago, Cameron said:

Each one of these systems you are speaking of (orders, newsletters, and even support) operate on separate servers and systems. E-mail is not a "toy" to service providers like Yahoo, and because of spam laws some can be overzealous. The support system uses an extra verification step. It is very likely that Yahoo is blocking you from even receiving the reply back from the system, so yes, this would be a service provider side issue.

You seem to be having trouble reading or understanding. I'm going to go with the latter. Considering we get thousands of support tickets in a week from people using the form, I'm going to, again, maintain what I've already said with regards to your situation.

I am certainly not interested in a back and forth with you. You've now been told TWICE in this very thread, minutes apart, what to do to receive support. The next move is yours. If you want to argue or debate...go elsewhere.

I thought this was a discussion forum for paying customers of this platform, appears it is not.  Apologies for the bother Cameron.

1 hour ago, be77solo said:

I thought this was a discussion forum for paying customers of this platform, appears it is not.

The attempt to be dramatic is not appreciated. It most certainly is a place for customers.

The issue is your desire to try to debate rather than get the help you are apparently seeking. Even still there's no ticket for you, and that's after being told twice hours ago how to accomplish it. Instead you've continued making posts that get neither of us anywhere in the meantime.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I just bought the IXEG 737, and I have a problem, when I put the route in the fmc, every 'click' freeze my simulator for 10-50 seconds, this only occurs when I start to set the route, before, for example the perf, the fmc goes perfect.

I have tried to make and exception in my firewall, but the problem persist.

If somebody can help me I will be so grateful. It's take a lot to me save the money to buy this pretty aircraft, and now I'm a bit scared that the aircraft don't work fine to me[emoji24] [emoji24]

Sorry if my english is to bad, I'm from Spain.

If this can help I have Xplane installed on a external storage an the plane to.

Pc specs:

Cpu: Intel core i7 3770k

Gpu: Nvidia GTX 970

Ram: 16 Gb

First of all thanks

Enviado desde mi EVA-L09 mediante Tapatalk

Hola, buenos dias,

I am almost positive that you are running into the windows defender/antivirus problem. Make sure that you disable ALL antivirus checking (also the built-in windows defender) for the WHOLE X-Plane folder (not only for the IXEG aircraft folder). There is a lot of database accessing while the route in the FMS is in the MODIFIED (not EXECuted) state, and an antivirus program will try to check all the data going back and forth - this makes the process so slow. You can obviously run virus checks on the X-Plane folder whenever you want, just not when running the FMS.

Cheers, Jan

Hola, buenos dias,

I am almost positive that you are running into the windows defender/antivirus problem. Make sure that you disable ALL antivirus checking (also the built-in windows defender) for the WHOLE X-Plane folder (not only for the IXEG aircraft folder). There is a lot of database accessing while the route in the FMS is in the MODIFIED (not EXECuted) state, and an antivirus program will try to check all the data going back and forth - this makes the process so slow. You can obviously run virus checks on the X-Plane folder whenever you want, just not when running the FMS.

Cheers, Jan

Hi again Litjan, I disable all the antivirus, Windows Defender and firewalls for the whole X-Plane folder, and the problem persist, as I say before, the problem cames only with I touch anything from the route, including SIDs and STARs. Iread another users with similar problem, but they say that the frame-rate drops a lot, in my case the frame-rate indicator don't drop, he just freeze. Thanks a lot for the answer.

Ah, I just read that you installed the plane on an external storage device - sorry for not reading this more carefully before.

This will certainly be the problem - the access to an external storage is probably too slow to handle the data transfer during FMS database access. Or the external storage is even going to "sleep" when not being used, so it needs to wake up and spin up whenever a data request happens...

X-Plane and the airplanes for it need to be installed on an internal hard disk, I think.

Cheers, Jan

Edited by Litjan

5 hours ago, pablo.alcaniz said:

Hi again Litjan, I disable all the antivirus, Windows Defender and firewalls for the whole X-Plane folder, and the problem persist, as I say before, the problem cames only with I touch anything from the route, including SIDs and STARs. Iread another users with similar problem, but they say that the frame-rate drops a lot, in my case the frame-rate indicator don't drop, he just freeze. Thanks a lot for the answer.

What external hard drive are you using and are you using USB 3.0 or 2.0? A slow hard drive can cause stutters and freezers. 

Ah, I just read that you installed the plane on an external storage device - sorry for not reading this more carefully before.

This will certainly be the problem - the access to an external storage is probably too slow to handle the data transfer during FMS database access. Or the external storage is even going to "sleep" when not being used, so it needs to wake up and spin up whenever a data request happens...

X-Plane and the airplanes for it need to be installed on an internal hard disk, I think.

Cheers, Jan

Ok, I'm going to reinstall all in a internal storage and then I will tell you how it was.

Thanks a lot.

Enviado desde mi EVA-L09 mediante Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

Hello everybody,

I just purchased the IXEG 737Cl V1.1 along with Skymaxx Pro V4 and real weather connector. With my usual settings all the aircrafts even heavy ressources consuming ones run very smoothly but with this one I get this annoying stutters every 1-2 seconds (from 59 to 61 FPS) as I locked my FPS to match my monitor refresh rate in X-plane 10.51 settings.

The only way that resolve the problem is to set the V-sync to half refresh rate (30 FPS) but it's not as smooth as the other payware I have (Jardesign, flightfactor, SSG, Carenado)

This happen even on ground cold and dark and with engines running (more time between fps fluctuations when everything is off) so I assume is what is explained in this thread about complex aircraft calculations. Is there anything new on this issue ? because I would love to fly this beauty smoothly as I do with my other payware aircrafts.

I tried disabling all plugins and custom sceneries but nothing change. And after spending more than 70 bucks on it i'm a bit disappointed I must say.

My specs :

Intel i7 6700K OC to 4.5Ghz

Titan X SLI x2

64gb ram

SSD

X-Plane 10.51

Monitor : Predator x34

Thanks in advance for your help and for this beautiful aircraft.

Best,

B

Edited by Basilem84

8 hours ago, Basilem84 said:

Hello everybody,

I just purchased the IXEG 737Cl V1.1 along with Skymaxx Pro V4 and real weather connector. With my usual settings all the aircrafts even heavy ressources consuming ones run very smoothly but with this one I get this annoying stutters every 1-2 seconds (from 59 to 61 FPS) as I locked my FPS to match my monitor refresh rate in X-plane 10.51 settings.

The only way that resolve the problem is to set the V-sync to half refresh rate (30 FPS) but it's not as smooth as the other payware I have (Jardesign, flightfactor, SSG, Carenado)

This happen even on ground cold and dark and with engines running (more time between fps fluctuations when everything is off) so I assume is what is explained in this thread about complex aircraft calculations. Is there anything new on this issue ? because I would love to fly this beauty smoothly as I do with my other payware aircrafts.

I tried disabling all plugins and custom sceneries but nothing change. And after spending more than 70 bucks on it i'm a bit disappointed I must say.

My specs :

Intel i7 6700K OC to 4.5Ghz

Titan X SLI x2

64gb ram

SSD

X-Plane 10.51

Monitor : Predator x34

Thanks in advance for your help and for this beautiful aircraft.

Best,

B

I'm aware of the issue and working on a patch.

Thanks for reporting.

• Litjan unpinned this topic