The IXEG and X-Plane 11 Topic [Merged]

danitabaires

8 hours ago, Morten said:

It is still a beta and will be for a while as far as we are concerned no matter what they call it :P

We are currently working on v1.1 for XP10, then work on XP11 will officially start.  

M

No, for you it's still a beta, but for the rest of the world is the final version !

You are currently working on v. 1.1 for XP10 from at least 1 year, and it isn't ready too...:P

If we follow this example, the v. 1.1 for XP11 it will be ready in a 1 year again  ( 2018 ) :D

• Upvote 3

to all the impatient ones, I understand and can follow your frustration, but moaning daily here will only get the team busy to answer your posts... I understand you guys, we all are adicted and would like to fly it asap on our new sim, but I have learned the following from the original launch of the 733... use the time to fly the rest of your hangars, you won't be touching those other planes for a while once this one has been released...

..... we all are adicted and would like to fly it asap on our new sim, but....

Yes, if you are talking about XP11,

but some of us are talking about 1.1 for XP10.

Different story to me.

I am getting impatient as well, owning this a/c since late last year...

And from what i read : VNAV will not even be fixed (or improved?) for

XP10 version. @Litjan

Oliver

Gesendet von meinem SM-T810 mit Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

i am talking about 10 as well, I still enjoy the combo 10&IXEG more than any XP11 combination I have tried so far... 

What is VNAV anyway? :P I use VS and LVLCH for my descents, just like the vast majority of rw pilots out there if you have to comply with ATC guidance, and you don't just engage AP at 400ft and disengage 50 before touchdown....

and for your statement about not improving it, I would try to read what statements these IXEG guys have left here about SP, XP11 resources etc and you might come to the conclusion that some posts look a bit childish & ridiculous. look up and read posts from Jan, tkyler, Morrigan etc before posting more about this subject. a matter of being really interested in the plane and not just looking for controversy imho. 

try the search function, it really is awesome

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, pinco58 said:

No, for you it's still a beta, but for the rest of the world is the final version !

Well, the final version of X-Plane 11 will probably be something like 11.5X in four or-so years.

Many changes to the general sim, the flight model etc. till then (just like it was from 10.00 to 10.52), and probably many additional patches and updates needed which will all take their time. So no need to get exited about an update for 10.00, many more are here to come. :D;)

Edited by mgeiss

10 hours ago, criley said:

What, you have to be kidding! You have had many months to be working on X-Plane 11 and at least a year to work on 1.1 for X-Plane 10. There is always an excuse with this team. While the product is a good product, it is nowhere near a finished product yet we all payed full price rather than an intro price. It's like paying full price for a car and they don't give you the interior or allow your doors to open for at least a year but still promise you will one day because the folks at Ford have second jobs and have not made your purchase a priority.

This is all wrong - we have had ZERO months to work on the flight model for XP11 because Austin is STILL doing work on it (we are in close contact with him) and and we expect to reveal more bugs which has to go back to Austins table and get fixed in XP11.xx before we can complete any FM work. XP11 is a moving target. Our flight model is extremely accurate - possibly the most accurate ever - it took us thousands of hours/years of test flights and calibration to get to where we are in v10.  For every little change Austin does, the whole aircraft needs a recalibration!  If you do not understand this - and apparently you don't - it's like if "God" (austin) decided to change the real world atmosphere and Newtons laws of physics no longer applied like they used to, I can assure you not a single real Boeing aircraft would be flying anymore, all their engineers would have a heart attack and everyone would take a train for years to come... 

So, when you are aiming at the level of accuracy we are, we need to do it properly.  "Quick fixes" to something that wasn't very accurate to begin with is very simple and done in an evening like many designers do, but it is not how things work at IXEG.

As for the other stuff, visuals, 3D, systems etc, that is off course not that XP version dependent and we have been doing preparations for XP11 on those.

For more information on the flight model side of things which is the big hurdle for XP11, check here;

M

Edited by Morten
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, Morten said:

This is all wrong - we have had ZERO months to work on the flight model for XP11 because Austin is STILL doing work on it (we are in close contact with him) and and we expect to reveal more bugs which has to go back to Austins table and get fixed in XP11.X before we can complete any FM work. XP11 is a moving target. Our flight model is extremely accurate - possibly the most accurate ever - it took us thousands of hours/years of test flights and calibration to get to where we are in v10.  For every little change Austin does, the whole aircraft needs a recalibration!  If you do not understand this - and apparently you don't - it's like if "God" (austin) decided to changed the real world atmosphere and Newtons laws of physics no longer applied like they used to, I can assure you not a single real Boeing aircraft would be flying anymore, all their engineers would have a heart attack and everyone would take a train for years to come... 

