The IXEG and X-Plane 11 Topic [Merged]

danitabaires

5 hours ago, Litjan said:

Taxi, turnoff and landing lights don´t work on the IXEG in XP11.01b1. They worked until 11.00, I don´t know why they don´t anymore.

If you want to help this get fixed, file a bug with Laminar Research.

Cheers, Jan

Maybe it's because of this: http://developer.x-plane.com/2017/04/lets-get-physical-at-night/

Edit: no sorry... "There’s no authoring change needed or work to do for third parties – if you were modeling your aircraft to look correct during the day, 11.01 makes the night lighting look better."

Edited by crisk73

Actually we do use the DEFAULT landing lights.  Anyway, whatever it is, it will get fixed unless it fixes itself in the meantime...

As for the landing light beam, some seem not to understand that that is what they are * LANDING* lights! They are canted 6,5 deg DOWN, so they will not give a lot of illumination forward when level on the ground.  Reason is that on approach you'll normally have a 2-3 deg up pitch attitude, pluss being on a 3 deg negative glideslope, this is why they are canted down.  

M

file a bug with laminar ? ... why ?

no other planes have this problem..

and we pay much money so please work and give us a usable 737 , thank you ! 

Because Laminar has a policy that if something worked before but stopped after, they need to know.

So, yes, file a bug.

And just my 2 cts:

The IXEG 737 is NOT compatible with XP11.

If you want an airplane that is compatible with XP11, buy an airplane that is compatible with XP11. The IXEG 737 is NOT compatible with XP11, and won´t be for some time.

If you want an airplane that is compatible with XP11, do not buy the IXEG 737. Buy something else for now, there are quite a few very good options out there.

Phew, I hope this makes it across the language (or IQ-) barrier ok. Sorry for being blunt.

We do not know when we will get to making the 737 compatible, heck, we have a hard time even getting the much needed patch for XP10 out, for environmental and some othe reasons I can´t discuss here. For that I am personally sorry - for not getting compatibility with XP11, I am not sorry (yet, but I am starting to feel a bit of guilt).

It is what it is (to quote a teammember of mine).

Jan

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Litjan said:

And just my 2 cts:

If you want an airplane that is compatible with XP11, buy an airplane that is compatible with XP11. The IXEG 737 is NOT compatible with XP11, and won´t be for some time.

If you want an airplane that is compatible with XP11, do not buy the IXEG 737. Buy something else for now, there are quite a few very good options out there.

Phew, I hope this makes it across the language (or IQ-) barrier ok. Sorry for being blunt.

We do not know when we will get to making the 737 compatible, heck, we have a hard time even getting the much needed patch for XP10 out, for environmental and some othe reasons I can´t discuss here. For that I am personally sorry - for not getting compatibility with XP11, I am not sorry (yet, but I am starting to feel a bit of guilt).

Jan

Jan,

This was a great reply. I like that you acknowledge that you guys are even having a hard time pushing an update out for XP 10. In reality (not being sarcastic), I suspect for you guys to release this XP 10 1.1 patch in 2018 (again, not being sarcastic), and I suspect XP 11 compatibility in 2019, especially at this rate. As a development Team, I believe you guys are an interesting group, you guys have a gorgeous plane, that has SO much work put into it, but it almost seems as if the dev Team is just tired of working on this bird. I understand one of your devs is experiencing a personal issue which is completely understandable, I hope the dev is ok. I think most new customers are a bit stuck because since XP 11 came out, most are switching over, but IXEG is very well focused on XP 10 (which is understandable, not your fault). I hope you understand where I believe a lot are coming from.

To be fair to future buyers (like I once was), I think it would be fair if this was posted on the product description page. I would not have purchased the product if I knew it would take this long for patches.

I appreciate your bluntness and openness, looking forward to one-day being able to fly the IXEG again.

Best,

Nader

Edited by machvista
  • Upvote 4

I know this is not the right place to post this, but perhaps the advert on X-Aviation should be changed to clarify that the plane is not X-Plane 11 compatible (yet).

Currently it only states that it is compatible with X-Plane 10.

Seeing as many people looking to purchase will be new to the platform, and as such will likely only have 11... may lead to unnecessary complaints.

• Upvote 1

I know this is not the right place to post this, but perhaps the advert on X-Aviation should be changed to clarify that the plane is not X-Plane 11 compatible (yet).

Currently it only states that it is compatible with X-Plane 10.

Seeing as many people looking to purchase will be new to the platform, and as such will likely only have 11... may lead to unnecessary complaints.

