Basic Feature Overview for SMP V4

JohnMAXX

One day I'm for XEnviro the day after for Skymaxx 4. 

Today I'm for Skymaxx and those latest shots are cool, something tells me you have the best product but something tells me lot of clouds are still missing mainly above and below the main cloud layer.

It would be nice of you to show some dark thunderstorms formations, some lightnings and relative thunderstrike sound, some videos showing a plane tormented by such fxs.

thx

Edited by Mark V

One day I'm for XEnviro the day after for Skymaxx 4. 

Today I'm for Skymaxx and those latest shots are cool, something tells me you have the best product but something tells me lot of clouds are still missing above all above and below the main cloud layer.

it would be nice of you to show some dark thunderstorms formations, some lightnings, some videos showing a plane tormented by such fxs.

thx

There are plenty of videos of such out there on YouTube already.

I'm going to cross post something here that I posted elsewhere:

We have distinct representations for cumulus, stratus, cumulonimbus, towering cumulus, cirrus, and cirrocumulus. Sorry guys, but that's all you're about to see in the real world. The new HD puff overcast representation is certainly visually distinct from cumulus, and if you want something really different, there's the solid and broken stratiform options in SMP.

These clouds meet the very strict training requirements of organizations like the US Air Force, US Navy, NASA, Boeing, Airbus, Lockheed Martin, etc., all of whom are our direct customers along with hundreds more.

The only one we don't fully have implemented (partially in some instances) is altocumulus, which we may look at adding in later on.

What sets SkyMaxx Pro apart is it's ability to actively MORPH clouds into new shapes. They can start out in one form, and eventually morph to new. This is something no current simulation has.

Version 4 definitely appears distinctly different in sim than past versions as well.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, joomie said:

Alright, sorry for that.

Regarding your question (Log.txt) find my thread here:

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/108835-performance-question-stuttering-for-experts/#comment-1071153

We can't provide support on x-plane.org (most of us are banned there as we compete with their products.) Your last comment there however suggests that you ended up with smooth, stable performance. If you're having new problems, feel free to open up a thread here on X-Pilot in the SkyMaxx Pro support forum.

38 minutes ago, sundog said:

We can't provide support on x-plane.org (most of us are banned there as we compete with their products.) Your last comment there however suggests that you ended up with smooth, stable performance. If you're having new problems, feel free to open up a thread here on X-Pilot in the SkyMaxx Pro support forum.

Hi thanks for that info, will use that.

But, I need to correct that: No, I did not end up with stable and smooth performance. As said, big FPS drops to single digit values, when weather got redrawn.

17 minutes ago, joomie said:

Hi thanks for that info, will use that.

But, I need to correct that: No, I did not end up with stable and smooth performance. As said, big FPS drops to single digit values, when weather got redrawn.

Start a support thread we'd be more than happy to help, along with the community too :)

42 minutes ago, Cameron said:

Default X-Plane and xEnviro do it too!

I would like Skymaxx have them with relative sounds, because it happens that Skymaxx is in pole position to be the xplane better weather addon. In 2017 REX will join the xplane world so you have to anticipate them sooner rather then later ;)

Edited by Mark V

3 minutes ago, JohnMAXX said:

Start a support thread we'd be more than happy to help, along with the community too :)

Great, will do. May you point me to the correct page, please?

Will give SMP3.1 & RWC a second try. Can I do that using XP11? Are above settings (especially the ones for RWC) appropriate?

Many thanks!

joomie

joomie,

smp+rwc work in xp11

Just i find some sunlight directional variations kinda make some scenarios seem err how can i say, kinda like the clouds edges are too sharp

Of course, smp3 wasn't designed for 11, so use as as that, no guarantee etc

But yes it's still amazing in 11 for me, and had no crashes etc

Tony

ps : go here, shot it lastnight i think or in the wee hours today, shows settings etc etc, so it's still damned amazing i find ...........

Edited by Defiance_co
added vid link

• 2 weeks later...

Patience, hurry does not bring good things. The boys of sundog if they had wanted it already would have taken it, but they are intelligent, they see the competition and they want to present a product of quality and that improves the present. You have to give them their time to ensure a product as they have done with each skymax update, each new version better than the previous one. I just hope to fly eating nougat. Jejejejeje and if not crashing with cava.
Merry Christmas to all.

On 12/5/2016 at 5:25 PM, Denco said:

Dayum...

So when is the release date? I'm quite ready for it.

To be clear - those are photos posted by someone not affiliated with SMP, not screenshots. Don't hold us to quite those standards! (Although I am pretty happy with the lightning effect in SMP4.)