SMP 4, Realweather and XP11 - a stunning combination!

shreddersa

Hiya's,

To add to donoscar,

My fps seems either the same or actually better as a whole

I realised once i got xp10 last year it's a beast for cpu processing power, though not quite so much on the gpu side of things except the vram amount, the vram is still crucial in xp, hence i did a pretty hefty hw upgrade, and will do again once nvidia/intel release what i want

From some observations i came to two conclusions from decmber last to the present day

A lot of users haven't got the rig setup to run anywhere near what they're expecting to achieve, then they get annoyed, like all of us i guess i'd love to totally max xp out and be done with it, sometime next year i hope ! who knows, but really when i see people trying to run a very low to mid end rig with so much eye-candy i kinda cringe, i know money is tight for most of us, at this moment life's good for me and after so many years slugging along on an average machine that did great for previous sims/games i loved, i knew the time had come to save and pay for what i feel is something i'll stick with for a long time

Secondly, and obviously more recently, what some were getting settings-wise in v3 they expected in v4, but neglected to realise the cloud slider now doubles the rendering distance

So in reality it's pumping a lot more data than before on what some percieve as the same settings

So ert11` for me i do get better fps the majority of the time, and really thinking about it as i type now, i get nowhere near the lows i used to and i'm running double the cloud draw radius

Also here's something that may interest you, i finally got to grips with making ortho, with that, you get a fps boost, i'm no coder so what i think is happening is this ............

Instead of xp having to process it's ortho, it's taking ready made ortho so this cuts down xp's processing needs for ortho, hence a fps boost, like everything though there's an equal and opposite, with ortho as you raise the zoom for crispness view-wise, the hdd space you need is astoundingly large lol

Have Fun

Peace

Tony

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Hiya,

Start off here ......... i will be blunt but you should see what settings i mean off top of my head

HDR = High

Maximum (no compression)

AA 4x (1 click left from maxed right (16x i think max is or 8x) but 4x is fine for me, max drops fps drastic

World objects = High

Draw shadows off, and for me though it only costs a few fps i leave Draw parked aircraft Off

Those are my settings for zl17 land ortho with airfields getting the 3km radius zl18 treatment lol, plus numerous sceneries n libraries etc etc

Tony

Edit : I use Heathrow and the NY area to test settings, also Tokyo can tax a system good too, once i get frames i can live with those areas, i leave well alone, But ... you could max most out in lesser populated areas on the fly so to speak (overdo this though and xp will vapourize into nothing and you'll be back at desktop lol

Edited by Defiance_co
added text