Jump to content
danitabaires

The IXEG and X-Plane 11 Topic [Merged]

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, cmbaviator said:

I had several CTD during the cruise on xP11

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Usually if I have a soft crash ..mabe because of Gizmo or the IXEG 737  I can see that because of my fiddling around with the FMC...and of course XPLANE11 is still beta..

It just kinda stinks after an hour of flight and looking forward to a sweet approach and landing..and its just taken away from you....arrgh... but ,oh well..been doing this for years..used to it now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Ben Russell said:

Hi Greg.

It sounds like one of our plugins isn't running.

Can you try installing this?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=48145

 

If that still doesn't help we'll need to see some Log files to determine what's going on.

These can be found in the X-Plane folder and are called Log.txt and GizmoLog.txt

You can either attach these to a forum reply or email them direct to br@x-plugins.com

 

Let me know how it goes.... and thanks for your support.

Hello Ben,

Thank you for your fast reply.  I had to wait until I got home from work to try this but unfortunately it didn't work.  I'll attach the files you requested.

If it helps, you should know that when I said it's a new system, I mean it's new-car-smell new.  i6700K/GTX10 ect. but none of the stuff like Visual C++ my old system had. 

Thank you again very much for helping me learn,

Greg D.

GizmoLog.txt

Log.txt

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, staffguy1 said:

is anyone else having problems with landing lights logo lights taxi lights and beacon lights not working when powered up

I have never heard that one - can you verify that they are working on other (default) aircraft?

Landing lights will only work whey the relevant buses are powered, logo lights won´t work with winglets enabled, the beacon light can toggle off for some users with use of the "B" key, inadvertantly...

Jan

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Litjan said:

I have never heard that one - can you verify that they are working on other (default) aircraft?

Landing lights will only work whey the relevant buses are powered, logo lights won´t work with winglets enabled, the beacon light can toggle off for some users with use of the "B" key, inadvertantly...

Jan

 

does work with other aircraft they don't work even with engines running or apu working

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, but did you power the buses? This won´t happen automatically, you have to connect the generators.

We ship with some tutorials, maybe take a look at those and see if that helps?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Litjan said:

Yes, but did you power the buses? This won´t happen automatically, you have to connect the generators.

We ship with some tutorials, maybe take a look at those and see if that helps?

everything is on I even tried setting the preselect to ready for taxi and still nothing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm - that leaves me baffled. Do you have HDR enabled? This is necessary for all lights to show (X-Plane limitation)... But I think the beacon lights should work without that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Litjan said:

Hmm - that leaves me baffled. Do you have HDR enabled? This is necessary for all lights to show (X-Plane limitation)... But I think the beacon lights should work without that.

yes HDR is on and it was all working perfectly in beta 5 :/ still cant figure it out its annoying

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,
my first impressions with XP11:

It feels to me like the aircraft performance has been shifted a lot with XP11.
Like the plane produces lot less drag. My thrust settings on approach are substantial lower.

Michael

p.s.: May be caused by xp11 revised jet engine modeling: http://developer.x-plane.com/2016/12/jet-engine-modeling-in-x-plane-11/

???

Edited by KirMi
additional infos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hi all,

my first impressions with XP11:

It feels to me like the aircraft performance has been shifted a lot with XP11.

Like the plane produces lot less drag. My thrust settings on approach are substantial lower.

Michael

Yeah, you should have seen me at idle on the ramp while the plane was being pushed around sideways with a 30 knot wind. Felt like a kite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/20/2017 at 8:02 PM, cap10jaf said:

Hello Ben,

Thank you for your fast reply.  I had to wait until I got home from work to try this but unfortunately it didn't work.  I'll attach the files you requested.

If it helps, you should know that when I said it's a new system, I mean it's new-car-smell new.  i6700K/GTX10 ect. but none of the stuff like Visual C++ my old system had. 

Thank you again very much for helping me learn,

Greg D.

GizmoLog.txt

Log.txt

Sorry to quote myself but I have more information.  I downloaded X-plane 10 and installed the IXEG 737 and everything works normally.  Re-tried it in XP11 but the knobs still won't turn.

One new question.  I also installed the hotfix from the forum sticky.  Was that required and or harmful?  I'm not sure if my new purchase included it, but the date on the installer said it was pre-hot fix as far as I could tell.

