Help: SkyMaxx 4 Nukes XP11 Menu Bar Access

HamSammich

>====>Preface, because Cameron thinks I've got an axe to grind: It's a MUCH improved program visually, and performance appears good. Also, I do understand it's a Day One release running on a beta platform.

That said. . .Simple but fatal problem: The SkyMaxx and/or RWC plugin makes accessing the top menu bar impossible. Symptoms are repeatable and go away when SilverLining and RWC folders are removed from resources/plugins. They return when this is reversed.

Accessing SkyMaxx's config window sets it off. Once it is opened and closed or, sometimes opened and "apply" is invoked, the menu bar becomes inaccessible. Neither moving the mouse to the top nor hitting the ESC or ALT key brings it back. It also corrupts the 3D panels of some, but not all, planes, turning some of the parts white.

Rebooting Gizmo doesn't help. Nor does rebooting SASL. Again, this is totally repeatable and reversible.

And, again, clashes with the personnel, notwithstanding, the product looks significantly improved. I have a video on this. I'm holding off posting it until you guys have a cance to diagnose and fix the problem.

Best,

Marshall

MAXX_METAR.rwx

GizmoLog.txt

Log.txt

Marshall,

I've seen similar reports from folks on social media using XP 11 with products non-associated. I'm sure @sundog will look into this, but none of us, or our beta team for that matter, found this issue, and I'm going to take a long shot of a guess here and say my bet is Laminar will wind up being the one to fix this.

That said, it won't go unchecked.

Appreciate it. For my part, I'll keep yanking plugins to see if there's a culprit there that's toxic in combo with SMP/RWC. A shame. Overcast from above, with the HD puffs is finally looking very plausible. And good.

Pass onto Frank, though, that his choice of avoiding layer collisions by making ground fog "retreat" near low-dipping clouds seems somewhat more artfully hidden, but not much. IMO the visual oddities of such "collisions" are still preferable to the visual oddities of fog "retreating" or "advancing" as you climb or descend. One jars a little. The other makes shooting instrument approaches unfaithful to RW.

Best,

Marshall

This is indeed a bug in the X-Plane 11 beta. We filed a bug report during development.

I've found that if you re-size the X-Plane window, it clears it up.

I haven't actually noticed this happening myself while using X-Plane 11 pb2, so if you haven't updated to pb2 yet you should.

• Upvote 1

Mashall, Cameron and all other......

I had the problem with no access to the top menu bar bevor installing SMP4/RWC  too....(Carenado B200, IXEG and Aerobask Epic 1000).

My workaround was:

- make sure, XP11 is running in full screen simulator mode (Graphics > Monitor Conf.)

- start the engines and switch on avionics, without avionics - no menu bar (Carenado and Aerobask)

After that I have again access to the top menu bar. As long as I don't shut down XP11, I can change the a/c, AD or what ever, the menu bar is always access able.

May be that helps. As a subscriber I would like to see more vid's from Marshall - with SMP4 !!!!

And a remark to SMP4: Not really tested yet, but the performance is a question mark for me. Same scenery, same weather, different a/c - from 5 fps to 10 fps loss in regard to XP11 as it come's out of the box. Have to test it with XP10 and don't misunderstand, it's not a complaint.

Best regards

Forgot to mention....opposite to sundog I had this problem with the menu bar from the first Beta XP 11 on and PB2 didn't change anything to me. Thai would say same same.....

Re-size the window did not help for me either.

Specs: Windows 10 / NVidia 1080 / 3.5 GHz CPU / 16 GB RAM 

1 hour ago, sundog said:

Just to reiterate, this is an issue with X-Plane 11, not SMP/RWC. Laminar has worked with us to reproduce the issue and I'd expect it to be addressed in a future beta of XP11.

I've noticed this exclusively with the ixeg 737. What I do, I invoke the map (press m on keyboard), then my cursor will bring up the menu bar when I get close with the mouse.  If nothing happens, slide the map a lil lower, try again.  Another go around, my mouse detects the menu items on the left despite no graphic. I click and bingo, I have either the plane or the settings or the map again (lol)...

Haven't noticed this prob with any other plane.

On 12/18/2016 at 1:13 AM, Cameron said:

Marshall,

I've seen similar reports from folks on social media using XP 11 with products non-associated. I'm sure @sundog will look into this, but none of us, or our beta team for that matter, found this issue, and I'm going to take a long shot of a guess here and say my bet is Laminar will wind up being the one to fix this.

That said, it won't go unchecked.

I had this issue also, but not related to xaviation products,    something with laminar, i made a bug report.  for me for example, if a plane crashes sometimes, i cant access the menu bar

• 3 weeks later...