The IXEG and X-Plane 11 Topic [Merged]

danitabaires

The team is waiting on some Gizmo updates.

I was hoping to start testing this week but we've just been smashed by a massive storm system instead.

We've had no power for 3.5 days.

Roads remain cut without a 4WD vehicle.

Normally we don't bother mentioning the many little things in life that add delays to project but this is a natural disaster scale event.

There will be delays that are well out of my control.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-04-02/nsw-floods-receding-water-reveals-destruction/8407802

• Upvote 2

Sure there's work on Gizmo. There's big conflicts between the softwares use it.

After install SkyMaxxPro and Real connector, if you take the gizmo version 16/03/2016 1645, nothing work.

I hope they will can repair for your problem.

Have a good day.

9 minutes ago, Sloboda said:

Sure there's work on Gizmo. There's big conflicts between the softwares use it.

After install SkyMaxxPro and Real connector, if you take the gizmo version 16/03/2016 1645, nothing work.

I hope they will can repair for your problem.

Have a good day.

We use Gizmo as a central part of our DRM and activation software.

You removed the license server for the other two plugins. I would expect them to stop working. This is not a problem. This is by design.

I admit that Austin's Divine hand could have changed the laws of physics over the last betas, but I feel the plane extremely difficult to slow down now, anybody confirming this behavior? Anyway the plane is still flyable (for god sake). Keep up the great work guys. [emoji4]

29 minutes ago, crisk73 said:

I admit that Austin's Divine hand could have changed the laws of physics over the last betas, but I feel the plane extremely difficult to slow down now, anybody confirming this behavior? Anyway the plane is still flyable (for god sake). Keep up the great work guys. emoji4.png

this is part of the reason of this whole thread... some of us have noticed a weird behavior due to modified engine models or whatever LR decided to add (welcome to the club), and do understand the solution might not be that straight forward and require time to match minimum quality standards, some are a bit less patient and argue that if vendor X can do it with Tupperware plane Y quick (and dirty), why not the IXEG team. 

• Upvote 2

Just to give you an idea...

About the drag issue, this is an old X-Plane flight model error that we at IXEG discovered and reported way back in september 2010 :blink:  Basically XP has it's fuselage (body) INDUCED drag wrong (very complicated stuff).  We off course fixed it ourself for our 737 XP10 aircraft (which likely is the only one that has this right for XP10 btw).  So, now that Austin finally (maybe) fixed it for XP11, the result is our aircraft is off on drag.  You can (maybe) imagine how much effort, testing, analyzing and documentation it took us to discover and isolate this error and get it right.  So now we need to double-check Austins fix and see if he got it right and possibly tune it back in where it's off. Kind of ironic :P

Fuse profile drag.png

Edited by Morten
  • Upvote 6

6 hours ago, Morten said:

About the drag issue, this is an old X-Plane flight model error that we at IXEG discovered and reported way back in september 2010 :blink:  Basically XP has it's fuselage (body) INDUCED drag wrong (very complicated stuff).  We off course fixed it ourself for our 737 XP10 aircraft (which likely is the only one that has this right for XP10 btw).  So, now that Austin finally (maybe) fixed it for XP11, the result is our aircraft is off on drag.  You can (maybe) imagine how much effort, testing, analyzing and documentation it took us to discover and isolate this error and get it right.  So now we need to double-check Austins fix and see if he got it right and possibly tune it back in where it's off. Kind of ironic :P

Wish you guys the best of luck porting this over to XP11 and really appreciate you decided to make this upgrade free. This will definitely help bring the 733 to the top in terms of quality. You can really feel the amount of informed hand-tuning and love that went into making it just right. XP11 also has the potential to become the premiere sim platform going forward and as such, the 733 will get prime exposure.

On 4/2/2017 at 2:11 PM, Ben Russell said:

I was hoping to start testing this week but we've just been smashed by a massive storm system instead.

We all wish you safety first and foremost. Work can wait.

• Upvote 1

Hello dear X-Pilots, I'am new here and have few question:

I planing to buy Classic baby today, What I should to know, before purchase. I use XP11 (steam v.) on W10_64bit. as I am noticed, current version has few bugs, but still playable. so, maybe is some rules, what I should install, or don't.

Thanks and Sorry for my bad English (

2 hours ago, jomardi said:

Hello dear X-Pilots, I'am new here and have few question:

I planing to buy Classic baby today, What I should to know, before purchase. I use XP11 (steam v.) on W10_64bit. as I am noticed, current version has few bugs, but still playable. so, maybe is some rules, what I should install, or don't.

Thanks and Sorry for my bad English (

Don't buy it yet. Wait until they release the 1.1 patch that will have compatibility fixes with XP11, otherwise you'll just get frustrated.

• Upvote 3

On 2.4.2017 at 8:47 AM, Ben311 said:

Hello Guys,

Will v1.1 the final version for XP10? - my old imac will not be able to change to XP11, so I might stay on XP10 for a few more months/years to come.

Just asking, because there will still be some missing g features in version 1.1, right? (E.g HOLDS)

Cheers

Ben

Hello Guys,

As my question has been skipped, here it is again. Will there be XP10 updates after version 1.1? 

Cheers

Ben

And it will stay the only solution until we make the XP11 compatibility patch. We can not add the needed information to the XP10 .acf file, it simply has no datafield for it. So I suggest trying again, maybe you are missing a simple step?

Jan

• Upvote 1

ok so i bought this plane before reading throught this and i have some problems. most of the time when i aplly full thrust the plane wont even move or even goes backwards. sometime the plane goes around in a circle(im not even joking), most of the time its stuck to the ground. can someone help me with this please> im using xplane 11. at the moment it is unusable