[BUG] Pulling right engine fire handle causes complete loss of control over the aircraft

Althar93

Hello,

I seem to be experiencing a recurring issue with engines failing/catching fire (my two first IVAO flights with this Aircraft in a row now after a few flights locally with absolutely no problems) - for now I will attribute this to my inability to properly operate the aircraft.

That being said this is also the second time I have experienced the same somewhat annoying bug, specifically, the repro is :

1. Right engine fire
  2. Pull the right engine fire handle
  3. Causes the Gizmo log to print out the following error : error: 2218.238: RunLuaFunction(xp): main: [string "JGX.1.Saab.00.lua.aes"]:8357: dref.setInt: Expected two arguments.
  4. Following this, power levers & conditioner levers remain stuck in place & become unresponsive to either the Joystick input, Keyboard and/or mouse
  5. The remaining engine cannot be turned off & will keep delivering the same amount of power that was showing on the dials at the time of pulling the lever.

I was thankfully able to turn back to the airport (this was shortly after take off at 2500ft AGL in the initial climb), land & slam the brakes to kill off the 185kt of thrust still produced by the left engine which I was not able to power down and/or turn off.

I will make sure to check next time - I was very careful with the engines : 

My settings were as follows :

1. CTOT set to 100% (so reduced from the prescribed 108%) & disabled before initiating the climb
  2. Low climb mode

Odd thing is that I am currently running a test flying session offline just pummeling the engine (max power, max conditioner lever, CTOT to 110% during takeoff), with temperatures way above 971 for both engine. This test has been running for well over 30 minutes now, yet the engines haven't melted down yet...

I want to believe I did something wrong twice in my two online flights but I can't really get my head around why when being careful things go wrong & when being wreckless & pushing the engines, all goes well...

Thanks for the info, I will patiently wait for the next update to what is already a phenomenal piece of software.

As for the failures, I do quite enjoy them and the fact they keep me on my toes & require me to practice emergency procedures for when it does happen. Funnily enough, I tend to react to bugs in the same way I would to genuine failures.

I might have to video record/capture the flight next time round in case I need to go back & see where & when I went wrong. I have not seen any IVAO/X-IVAP/SAAB related conflicts/issues mentioned on the web and/or in this forum so it is unlikely there is any correlation but the fact that I was supposedly operating within the standard flight operations makes me skeptical. So far, I must have flown 10/20 flights offline since I bought the aircraft with no issues, whereas the only 2 online/IVAO flights I attempted have resulted in engine fires only a few minutes after takeoff (roughly in the same place & time)

As for my previous "stress-test", I kept the sim running for an extra 20 minutes or so (so about 40-50 minutes of deliberate engine stress), flying straight at 2500ft AGL with max power, max condition levers, engine temperatures above 980, torque & all dials in the red & beyond for the whole duration but nothing caught fire...

• 4 months later...

I have the same problem: when flying online/IVAO some time after takeoff burn one or both engines. I have disabled the failures in X-plane, but every fly online/IVAO i have a troubles with engines & equipment. For example, the engines can burns at any time and any conditions:  when my aircraft at FL200 at 50% torque, when descend at 30% torque, etc. It is impossible to me to understand when and why engines burn. Please help, what could be the reason? 

Edited by Dayler

23 hours ago, Dayler said:

I have the same problem: when flying online/IVAO some time after takeoff burn one or both engines. I have disabled the failures in X-plane, but every fly online/IVAO i have a troubles with engines & equipment. For example, the engines can burns at any time and any conditions:  when my aircraft at FL200 at 50% torque, when descend at 30% torque, etc. It is impossible to me to understand when and why engines burn. Please help, what could be the reason? 

XP11 or XP10?

11 hours ago, JGregory said:

Dayler,

Please post you log.txt file here so we can take a look at it.

Sorry for my posts, yesterday i found that the engines burns other aircrafts too. So this is the problem with my XPL/plugins, not your aircraft. I'll try to find out what the problem is and write here. Sorry again :)

Edited by Dayler