Jump to content
danitabaires

The IXEG and X-Plane 11 Topic [Merged]

Recommended Posts

On 12/2/2016 at 4:36 PM, culley35 said:

i am getting the same error and window that pops up like the one above, i can close it but then i can't access the menu bar.

Ooops. I see this has been answered.

Edited by HamSammich

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got the problem that my altitude callouts while landing are very very quiet in XP11. Also tried the several volume settings but it didn't help. Has anybody a solution for that?

Best regards

Julian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Not a promise, but I think we MAY get rid of the gizmo error on startup with one of the next XP11 betas...it is due to some dataref change that Laminar did.

I also have some inconsistencies with the pop-out menus, I often can´t access the XP11 toolbar (on top edge), but haven´t found out what is causing it. There are some other minor items, but I think we will be able to conquer those soon after starting the port.

Jan

 

Good news.

Same for the toolbar, I've noticed that I can access the toolbar when in 3D cockpit ( pressing W: azerty keyboard)

If I change the view by pressing C for example I can't access the toolbar anymore

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2016 at 1:49 AM, Litjan said:

Not a promise, but I think we MAY get rid of the gizmo error on startup with one of the next XP11 betas...it is due to some dataref change that Laminar did.

I also have some inconsistencies with the pop-out menus, I often can´t access the XP11 toolbar (on top edge), but haven´t found out what is causing it. There are some other minor items, but I think we will be able to conquer those soon after starting the port.

Jan

 

X-Plane 11 Public Beta 2: No Gizmo error! ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes no Gizmo error.  But it seems to me that ground handling, and the propensity to Toyko drift on the runway has dramatically increased?!

 

Cheers,

Justin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

updated to XP11 pb2 today and yes, Gizmo window disappeared :-)

I have one painful issue left, after that I might actually be able to do a full flight:
the knobs (especially IAS/MACH) behave very strange (already before b2), the sound is plaid back like I was turning the knob very fast, but most important, it seems to turn only clock wise. I have to try a dozen of times until I pick up randomly a spot where it accepts to turn down (counter-clock wise)

Now this said, I am not sure if this is a particular issue on my side since I am running a multi-monitor configuration and there might still be a few early bugs left with this brand new XP11 feature.

anyone else noticed such behavior? 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ssa919 said:

Have the VNAV/dataref errors been fixed? I know this is a longshot... Thanks all!

You'd have to be more specific? Not sure what you're referring to…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wanted to put a few learns on XP11 compatibility to help anyone struggling:

  • Make sure you use the installer and point it to XP11. This ensures Gizmo installs correctly. It won't eat an activation if your hardware is the same.
  • Open the Planemaker.exe in the XP11 directory, open the IXEG 737 (main livery -default). Open the systems option (from the dropdown). Check APU. Save. Exit. Otherwise, the APU will not start and will just cycle.
  • Load up the plane in XP11. If you want icons, go ahead and bind a key to creating icons and hit it, it will cycle through for each livery.
  • If the plane is powered off (not by default mind), you will not be able to access the default top toolbar at all. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2016 at 11:57 AM, julian2 said:

I got the problem that my altitude callouts while landing are very very quiet in XP11. Also tried the several volume settings but it didn't help. Has anybody a solution for that?

Best regards

Julian

Hi all,

 

does anyone has an idea how to adjust the volume of the callouts? Worked fine in XP10 and when I open the sounds in Windows Media Player they are ok regarding the volume. 

 

Regards

Julian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, julian2 said:

Hi all,

 

does anyone has an idea how to adjust the volume of the callouts? Worked fine in XP10 and when I open the sounds in Windows Media Player they are ok regarding the volume. 

 

Regards

Julian

You can always modify each gwps file and increase the gain on them by using a program like audacity. Not sure of it'll work, I havnt tried yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, julian2 said:

Tried that also with no succses. Am I the only one with that problem?

Hi Julian.

I have the same issue. And I have reported it in this thread.

If you are changing files to you should take a backup first.

I guess the low volume callouts is a thing the IXEG team have to take a look at and make some adjustments.
But we may have to live with it for the time being, since X Plane 11 is beta only. :)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, julian2 said:

Ah alright Tom. Thanks for the Info. At least we have V Speed callouts now. :-) Nice Script.

Thanks for the feedback. Glad you liked it :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I have the same experience. I have XP11 full version, i7 on 5.1 GHz, GTX 1080, 3x LCD. The graphic performance of XP11 is definitely worse then XP10. I hope for future improvements.

I am using Beta now as well and where I used to get 27-36 on the ground at KSEA, I am now getting 12fps. When I go into the sky with free camera, I would get around 100fps or higher and now 34-36.

i7-4770 @ 3.5GHz, GTX 780Ti

This has to get better. I'd hate to see what folks are getting with the older cards. Barely flyable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jumping in a bit late here so I hope this gets some exposure.  Using my original X10 installer, I installed the IXEG B737 into X11.  I understand that this is beta etc but my experience with the aircraft is not what other seems to be getting.

When trying to activate the new install, my password shows as incorrect.  I know that I am using the correct one.

The preflight configuration bump window does not display.

I know that the APU is not not function but without the configuration window I am unable to get an GPU so I cannot start the airplane.

Maybe all of this is a result of not being able to activate the new install?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Boeing Driver said:

Jumping in a bit late here so I hope this gets some exposure.  Using my original X10 installer, I installed the IXEG B737 into X11.  I understand that this is beta etc but my experience with the aircraft is not what other seems to be getting.

When trying to activate the new install, my password shows as incorrect.  I know that I am using the correct one.

The preflight configuration bump window does not display.

I know that the APU is not not function but without the configuration window I am unable to get an GPU so I cannot start the airplane.

Maybe all of this is a result of not being able to activate the new install?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

I installed it directly into XP11, and activated after installation. No problems so far

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I installed it directly into XP11, and activated after installation. No problems so far

The same for me.

I have only activated the APU by WED aircraft editor.

Inviato dal mio SM-T719 utilizzando Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will the update for XP11 be payable? What I mean is will we have to pay again to have this plane updated for XP11? I'm asking this because I'm thinking of buying the plane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×