POLL: VNAV use

Morten

VNAV use  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Do you normally use VNAV during climb?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you normally use VNAV during descent?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Do you normally use VNAV during approach?

• Yes
    • No

9 hours ago, theraygan said:

I hope that this poll is independent of the modelling of the IXEG and is not a way to get an excuse to not model a VNAV.

It is not, don´t worry.

We are just trying to give an insight into why we as developers are a bit surprised about the fascination with and the desire for a perfectly working VNAV. Coming from a real airliner pilot´s perspective it was suprising for me.

From an economical point of view (factoring in development time and return of investment) we felt that it was a less critical item than some other things. But I personally have learned a lot about the different needs of simmers and pilots in the course of the release of this plane (wingflex, passenger window view, cough :lol:).

I think the fascination our plane holds on many people comes from the fact that it was closely modeled along the experience that a real 737 pilot would have when flying a real 737-300. For those not interested so much in that we will continue to flesh out the experience with adding a more profound VNAV/FMS modeling and secondary 3D/texture work in the future.

I am not saying that the real 737 does not have good (I am not saying perfect, mind you) VNAV, and it certainly has a passenger wing view and wingflex. It was just a matter of priorities, but we aspire to go the whole 9 yards, eventually.

Jan

• Upvote 3