The IXEG and X-Plane 11 Topic [Merged]

danitabaires

30 minutes ago, machvista said:

Using pirating as an excuse for not finishing the airplane is not fair to us that have spent hard earned cash on this project.

And that is not what I was saying at all. I was just trying to provide some insight. Please don´t lay words into my mouth.

13 minutes ago, Litjan said:

And that is not what I was saying at all. I was just trying to provide some insight. Please don´t lay words into my mouth.

Fair enough, it does come off differently though with the way you wrote it. Not laying words into your mouth, just simply interpreting them. You guys keep saying how you're providing the XP 11 update for free, but to be fair, you're saying that now because who knows when that will actually happen. I do still stand with the fact that you guys should have never released this plane at its current state, it's borderline unethical to provide all these features on your product page, but then not deliver on them.

Product Page:

"Systems & Avionics
Created with the idea no detail would go missed, all systems have been meticulously modeled to bring you the highest possible fidelity."

"   • System simulation without limits – if it´s in the cockpit, it´s working as in the real plane"

This is false advertising in my mind. You guys have not meticulously modeled all systems (FMC), and is entail, not fair to your customers. Put on your product description that this is still "in progress".

If Gizmo is truly what you guys are waiting on, then why are you guys not saying that?

Edited by machvista
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Litjan said:

couldn't you guys do a quick 1.1 preview video to stop this dead project/team rubbish. it would probably bring some good vibes into this whole discussion

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, machvista said:

"   • System simulation without limits – if it´s in the cockpit, it´s working as in the real plane"

If Gizmo is truly what you guys are waiting on, then why are you guys not saying that? I'm not going to stir this pot anymore, but I'll leave this as my final post.

it has been said several times, last one is from Ben himself, but I agree, it' not easy to find... 2 or three pages up this thread

in regards to the statement about no limits simulation, agree, very nasty and misleading!... try to understand "the cockpit" as "the Virtual Cockpit"... does it make (common) sense? 

Edited by donoscar

58 minutes ago, machvista said:

Fair enough, it does come off differently though with the way you wrote it. Not laying words into your mouth, just simply interpreting them. You guys keep saying how you're providing the XP 11 update for free, but to be fair, you're saying that now because who knows when that will actually happen. I do still stand with the fact that you guys should have never released this plane at its current state, it's borderline unethical to provide all these features on your product page, but then not deliver on them.

Product Page:

"Systems & Avionics
Created with the idea no detail would go missed, all systems have been meticulously modeled to bring you the highest possible fidelity."

"   • System simulation without limits – if it´s in the cockpit, it´s working as in the real plane"

This is false advertising in my mind. You guys have not meticulously modeled all systems (FMC), and is entail, not fair to your customers. Put on your product description that this is still "in progress".

If Gizmo is truly what you guys are waiting on, then why are you guys not saying that?

I am actually in agreement with some of your statements.:o

When we released the plane, it was not "complete". We tried to shed a light on this with this post http://forums.x-pilot.com/forums/topic/8526-things-that-are-not-going-to-be-in-v10/ . I have tried to be upfront about the shortcomings of the product at the time of release - this was not without debate in the team! It is not normal to highlight the shortcomings of your product in this industry, and if you look at the product description of other add-ons and compare that with the actual product released, you may find some discrepancies there, too ;).

At the time of release we faced the decision to either release (and fix the shortcomings later on) or to stop work on it altogether. I think that the plane, even in it´s current status, does carry value. At least that is what the majority of user feedback indicates to us.

It was our intention (and my belief) that the team would be able to provide fixes to shortcomings and the missing items in a more timely manner. I personally feel disappointed about this myself. :mellow: I can say for myself that I worked in support of the 737 continously in the last 12 months - but I am not a programmer or a 3D artist, so I have to rely on the part of the team in charge of that.

Morten stated correctly that the patch 1.1 for XP10 has been done (for several weeks now). I have also completed the interim "compatibility patch" for XP11, including the flight-model adjustments. We have not added the new "material properties" (again, I can´t do that with my lack of 3D-skills), but the plane flies (and taxis!) in XP11 just as well as it does in XP10.

We are waiting for Ben and X-Aviation to deliver the new Gizmo version (as Morten mentioned) so we can get the patch to you. It is not in the IXEG´s team´s hands, and hopefully Ben is up to speed again soon after getting hit with the flood to clear this milestone and then we can progress.

Jan

Edited by Litjan
  • Upvote 6

Would like to say thank you for your efforts with regards updating to a moving platform which is X-plane 11.

In terms of updates most devs are doing a quick patch for XP10 aircraft to fly then releasing a new version which takes advantages of XP11 which I feel is fair.

Would rather have third parties release high quality payware than none tbh.

3 hours ago, Morten said:

The main holdup right now is we are waiting for a Gizmo update from X-Aviation, ...

v 1.1 is more or less ready to go from our side and has been for a while.  So once XA gets the new Gizmo version up and running things should move pretty fast.  We are as impatient as all of you are, but there is not a lot we can do atm but wait.

M

@Morten I am curious if you can give us a brief summary of the changes coming to Gizmo that are necessary for IXEG v1.1 to work on XP10?    Or maybe there is a Gizmo related thread somewhere I can read?    Excited.

Cheers,

Justin

Hope it wont take too long. Good luck! it's a nice aircraft pity it's not going to be available for XP11 any time soon. It's gonna be a pain now because there's a lot of people coming over to XP11 from other sims and looking for realistic aircraft for it. The market force says the 737-800 is the most popular aircraft in other sims so guys coming over from P3D and FSX are walking in with an expectation of a 737 of sorts and there's a massive business opportunity right there for taking even if it's a 300 classic. Sure there's other aircraft that are XP11 compatible but nothing like the 737 (Take that as a compliment) but why would one hand business over to other guys on a silver platter :-)  Perhaps do some compatibility update so new guys can buy the aircraft and you've got extra clients. I've got the 737 working to a point and flyable and so several flights even if it means i drift about at the gate or my logo light doesnt work... but I dont regard those as major issue because I know it wasnt designed for XP11 :-) - just the little things which I'd imagine could be "easy fixes" 

What appears easy is not always so. Ground drifting is an exact example of such a thing.

This was a six year long project pre release. I don't buy the "handing over a silver platter" argument.

For those of you having trouble understanding or refusing to read this topic throughly:

The 737 is not officially supported by IXEG in X-Plane 11. You use it there at your own risk, with no support or expectation of it working correctly.

Some people have got it working in X-Plane 11 to their satisfaction, others do not. We do not advertise X-Plane 11 compatibility and if you only choose to use it in 11 we are not encouraging your purchase.

The upcoming 1.1 patch will have (as Jan has previously put it) "ninja fixes" which will allow for basic working compatibility in X-Plane 11. This means things like drift MAY be solved, but the solution would be a hack rather than accurate until you find IXEG officially announcing XP 11 support. The reason for things like this is because the 737 uses custom ground handling modeling to compensate for X-Plane's lacking quality there. Austin has fussed with this code in 11, and the drift is a direct result of that. Flight model inaccuracies are likely present in 11 as well for the 737.

So, all that said, 1.1 will likely get you working in 11 without hassle, but from a technical accuracy standpoint version 10 is where you'll want to be if that's important to you.

There's been far too much complaining and mincing of words in this topic. People seem to be getting lost from the official word vs what they are hearing or thinking, so this topic ends here.

What I have written above is the official stance.

• Upvote 5