SoundMaxx XP11

hjsmuc

6 hours ago, boeingornotgoing said:

works for me, no issue

19 hours ago, hjsmuc said:

Quick question: Any experiences yet with SoundMaxx in XP11? Working, good, bad, anything?

I like it a lot but not hearing birds and all that just the background sound of being at a large airport even though I try it at a rural airport 

• 3 weeks later...

You'll only hear it if a cumulonimbus cloud is nearby. Can you see a thunderhead near your plane?

EDIT: I did indeed find a bug where some lightning from thunderstorms created by SMP3 or SMP4 would not get sent to SoundMaxx. Watch for SoundMaxx 1.01 soon to fix this.

Edited by sundog

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, Toninomex said:

It wont modify your default aircraft crap sounds

It does, but only for default aircraft that don't have special, upgraded sound effects in place from Laminar. For example, the F-4 and SR-71 will be affected by SoundMaxx in XP11, but not the MD80 or 737.

• 2 years later...
On 12/26/2016 at 9:34 PM, sundog said:

You'll only hear it if a cumulonimbus cloud is nearby. Can you see a thunderhead near your plane?

EDIT: I did indeed find a bug where some lightning from thunderstorms created by SMP3 or SMP4 would not get sent to SoundMaxx. Watch for SoundMaxx 1.01 soon to fix this.

Hi @sundog,

Just wondering if there is time on your schedule to have a look into this? I seem to be having the same issue with no Thunder sounds...

Aside from that its a great plugin

48 minutes ago, Twotonemurphy said:

Hi @sundog,

Just wondering if there is time on your schedule to have a look into this? I seem to be having the same issue with no Thunder sounds...

Aside from that its a great plugin

Hm... it should work. If you can attach your log.txt file it might tell me something.

Edited by sundog

3 hours ago, Twotonemurphy said:

Thanks @sundog

Log attached

Log.txt

Well, thunder *should* be working for you. My guess is that there weren't any actual cumulonimbus clouds nearby to generate it. I'll do some tests here to make sure it's working as it should.

EDIT:

Just tested it and it definitely works - had a lightning strike right next to plane and I almost jumped out of my seat from the loud thunderclap! Try going to a location with known tropical thunderstorms using https://www.badbadweather.com/thunderstorm-world/ - I was just testing at SKUI in Columbia which has some nasty storms right now.

Failing that, the only explanation I have is that your third-party C172 might be overriding some of our sounds with its own. You might want to try with a default aircraft to see if that's it.

Edited by sundog
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sundog said:

Well, thunder *should* be working for you. My guess is that there weren't any actual cumulonimbus clouds nearby to generate it. I'll do some tests here to make sure it's working as it should.

EDIT:

Just tested it and it definitely works - had a lightning strike right next to plane and I almost jumped out of my seat from the loud thunderclap! Try going to a location with known tropical thunderstorms using https://www.badbadweather.com/thunderstorm-world/ - I was just testing at SKUI in Columbia which has some nasty storms right now.

Failing that, the only explanation I have is that your third-party C172 might be overriding some of our sounds with its own. You might want to try with a default aircraft to see if that's it. 

Worked a charm! Thanks very much. Your thunder sounds are awesome!