So, when you are aiming at the level of accuracy we are, we need to do it properly.  "Quick fixes" to something that wasn't very accurate to begin with is very simple and done in an evening like many designers do, but it is not how things work at IXEG.

As for the other stuff, visuals, 3D, systems etc, that is off course not that XP version dependent and we have been doing preparations for XP11 on those.

For more information on the flight model side of things which is the big hurdle for XP11, check here;

M

@Morten

In reference to XP11 everything has been clearly stated a zillion times. Your (teams) point of view is totally acceptable and should be understood from everybody by now.

I wouldn't even more bother giving answers to this subject.

I noticed as well that whenever it comes to Version 1.1 for XPLANE 10 (TEN!) immediatly the subject changes back to XP11. Just happens again.... ;-)

@donoscar I am well able to fly this bird by hand or using FLCH/ V/S, HOLDs etc (Online, VATSIM).

Nevertheless i paid for a X-PLANE 10 (TEN ;-) Version to be complete and (almost) perfect. And there are still a lot of things missing (being available on the real aircraft)

BUT, i will (must be ;-) still patient and wait for the things to come.

Regards

Oliver

English is not my mother tongue, so things may not get accross the way I like to ...

• Upvote 4

15 hours ago, Morten said:

It is still a beta and will be for a while as far as we are concerned no matter what they call it :P

We are currently working on v1.1 for XP10, then work on XP11 will officially start.  

M

If you agree to say that your product is still beta and will beta for a while? ;)

No it is official it's longer beta. Of course it will be patched and continue to improve.

I say, a little compatibility patch for XP11 would be nice. And you can take the rest of the time for making dedicated XP11 version. IXEG 737 is beautiful aircraft and this is a shame that few minor problems are holding us off normal ground operations 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, sdflyer said:

If you agree to say that your product is still beta and will beta for a while? ;)

No it is official it's longer beta. Of course it will be patched and continue to improve.

I say, a little compatibility patch for XP11 would be nice. And you can take the rest of the time for making dedicated XP11 version. IXEG 737 is beautiful aircraft and this is a shame that few minor problems are holding us off normal ground operations 

I agree with sdflyer.  Do any of us fly a 733 to know the flight model isn't tuned to the exact specifications your team demands?  No.  Do most of us care?  No.  Would we like to have a plane that at least works in XP 11...I would.  Call it a beta, a work-in-progress...whatever you want.  Realistically, the 737-300 was never really out of beta (based on your definition of beta) in the first place.  Yes, you fixed several problems early but the plane still won't turn to the final approach into several airports...confirmed bug months ago and not yet fixed.  That's fine.  The soft crashes are the killers.  The IXEG is obviously a favorite and we want to use it...that's quite the compliment to your team.  You should feel flattered rather than angry.  Thanks and good luck, hope to fly it in XP 11 soon.  

-- Greg

• Upvote 3

On 3/14/2017 at 2:46 PM, Litjan said:

I don´t quite know what you would expect to see in this scenario - with one engine going full power? This is exactly what I would believe the real plane would do, too.

That being said - I also see the weird "plane stops in very slow turns" in XP11pb15 - it is important to know that we override X-Plane´s steering system with our own plugin, so I am a bit surprised to see the change. Maybe our plugin isnt working anymore due to a variable/dataref change, we will investigate when we port to XP11. For now its a bit harder to make very tight turns, but not impossible (just need more thrust)...

Jan

On 3/14/2017 at 1:57 PM, skiselkov said:

Great stuff, thank you very much, the values you mentioned worked perfectly. Now I just need to figure out that strange ground friction bug. It's like the physics are all screwed when the wheels are stopped or near stopped. Applying the parking brake and spooling up just one engine produces this weirdness:

On 3/14/2017 at 5:15 PM, skiselkov said:

Yeah, I can confirm that the default aircraft and even other addon aircraft are fine (tested the FJS732 and FF757v2). It's just the IXEG 733 that's broken, which is the bummer for me, because it's my favorite. Was just asking here if people don't have some obvious thought off the top of their heads, so I don't have to wait. I have no doubt you guys (IXEG) are going to fix this on the 733 once XP11 goes final.

Thanks again for the response!

Hi Litjan, et al...., About the sliding. I noticed this in one of the PB releases and it it still continuing in the R1 final release. It's perty weird lol....After starting the engins and releasing the brakes, the plane actually went backwards (with no throttle or reverse) as if I were getting a pushback. After the ac came under my control again (do not know why!!), I taxied out to the runway. As I was making the turn to the numbers, suddenly, out of no where, the plane starts sliding sideways the spinning on an axis.  When I give it opposite rudder, the plane goes in the opposite direction.  Somehow, just as it had began, it suddenly gave control back to me and I was able to make a successful takeoff.