Not only does the product page explicitly state X-Plane 10, but it also states no X-Plane 11 compatibility.

The installer also explicitly states for X-Plane 10 64-bit ONLY during install.

Hope it wont take too long. Good luck! it's a nice aircraft pity it's not going to be available for XP11 any time soon. It's gonna be a pain now because there's a lot of people coming over to XP11 from other sims and looking for realistic aircraft for it. The market force says the 737-800 is the most popular aircraft in other sims so guys coming over from P3D and FSX are walking in with an expectation of a 737 of sorts and there's a massive business opportunity right there for taking even if it's a 300 classic. Sure there's other aircraft that are XP11 compatible but nothing like the 737 (Take that as a compliment) but why would one hand business over to other guys on a silver platter :-)  Perhaps do some compatibility update so new guys can buy the aircraft and you've got extra clients. I've got the 737 working to a point and flyable and so several flights even if it means i drift about at the gate or my logo light doesnt work... but I dont regard those as major issue because I know it wasnt designed for XP11 :-) - just the little things which I'd imagine could be "easy fixes" 

I've read all the previous posts carefully, and I understand perfectly that the product is 
currently only compatible with XP10.
But too much time has passed since the release of the latest Xp10 patch ...
I would like to be wrong, but I think the development team no longer exists, or it is no
longer working on the product for some time!
And that would explain why today you are not able to tell when the patch will come out for
XP10 and not even for XP11 ...
I repeat, I would be wrong, but I'm afraid it is so!
Edited by pinco58
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

12 minutes ago, pinco58 said:

I've read all the previous posts carefully, and I understand perfectly that the product is 
currently only compatible with XP10.
But too much time has passed since the release of the latest Xp10 patch ...
I would like to be wrong, but I think the development team no longer exists, or it is no
longer working on the product for some time!
And that would explain why today you are not able to tell when the patch will come out for
XP10 and not even for XP11 ...
I repeat, I would be wrong, but I'm afraid it is so!

I don't think a real world pilot would be wasting his precious time here answering user questions and or rants in the forums if this project/team was dead. 

It's gonna be a pain now because there's a lot of people coming over to XP11 from other sims and looking for realistic aircraft for it. The market force says the 737-800 is the most popular aircraft in other sims so guys coming over from P3D and FSX are walking in with an expectation of a 737 of sorts and there's a massive business opportunity right there for taking even if it's a 300 classic. Sure there's other aircraft that are XP11 compatible but nothing like the 737 (Take that as a compliment) but why would one hand business over to other guys on a silver platter :-)  Perhaps do some compatibility update so new guys can buy the aircraft and you've got extra clients. 

I second this, many many people are coming to XP11 and the first thing they ask in the forums is: where do I find a good B737? I would easily tell them to get IXEG if it had no major issues with the new version of the sim, but now the best you can grab is the awesome zibo's mod. Fixing a few things with xp11 compatibility would be an immense commercial opportunity in my view (even better than releasing a full v1.1 for xp10).. But anyway let's devs make their choices and cope with the problems they are having since real life is definitely more important, good luck.

• Upvote 1

No, the project is certainly not dead - but I would say we are at a stage where the speed of progress is too variable to make any predictions.

I (and most likely the majority of the team) agree on a good business opportunity lost with the current level of excitement for XP11, but it is what it is. Making money is not everything in life, everyone in the team has their own motivations and agendas and they all come into play in a joint endeavour like this one.

We had some setback to motivation as well, especially with the rampant pirating and sharing that happened with our product, and it certainly made some of us wonder if it is really worth our time and hard work. I make less off of the 737 each month than what it costs me to take my wife out to the movies with a dinner at a nice restaurant afterwards - just to give you some perspective. So the business aspect is certainly not that important to me ;).

Sorry that I don´t have any more uplifting news,

Jan

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Alatriste said:

Just curious about your last comment Jan: Is it because of the market size or because the piracy? I thought the DRM of X-Aviation worked pretty well.

Many people don't understand that if you pirate sim products, this genre will never grow.

I obviously purchased the product, but I can say that it's not difficult to pirate the product if that's what your intentions were. Pirating is no good for this exact reason.. amazing devs like IXEG will now steer away from future project most likely due to this.

Edited by machvista

19 hours ago, Litjan said:

And just my 2 cts:

Jan

Good to know, my only regret is to have spent a lot of money for an airplane without development team ... thank you, I will uninstall your 737 ... sadly

Regards

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

4 hours ago, Litjan said:

No, the project is certainly not dead - but I would say we are at a stage where the speed of progress is too variable to make any predictions.

