Left Engine Overtemp on Start up - Would not clear

Skiman

Gday Saab340 pilots

Can someone please explain what's going on here?

Right engine started fine. Left engine temp went through the roof. Same start procedure, levers and throttles in the same position.

Tried clearing the fault by shutting down, cold start, etc, it remained high and the left temp number counter would clock itself over. All other indications are normal. Aircraft flew normally, no abnormal flight characteristics, no flames coming out of left engine :)

Is this just a glitch? I've been having some minor issues in XP10.51 that I have not noticed before. Incl a CTOT problem earlier (ie, it would not engage). Which I believe is part of a ground handling plugin error. A restart of the PC fixed that.

Any ideas?

qXiEGqD.jpg

1 minute ago, Goran_M said:

Not enough info to go on.  Definitely strange.  

What I would ask is go through engine start again.  If you get any unusual behaviour, shut the sim down and immediately post your Gizmolog.txt file (found in the root x-plane folder).  That will give us all the information we need.

Thanks for the quick response mate. Will do.

Have you had this problem in the Saab since you initially purchased it?, or is it a new problem?  Did it start to occur after you upgraded to a new version of XP?

Please attach a copy of your log.txt file as well (immediately following the flight where the issues occurs).

Also, please tell us what your frame rates are when you are experiencing this problem.

The sound file errors are a minor flaw in the sound engine code.  It first attempts to load the sound files from the "default" sounds folder, and issues an error when it doesn't find them.  The Saab sound files are located elsewhere.  The code then looks in the correct place for the files and loads them correctly.   

Also

Thanks for the response and the information.

Im not sure what the frame rates were, but theyre typically excellent (high end PC).

Have not seen the over-temp condition before (pre XP10.5) and it has only occurred once since upgrading. The Saab has been rock solid before this. I've attached the log file from the flight when this happened and ill attempt to reproduce fault.

Thermocouple or TD amp in left engine probably U/S lol

Cheers

Log.txt