I've read everyone's elses and watched the vids and this is pretty close to what is happening to my plane.  I take it, from reading your posts, that you are working on this for the next update and I just wanted to cask if you have actually found the culprit!!??

I really do love this plane, inside and out, up and down. IT IS MY FAVORITE out of ALL planes. An EXCELLENT, above any other developer, you guys/gals (?) really worked hard to make this project successful....thanks for your hard work and beautiful talent.

Ciao for now

diLuigi

Do most of us care?

Yes.

Yes, you fixed several problems early but the plane still won't turn to the final approach into several airports...confirmed bug months ago and not yet fixed.  That's fine.  The soft crashes are the killers

These are the types of things the beta team is busy testing against.

You should feel flattered rather than angry.

No one is angry.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, gpb500 said:

I agree with sdflyer.  

25 minutes ago, Cameron said:

Yes.

These are the types of things the beta team is busy testing against.

No one is angry.

Do any of us fly a 733 to know the flight model isn't tuned to the exact specifications your team demands?  No.  Do most of us care?  No.  Would we like to have a plane that at least works in XP 11...I would.  Call it a beta, a work-in-progress...whatever you want.  Realistically, the 737-300 was never really out of beta (based on your definition of beta) in the first place.  Yes, you fixed several problems early but the plane still won't turn to the final approach into several airports...confirmed bug months ago and not yet fixed.  That's fine.  The soft crashes are the killers.  The IXEG is obviously a favorite and we want to use it...that's quite the compliment to your team.  You should feel flattered rather than angry.  Thanks and good luck, hope to fly it in XP 11 soon.  

-- Greg

we do care, we know how it behaves under '10 and it does definitely not behave the same in '11

and till IXEG isn't ported, '11 is not my default sim, I continue enjoying my '10, which simply is what it was made for

Edited by donoscar
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, sdflyer said:

Exactly, XP is a continuous work in progress, and especially around new releases.  Developers have to adapt to that and do the same.  If things drag out in time I'm sure we'll release at temporary patch to make life easier for the XP11 guy's.  Anyway, remember that all the 132 (!) bugs we fixed, new 3D, systems upgrades etc stuff for v 1.1 XP10 so far ALSO (hopefully) will work in XP11 the same day.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Morten said:

Exactly, XP is a continuous work in progress, and especially around new releases.  Developers have to adapt to that and do the same.  If things drag out in time I'm sure we'll release at temporary patch to make life easier for the XP11 guy's.  Anyway, remember that all the 132 (!) bugs we fixed, new 3D, systems upgrades etc stuff for v 1.1 XP10 so far ALSO (hopefully) will work in XP11 the same day.

Question - are you guys charging for 1.1?

11 hours ago, Morten said:

it's like if "God" (austin) decided to change the real world atmosphere and Newtons laws of physics no longer applied like they used to, I can assure you not a single real Boeing aircraft would be flying anymore, all their engineers would have a heart attack and everyone would take a train for years to come...

Unless of course, "God" decided to change the real world atmosphere, and Newtons laws of physics to benefit Boeing aircraft, so that they had better performance, and were more fuel efficient.

Two sides to every story...

Tim

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, gpb500 said:

Do most of us care?  

I do. I demand realism from all the planes I buy. If I need to wait a bit for the magic to happen so be it. Let's not forget that the plane despite bugs is flyable in XP11 which makes the waiting game a lot less difficult.

Edited by Denco
  • Upvote 2

my rotate MD 80 works great , also my FF767 , 757 and  my 727 Fjs .... still have taxi problems only with my favourite plane ... the IXEG 737

I can fly just fine but ground taxi it's impossible ... so please fix that

sorry for my english 

Regards

Paolo

Edited by Paolofly69

1 hour ago, Paolofly69 said:

my rotate MD 80 works great , also my FF767 , 757 and  my 727 Fjs .... still have taxi problems only with my favourite plane ... the IXEG 737

sorry for my english 

Regards

Paolo

Not sure but I suspect the aircraft you mention all use the default ground model.  We use a modified one for more realistic performance (XP10) which will need updating.

I think we put in a temporary fix for this in v.1.1

M

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Paolofly69 said:

sorry for my english 

Regards

Paolo

comparing our IXEG to these simulations hmmmm... you should have understood that by now, it does not compare.. different league :P

• Upvote 3

Hello Guys,

Will v1.1 the final version for XP10? - my old imac will not be able to change to XP11, so I might stay on XP10 for a few more months/years to come.

Just asking, because there will still be some missing g features in version 1.1, right? (E.g HOLDS)

Cheers

Ben