I (and most likely the majority of the team) agree on a good business opportunity lost with the current level of excitement for XP11, but it is what it is. Making money is not everything in life, everyone in the team has their own motivations and agendas and they all come into play in a joint endeavour like this one.

We had some setback to motivation as well, especially with the rampant pirating and sharing that happened with our product, and it certainly made some of us wonder if it is really worth our time and hard work. I make less off of the 737 each month than what it costs me to take my wife out to the movies with a dinner at a nice restaurant afterwards - just to give you some perspective. So the business aspect is certainly not that important to me ;).

Sorry that I don´t have any more uplifting news,

Jan

the piracy problem is not my problem , I payed and a lot ... so please this is not an excuse for me... make your product sure it's , again , your work...

Regards

Edited by Paolofly69
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

4 minutes ago, Paolofly69 said:

without development team

5 hours ago, pinco58 said:

I think the development team no longer exists, or it is no longer working on the product for some time!

I'm not sure if these comments are done with authentic malice or is it just plain ignorance of the 13 preceeding pages of explaination of the IXEG team. I sincerely hope that for each of these people there are at least ten more like us who understand what's going on here. I admire your patience, IXEG folks. I would've closed the thread long ago.

• Upvote 3

patience ? I have pay 70 Euros for this plane ... this is not free .... and I expect more respect . my patience  Thanks

to clarify I bought this plane in April 2016 and waited patch 1.1 for XP 10 before Compatibility in XP 11

Regards Paolo

Edited by Paolofly69
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

I can understand the disappointment and the need to vent it. I would probably feel the same way.

We like to maintain an open channel, though. And of course, we value the customers who paid and acknowledge the fact that THEY didn´t do piracy or sharing.

I am not saying there won´t be a patch for XP10, and I am not saying there will be no compatibility patch for XP11. But I can´t say, when. And nothing really has changed, in that regard.

Jan

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Litjan said:

I can understand the disappointment and the need to vent it. I would probably feel the same way.

We like to maintain an open channel, though. And of course, we value the customers who paid and acknowledge the fact that THEY didn´t do piracy or sharing.

I am not saying there won´t be a patch for XP10, and I am not saying there will be no compatibility patch for XP11. But I can´t say, when. And nothing really has changed, in that regard.

Jan

Jan,

I want to be very careful that we're not using piracy as an excuse for not finishing this airplane. $75 is not easy cash, and you guys asked for quite a bit of money for an unfinished airplane. A lot of people trusted IXEG, and I don't care what software you release, you will ALWAYS have pirates, it's part of the game (I'm a dev as well). The real problem here is that I believe IXEG released their 737 for commercial release before it ever should have been in my opinion. You guys are trying to deliver more than you can ever handle within a reasonable timeline.

Using pirating as an excuse for not finishing the airplane is not fair to us that have spent hard earned cash on this project. That is the truth in my opinion.

Best,
Nader

Edited by machvista
  • Upvote 2

The main holdup right now is we are waiting for a Gizmo update from X-Aviation, and as you know this development is out of our control! The main developer of Gizmo was struck by a big flood in Australia recently and still is more or less without internet/power as he lives in a very remote area down there.  So basically "Force Majeure"....

Force majeure (/ˌfɔːrs/ fors/ˌfɔərs mɑːˈʒɜːr/ mah-zhur, or /məˈʒɜːr/ mə-zhurFrench pronunciation: [fɔʁs maʒœʁ]) – or vis major (Latin) – meaning "superior force", also known as cas fortuit (French) or casus fortuitus (Latin) "chance occurrence, unavoidable accident",[1] is a common clause in contracts that essentially frees both parties from liability or obligation when an extraordinary event or circumstance beyond the control of the parties, such as a warstrikeriot, crime, or an event described by the legal term act of God (hurricanefloodearthquakevolcanic eruption, etc.), prevents one or both parties from fulfilling their obligations under the contract. In practice, most force majeure clauses do not excuse a party's non-performance entirely, but only suspend it for the duration of the force majeure

v 1.1 is more or less ready to go from our side and has been for a while.  So once XA gets the new Gizmo version up and running things should move pretty fast.  We are as impatient as all of you are, but there is not a lot we can do atm but wait.

I also would like to remind everyone that unlike many other teams, we are updating from XP 10 to XP11 for FREE! How many big FSX developers have given free updates when moving to P3D (which is comparable from a developer point of view)? Not many - I think....? 

M

Edited by Morten
  • Upvote 3