vSpeed callouts for IXEG 733 - LUA Script

Tom Stian

4 minutes ago, 737NUT said:

File attached

FlyWithLua_Debug.txt

Thanks. You are using an old version of FlyWithLua.

You should upgrade to the latest.

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/17468-flywithlua-for-xp9-and-xp10/

If you have problems starting FlyWithLua after the upgrade, check out this
http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/110984-flywithlua-broken-with-11-beta-2/

Just now, 737NUT said:

Ok, got the latest vs for xp11, 80kts call out worked, nothing else.   Getting closer :)

Great :)

Did you set the bugs correctly ? 

How to use:
This is how I use the bugs. It may not be correct compared to real procedures.

The required bugs you need to set for the call out to work is Bug_2 to V1 speed, Bug_3 to Vr speed, and set the MCP speed to V2 (if you use V2 callout).
You can set the other bugs to whatever you prefere.

Z5Etn0R.png

1 hour ago, aeroguitarist said:

Cool work Tom!

I look forward to trying this out on the Beta next week.

Just an FYI from the line, the Top Bug is used for the "Flaps up manoeuvring speed" (or aka minimum clean speed) and should be set to 220 knots if the TOM is grater than 53,070 Kgs and 210 kts if is it below 53,070 Kgs.

Thanks for the information.

I personally set the top bug to the minimum clean speed, but dident have the weights for 210kt and 220kts, so thanks. Will update my instructions. :)

Just now, Casmatos said:

Hello Tom.

My question is about, what utility do you have when using the "bug" on this plane .... If I do not use the bug (v-speed), do I have problems with my flight?

You don't need to use this script at all. Your aircraft will work perfectly fine without it.

Many people missed V1, Vr and V2 callout for this aircraft, so that is the reason I made it.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

struggling to get this working in X planes 11 - I tweaked the script to enabled as required (V2 ect...)and change all the white bugs as requested (couldn't seem to change the orange one can't get it to move - but seems to change position each flight I start?)but don't seem to be getting the call outs - also when I am at the end of a run way is there anyway to find out if the script is running (except by hearing the call outs) - all my other apps that use the LUA seem to appear in the plugin menu?and can be enabled/disabled - this one I am seeing nothing in the drop down menus (but can see from the debug file there are some references to it) - any ideas?

Update : have just read this callout script might not work with XPrealisitic - can anyone confirm if this is correct?

Edited by mac2

16 hours ago, mac2 said:

struggling to get this working in X planes 11 - I tweaked the script to enabled as required (V2 ect...)and change all the white bugs as requested (couldn't seem to change the orange one can't get it to move - but seems to change position each flight I start?)but don't seem to be getting the call outs - also when I am at the end of a run way is there anyway to find out if the script is running (except by hearing the call outs) - all my other apps that use the LUA seem to appear in the plugin menu?and can be enabled/disabled - this one I am seeing nothing in the drop down menus (but can see from the debug file there are some references to it) - any ideas?

Update : have just read this callout script might not work with XPrealisitic - can anyone confirm if this is correct?

I dont have time to test this today i think. Maybe tomorrow. 

Is all working well without XPrealistic ?

Is it XPrealistic lite or Pro ?

36 minutes ago, mac2 said:

tom thanks for the reply - and its the paid version (pro I think) - and its definitely a clash with XPrealistic

as I removed all the XPrealistic files from the LUA script folder and all the calls worked...........

Thanks for testing this. 

Its hard for me to investigate this since I dont have XPrealistic , bit will try to contact the author behind the XPrealistic plugin. 

1 hour ago, mac2 said:

tom thanks for the reply - and its the paid version (pro I think) - and its definitely a clash with XPrealistic

as I removed all the XPrealistic files from the LUA script folder and all the calls worked...........

I sendt you a personal message with a test version. Check it out.

Got some ideas of things that may be conflicting.

Edited by Tom Stian

I have just updated this script to v0.111

v0.111
- Made variables and datarefs unique to avoid conflicts with other lua scripts.

This wont solve the issue with XPRealistic Pro. XPRealistic Pro is conflicting with all other lua scripts that using sounds.

But there is a workaround for it.
Upgrade XPRealistic to the latest version and check the manual for the workaround.
http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/forum/334-xprealistic-pro/

• 11 months later...

Tom,
maybe this has nothing to do with your wonderful script, but I am experiencing an annoying problem: when the voice files of your calls are played all other playing sounds (engine, wind, trim etc etc) are suddenly lowered in volume level in an unnatural way. After vspeed call is played the volume of all other sound need some time to come back to original volume level.
How can I eliminate this?
I would like to have all sounds and calls played at the same volume level.
Thanks in advance for any help or hints!

7 hours ago, fabiosko said:

Tom,
maybe this has nothing to do with your wonderful script, but I am experiencing an annoying problem: when the voice files of your calls are played all other playing sounds (engine, wind, trim etc etc) are suddenly lowered in volume level in an unnatural way. After vspeed call is played the volume of all other sound need some time to come back to original volume level.
How can I eliminate this?
I would like to have all sounds and calls played at the same volume level.
Thanks in advance for any help or hints!

That was strange, I havent noticed this my self.

What OS are you running ? 
X-Plane version?
IXEG version?
FlyWithLua version?

1 minute ago, fabiosko said:

W7Pro64 IXEG 1.21 FWL2.6.7 XP11.20
but i think problem was in my Sound setting: communications was setted "reduce other sound by 80%", now is "do nothing" and it works better!
thanks

Great to hear.. Thanks for the feedback :)

• 1 year later...