Thank you again,

Greg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cap10jaf said:

Sorry to quote myself but I have more information.  I downloaded X-plane 10 and installed the IXEG 737 and everything works normally.  Re-tried it in XP11 but the knobs still won't turn.

One new question.  I also installed the hotfix from the forum sticky.  Was that required and or harmful?  I'm not sure if my new purchase included it, but the date on the installer said it was pre-hot fix as far as I could tell.

Thank you again,

Greg

Thanks for the additional info.

From the data in GizmoLog.txt it looks like the IXEG systems scripts fail almost as soon as they try to load.

Unfortunately they don't tell me why..

I'm not sure what to offer other than;

"Please wait for the 1.1 update which while not officially for XP11 contains at least some small fixes to make XP11 use smoother."

 

Thanks again for investigating this further.

It's very much appreciated when you take your time to help provide as much detailed info as you can to improve our products.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ben Russell said:

Thanks for the additional info.

From the data in GizmoLog.txt it looks like the IXEG systems scripts fail almost as soon as they try to load.

Unfortunately they don't tell me why..

I'm not sure what to offer other than;

"Please wait for the 1.1 update which while not officially for XP11 contains at least some small fixes to make XP11 use smoother."

 

Thanks again for investigating this further.

It's very much appreciated when you take your time to help provide as much detailed info as you can to improve our products.

Understood, and thank you you again. 

By the way, the plane is absolutely amazing.  "Spectacular job" doesn't say nearly enough to all those involved.

Greg D.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well guys, this is confusing to me but is making me think it's something with my system.  Sorry I'm posting this in the XP11 bug thread but this is were the issue was first realized.

I just attempted my first IXEG flight from Orlando to Atlanta in XP10.  The first part of the flight was flawless, but as I began the decent I started to have limited control of the heading knob, then noticed similar issues with other click and drag functionality.  At one point I couldn't move the heading knob at all, but then regained very limited movement.

Now this is the interesting part.  I  flew in windowless mode and when I attempted to exit the sim the menu bar would appear, the disappear before I could select anything.  Same thing repeated over and over and I finally used task manager to shut it down.

I'm using a Logitech wireless mouse and a Sony 43" 4K tv if any of that helps.

I appreciated any help you may have.

Thank you,

Greg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Final report.  It was windowless mode causing the issues.  I switched to windowed and everything is working beautifully in both XP10 and XP11.

Greg D.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys,

Awesome aircraft, yesterday I tested it on XP11 pb6 and it flies amazingly.. 

Only thing I can't seem to make it work are logo lights at night. Any way to fix this? All other lights work just fine.

Also is there a temporary fix for the aircraft that slides all over the place?
Just tried a flight with the APU on parked at KBOS with some 10k-20k winds and the aircraft felt as an ultralight aircraft moving all over the place..

Any quick fix that might solve the sliding issue?

Thanks!

Teo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hiya,

Ahh, another addict is born .......

I can help on the sliding

The easiest way to 'fix' the sliding is start the plane on the runway in xp's options

It's a bug to do with xp11 not the plane

Have Fun

Tony

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, teofilo said:

Hey guys,

Only thing I can't seem to make it work are logo lights at night. Any way to fix this? All other lights work just fine.

 

Hello, 

If you are using winglets the logo light wont work.

In version 1.1 a INOP sticker will be added when using winglets.

 

 

Edited by Tom Stian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tom Stian said:

Hello, 

If you are using winglets the logo light wont work.

In version 1.1 a INOP sticker will be added when using winglets.

 

 

Interesting fact about the Logo light.. usually I fly PMDG 737-600 and up and their logo lights usually work but if the real 737-300 with winglets doesn't have logo lights, I am all up for it.

Thanks for the clarification

Regards,

Teo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Defiance_co said:

Hiya,

Ahh, another addict is born .......

I can help on the sliding

The easiest way to 'fix' the sliding is start the plane on the runway in xp's options

It's a bug to do with xp11 not the plane

Have Fun

Tony

 

What happens if I disable slopped runways? would it fix the sliding issues? has anyone tried it?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if it's XP11 or not but looks like the flaps produce less drag, i really need to set flaps 15 when GS is alive otherwise I'll have a hard time getting below 160kts and stable at min 500fts

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×