SkyMaxx Pro v4 Previews - December 3rd, 2016!

Cameron

May I please ask why my response got deleted without notice or answer?

Because trying to spark debate that late after the posts you were quoting, especially in this topic, have no place.

We can do without the riff raff for now.

You can certainly talk to people on PM if you need to get something off your chest.

Sorry to ask but as a user of X-plane 11 already, are there any plans to update the current version of SkyMaxx-pro to work with it? It looks fantastic in 10.51, but in 11, with the dark cloud edges it looks weird... I know V4 is coming out, but I do think the current version should be made workable, too... Any thoughts?

Don't forget a lot of stuff in XP11 is still a beta so rendering by LR is likely to change.

There were things that looked odd in XP10 and it was due to the way LR created the shading in XP10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys,

love this screenshots so much - can't wait until release.

thought short time about xEnviro, but they use their own METAR source and other addons for weather injection don't work and one relay on their servers to be available - I don't like it.

the screens are looking promising in case of true overcast representation. This is besides the short distance view the biggest drawback so far on SMP. Overcast (without using this 2D layer) in RWC combination looks always like a cheese with big big holes from top view. Hope this is going better.

And - WHEN will the update arrives? :) Can't wait - don't know if I said this before :).

Best and thx,

Michael

18 hours ago, WR269 said:

Don't forget a lot of stuff in XP11 is still a beta so rendering by LR is likely to change.

There were things that looked odd in XP10 and it was due to the way LR created the shading in XP10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi WR269,

That makes perfect sense. So, let me rephrase it: can we expect an update AFTER XP11 is out of beta and things are not expected to change anymore?

Thanks

Hi WR269,

That makes perfect sense. So, let me rephrase it: can we expect an update AFTER XP11 is out of beta and things are not expected to change anymore?

Thanks

Just to be clear, we don't know what Laminar has in store with changes in 11, but what I can tell you is we will no longer be updating the code to v3 of SkyMaxx.

The last flight simulator I had the showed the rain drops on the windscreens was FS 2004. Hope it can to added to SMP v4 in the future. It was so neat to sit in the aircraft and have the rain drops collect on the windows and then turn on the wipers while you are doing your pre-flight checks. Microsoft for some reason deleted this from FSX. Wish XP 10 and 11 had the 3D rain drops.

The last flight simulator I had the showed the rain drops on the windscreens was FS 2004. Hope it can to added to SMP v4 in the future. It was so neat to sit in the aircraft and have the rain drops collect on the windows and then turn on the wipers while you are doing your pre-flight checks. Microsoft for some reason deleted this from FSX. Wish XP 10 and 11 had the 3D rain drops.

It's primarily up to the aircraft developers to do this effect, actually. Just how the X-Plane model works.