IXEG Developers - Please Contact FDS!

signmanbob

Hello,

Peter Cos, president of Flightdeck Solutions, told me that he loves your 737 for X-Plane, and that he would really like to get together with you about making the FDS CDU Pro work with your 737 Classic.

"X-Plane... love that new 737 package but I have not connected with them on using our hardware. If you wanted to email them we could perhaps connect at some point and show them what is involved in creating compatibility. Requires both sides to do some work. Not much, but some."

Peter

Please contact him at  pcos@flightdecksolutions.com  
I have this CDU and would love to be able to use it with the IXEG 737 Classic.
This is an extremely well made CDU unit and it would sure be a great addition to your aircraft.
If we can manage to get the MCP PRO and EFIS working with your 737, I'll buy them also.

Thank you,
Bob
Edited by signmanbob
  • Upvote 2

Hello,

Is making the IXEG 737 work with Flightdeck Solutions' CDU Pro something that you might be interested in?  No one from IXEG has responded to this thread and I don't know if that should be interpreted as a "Not interested".

There are a lot of people that use this CDU, since it is the best one out there, and I don't think there would be a lot involved in making them work together.

Thank you,

Bob

IXEG has said on their very first release of the aircraft that external hardware compatibility is second priority once they have completed the aircraft simulation to the levels they want to...

You can see on the link below, what is already done, what is still pending. You should understand while having FDS CDU is really cool, this a pretty expensive piece of hardware and a very limited number of people may use it, while there is a huge user base awaiting for all features of the aircraft being available.

Having said that, i do not know anything about FDS hardware, but IXEG already provides all custom commands and datarefs for an external hardware or software based CDU to work (they are pretty well documented on the aircraft DOC folder). I do not know what FDS requires from them to work their way, but they should be able to put a piece of plugin software on xplane as of today for commanding the aircraft CDU from their external hardware. There are already external CDUs working with the IXEG without them required to change any single bit of code.

Edited by mmerelles
misspelling