Sign in to follow this  
danhami

MU-2 9.30b7 Patch Thoughts

So i downloaded the new patch for the MU2..MUCH better as far as flying performance. the roll issue IS solved...i'm very happy about that. it was a little rediculous. So...new problem:

When i click on "Ctrl O" to get the mouse view i guess you would call it...( basically so you can look around via the mouse.) the mouse automatically goes to the top of the screen, thus i can only see down and too the sides. I cannot view the overhead panel! the views with the original MU2 were great! I don't like the changes in the view with the new patch...does anyone concur with this problem?? or am i the only one??? Help me out here people.

one other small issue...the engines "temp out" at way too low of an altitude....but thats minor.

basically i'm unhappy with the changes to the views on the patch. it is me?? or is this across the board???

Dan,

There were absolutely no changes made to any views or viewpoint. The 3D CTRL+O view is a native X-Plane feature that is based on mouse position prior to pressing CTROL+O. Try centering your mouse to the center of the screen and see what happens here.

hhmmm..weird. I did try centering the mouse. even if i do that, when i hit CTRL O the mouse goes directly to the top of the screen...

thoughts?? did i install the patch wrong??

danhami...you didn't install the wrong patch because there's only one.  camera views are the responsibility of x-plane.  I recommend you submit a report to laminar research giving your system specs, x-plane version, video card info, hardware info and whether or not it's just the MU-2.  There's nothing we can do on this end to fix your issue.  I myself haven't seen this phenomenon.

Problem solved. I actually completely re-loaded Xplane. did all the updates, then re-loaded the Duce. that patch worked wonders! i know there are other things to work out, but great progress!!! Thanks to everyone on the MU2 crew.

;D

Not sure if a new thread would be enough for my issue so i hijack this one :)

Is it just me, or did you all notice too, that the viewing point has changed in 9.3? I can't see nearly so much of the cockpit like i'm able in 9.22.

When you zoom out (and you have to, or you can't even see the course an the HSI) then you reach the seats very soon. In 9.22 you don't even need to zoom since you already see the whole cockpit.

Any suggestions about that?

Nova, has your field of view changed? Check that. And if you have a problem, please post a topic. No reason to bump others topics.

Happy landings - Jason

Nova, has your field of view changed? Check that. And if you have a problem, please post a topic. No reason to bump others topics.

Happy landings - Jason

Jason,

It is recommended that one keeps topics to a minimum if another topic with a similar subject is already in place. This helps to prevent confusion for those using the forum search function down the line, and keeps things organized.

Please do not create new topics if the topic isn't "new." :)

XP

I've noticed this..yes the view has changed somehow and the settings are not as "clear" as I'd like.  I'll have to experiment a bit to get the right settings.  The final version should be adjusted accordingly.