Morten

[UNCONFIRMED] XP v11 issues, report here

List of POSSIBLE issues so far we will look into, some confirmed some not.  Please report below if you find stuff that used to work in v10 that doesnt in v11

- Gizmo error on startup.  Error Gizmo window to far up to close. (Temp fix, change XP menu text size and you’ll be able to close)

- APU doesn’t work. (Temp fix, the APU can be activated in xp11 via Planemaker (standard-systems-electric))

- Possible menu issues when changing view

- Gear possibly pops up automatically after takeoff (Marshall video)

- Control sensitivity might have changed a bit, new recommended settings?

- Annunciators a bit too dark, reflectivity of stick checklist too high

Edited by Morten

• Autothrottle not working well - undershoots powersettings and hunts back and forth.
  • New ground vehicles not going to correct locations (GPU, Fuel, Crew car) or not servicing at all (Catering, Belt Loader, Baggage train)
  • Needs icon (.png) and correct categorization/naming for new GUI (type = Airliner, Manufacturer = Boeing, etc.)
  • Autobrake disarming by itself after liftoff

• Upvote 1

Public beta 1:
- For me the altitude callouts are very low. Cant hear them very well.
- BAT switch needs to be ON to access the X-Plane menu.
- Steering tiller is very sensitive (as Morten also pointed out with possible controller sensitivity change)

Public beta 2:
- Auto Brake does not seems to work on landing (fixed in PB3)

Public beta 3:

Edited by Tom Stian
  • Upvote 1

Public beta 2:

FMC script crashed upon pressing NEXT PAGE button in TAKE OFF screen, After that both buttons NEXT PAGE and PREV PAGE stop working in any menu selection 

8 minutes ago, sdflyer said:

Public beta 2:

FMC script crashed upon pressing NEXT PAGE button in TAKE OFF screen, After that both buttons NEXT PAGE and PREV PAGE stop working in any menu selection 

I dont think this is related to XP11. This can happend if you dont have takeoff runway selected. Can you confirm that ?

6 hours ago, Tom Stian said:

I dont think this is related to XP11. This can happend if you dont have takeoff runway selected. Can you confirm that ?

Yes it appear to be so. However, I don't remember exact sequence of FMC programming, because prior that I was able successfully to fly LAX-SFO without a single problem whatsoever. The only difference I can think of during my test flight LAX-SFO I waited for complete INS alignment before programming FMC

Another test flight. I went ahead and setup take off page before INS aligned. No error whatsoever. Seems like the issue is intermittent, but I will page attention next time when it happens.

Also I had little fun disengage the autothrottle. I assigned button on my stick. But it seems like I need to move my hardware to idle in order to truly disengage AT.

P.S. Despite that is very great airplane to fly!   

• Upvote 1

How is everyone flying IEXG in XP 11? When I load into it, switches are not moving, there's no side menu and more. 

Update: Reinstall fixed the major issues. 

Edited by mraviator

OK few things:

XP11 B3

WHERE: FMC. Take off page

FREQUENCY: every time

PROBLEM: accesing page 2 (runway wind, runway slop gradient)   before choosing departure runway cuasing script error

RESULT: NEXT PAGE, PREVIOUS PAGE button stop working

RESOLUTION: restart sim

WHERE: FMS, DEPARTURE ARRIVAL screen

FREQUENCY:intermittent

PROBLEM: selection of arrival runway while in flight causing significant load of GPU, stutter every few seconds 

RESULT: stutters continue until EXEC button is pressed. after that disappear 

RESOLUTION: press EXEC button fixes stutters

Hi Litjan

if I select " start cold and dark " from XP11 menu, the aircraft starts always with the engines running.

Is a XP11 problem or IXEG bug ?

Just now, pinco58 said:

Hi Litjan

if I select " start cold and dark " from XP11 menu, the aircraft starts always with the engines running.

Is a XP11 problem or IXEG bug ?

Hi, have you unchecked "Starts with engine running" in XP11 (where you select your aircraft) ?

20 minutes ago, Tom Stian said:

Hi, have you unchecked "Starts with engine running" in XP11 (where you select your aircraft) ?

Yes, I have !

But this doesn't seem have any effect....

1 minute ago, pinco58 said:

Yes, I have !

But this doesn't seem have any effect....

And you selected "Cold and dark" from the IXEG menu (preflight)?

I dont have any problems here to start the aircraft in "Cold and Dark".

What I'm understanding, there are 2 flag that i have to check :

1-  Cold and dark from IXEG menu ( Check )

2- Starts with engine running in XP11 menu ( Uncheck )

Probably it's a my mistake .... I've checked only " cold and dark " from IXEG menu  and I haven't unchecked "start with engine running" in XP11 menu !

I'll try this evening at home.

Thanks for your response.

When starting cold and dark, the aircraft tends to roll backwards until I can get the APU started and the hydraulic pumps turned on. Am I missing a setting for chocks somewhere to prevent a rolling aircraft? This only happens in XP11.

Edited by DCA309

When starting cold and dark, the aircraft tends to roll backwards until I can get the APU started and the hydraulic pumps turned on. Am I missing a setting for chocks somewhere to prevent a rolling aircraft? This only happens in XP11.

Yes, I notes the same think.

May be the idraulic pressure is missing and the brakes haven't effect.....

Inviato dal mio SM-G900F utilizzando Tapatalk

12 hours ago, DCA309 said:

There may be a dataref changed - usually the brake cylinder holds enough pressure to power the brakes. However - on a real aircraft - this can also get depleted during longer ground times, and then there is nothing to stop the aircraft.

We don´t have "chocks" implemented yet, but are looking to do that in the future. This problem with the pressure being 0 after initial load, however, will be adressed in the XP11 conversion (or it might be a bug in XP11pb3).

Jan

• Upvote 1

Latest version of gizmo causing stack overflow errors in XP11 and IXEG 733.  Going back to older version fixes issue with IXEG 

Would this affect the frame rates or cause a complete crash? The reason I ask is that randomly, sometimes an hour into the flight, or in tonight's case, still taxiing for take off, frame rates drop from almost 30FPS to 1.5-2 FPS. The only way to resolve it is to shut down XP11 and restart the flight. This has happened on each of my last four attempts to complete a flight from KCHS to KBNA. I have no crashes, just sudden and dramatic drop in frame rates.

Disregard my previous post. I think I messed something up while updating Navigraph, because now, XP10 does not work at all! I'm reinstalling them from scratch and will repost if I end up with the same issue.

On 12/23/2016 at 4:42 PM, DCA309 said:

I have same problem in beta 3

On 12/21/2016 at 10:56 AM, Litjan said:

Bug 1: Known, will be fixed with upcoming patch. Resolution for now: Don´t access page 2 before selecting departure runway.

Bug 2: http://forums.x-pilot.com/forums/topic/11790-fmc-direct-to-causes-stop-start-in-views/

As for number 2 I don't have any aniti-virus programs. I'm running WIN 10 64 bit. WIN 10 however has stock app "windows defender". Could it be it?