The IXEG and X-Plane 11 Topic [Merged]

danitabaires

Hello IXEG team and B733 lovers [emoji4]

I have recently testes the plane in XP11pb15 flying online on IVAO route LIML-EGLL - Real Life Event and everything worked fine [emoji4]

Here are two screenshots. I hope you will like it [emoji4]

Great event the IVAO Heathrow RFE. I was there too, maybe I'm one of yellow labels over there. [emoji6]

Keep on bringing IXEG to the online virtual skies! [emoji106]

• Upvote 1

On 14.3.2017 at 0:49 AM, skiselkov said:

The whole ground friction model on the 733 is screwed. With the parking brake set and one engine at idle, if you floor the other, the aircraft will simply start rotating around the main gear as if the nosewheel had no lateral friction. Bizarre.

I will add a fix to the upcoming patch 1.1 that should avoid this behaviour.

We have our own ground-model in XP10 that overrides XP´s default model. Austin changed a lot of things in XP11 to make the aircraft behave better when stopped, and also when taxiing very slow. This messed with our override.

I have changed our override so that it only kicks in when going faster than 3 kts - this should avoid those problems, so you can use the IXEG in XP11, even though it is not "officially supported" yet.

Cheers, Jan

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Litjan said:

I will add a fix to the upcoming patch 1.1 that should avoid this behaviour.

We have our own ground-model in XP10 that overrides XP´s default model. Austin changed a lot of things in XP11 to make the aircraft behave better when stopped, and also when taxiing very slow. This messed with our override.

I have changed our override so that it only kicks in when going faster than 3 kts - this should avoid those problems, so you can use the IXEG in XP11, even though it is not "

Excellent news. What's the ETA for the 1.1 patch? Or is there another way of fixing this until the patch is released? 

14 minutes ago, tabugman said:

Excellent news. What's the ETA for the 1.1 patch? Or is there another way of fixing this until the patch is released? 

No ETA on the patch. The only way of avoiding this is not going slower than 5 kts - the plane should handle ok above that speed.

Jan

3 hours ago, Litjan said:

No ETA on the patch. The only way of avoiding this is not going slower than 5 kts - the plane should handle ok above that speed.

Jan

Thanks for the info. Getting up to 5 knots is easier said than done for me though, as the aircraft just spins around its axis most of the time. I will keep it in the hangar until I can actually control it on the ground at least reasonably well.

• Upvote 1

Hmm, make sure there is not something else going on - maybe an axis assigned to the "tiller" by accident or some other preferences screw-up.

I can taxi and fly the 737 in pb15 "mostly" just fine - and have to work really hard to recreate the "sliding". So it may be something else...

Cheers, Jan

On 2017-03-21 at 5:25 PM, Litjan said:

Hmm, make sure there is not something else going on - maybe an axis assigned to the "tiller" by accident or some other preferences screw-up.

I can taxi and fly the 737 in pb15 "mostly" just fine - and have to work really hard to recreate the "sliding". So it may be something else...

Cheers, Jan

There's nothing strange with my settings. The tiller moves with my rudder pedals, which I believe is the normal setup...? It works flawlessly with any other aircraft I have.

Anyway, since the last beta of X-plane 11 has been released according to http://developer.x-plane.com/2017/03/life-after-11-00/, I assume you can get cracking on the update now that the final release seems imminent.

Very much looking forward to flying this bird. The level of simulation seems excellent :)

4 hours ago, tabugman said:

Anyway, since the last beta of X-plane 11 has been released according to http://developer.x-plane.com/2017/03/life-after-11-00/, I assume you can get cracking on the update now that the final release seems imminent.

There is no such thing as a "final" XP release ;) 

What will be the impact of actually shipping 11.0?  The short summary:

• We will keep fixing bugs.
  • We will be able to fix some bugs that we were not able to fix late in beta because the changes are complicated and need more testing time.

Expect XP11 to be buggy and "under construction" to atleast XP 11.1 (from experience).  So at what point we will release an update depends on LR and what we find of errors and bugs.  We *might* release a patch with the most pressing known issues first, we'll see how things develop and what we will find that you guy's havn't.  

50 minutes ago, Paolofly69 said:

XP11 Rev1 is out , can we hope in a usable version of your wonderful plane ?

You are wrong - XP11 rc1 is out - this is the "release candidate" and may be declared the final version - if no further bugs are found. It is not final yet.

But yes, you can certainly hope for a usable version - it will take a while to port to XP11, though.

Jan

Hi, Jan, Morten, Cameron and the rest if you responsible for the most immersive sim-addon ever.

Realizing you went through years of developing and in the process creating your own "overrides" and scripts to make a realistic model and system-simulation. With XP11, Austin really tossed things about and for most developers it causes some headache for existing products as well as new projects. Some more troubled than others etc. We can all hope LRs new scheme brings better concepts to developers, hence I wonder;

With regards to the 733, have you had the time to evaluate what possibilities that comes with XP11? Will an future (XP11) version benefit (noticeable) from the changes LR made?  Advanced in-depth system-modelling like your FMC must be a difficult task, imo. Can XP11 input/output somehow ease the challenge in any way? Im just curious.

As a closing statement I vote for a IXEG 733 "gathering" somewhere (pref. Europe ;-) for users and developers to meet and greet. I do not know much about programming Gizmos and C++ - but I do make some of the best JetA1-cocktails ever invented!

So hope to C'ya :-D

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Scandi426 said:

Realizing you went through years of developing and in the process creating your own "overrides" and scripts to make a realistic model and system-simulation. With XP11, Austin really tossed things about and for most developers it causes some headache for existing products as well as new projects. Some more troubled than others etc. We can all hope LRs new scheme brings better concepts to developers, hence I wonder;

With regards to the 733, have you had the time to evaluate what possibilities that comes with XP11? Will an future (XP11) version benefit (noticeable) from the changes LR made?  Advanced in-depth system-modelling like your FMC must be a difficult task, imo. Can XP11 input/output somehow ease the challenge in any way? Im just curious.

As a closing statement I vote for a IXEG 733 "gathering" somewhere (pref. Europe ;-) for users and developers to meet and greet. I do not know much about programming Gizmos and C++ - but I do make some of the best JetA1-cocktails ever invented!

So hope to C'ya :-D

You are absolutely right, XP11 opens up possibilities in some areas, especially visually, but in others it is a temporary setback - like on the flight model side of things. As for the systems side I don't think a lot has changed.  New XP versions are always a headache for designers initially

We definitely would like to be at one of the big sim events this year, so maybe we could meet up and "burn some fuel" :) 

28 minutes ago, sdflyer said:

XP11 is out - its official now

No more excuses - we need a patch ! :);)

It is still a beta and will be for a while as far as we are concerned no matter what they call it :P

We are currently working on v1.1 for XP10, then work on XP11 will officially start.  

M

• Upvote 1

It is still a beta and will be for a while as far as we are concerned no matter what they call it [emoji14]

We are currently working on v1.1 for XP10, then work on XP11 will officially start.  

M

What, you have to be kidding! You have had many months to be working on X-Plane 11 and at least a year to work on 1.1 for X-Plane 10. There is always an excuse with this team. While the product is a good product, it is nowhere near a finished product yet we all payed full price rather than an intro price. It's like paying full price for a car and they don't give you the interior or allow your doors to open for at least a year but still promise you will one day because the folks at Ford have second jobs and have not made your purchase a priority.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, criley said:

What, you have to be kidding! You have had many months to be working on X-Plane 11 and at least a year to work on 1.1 for X-Plane 10. There is always an excuse with this team. While the product is a good product, it is nowhere near a finished product yet we all payed full price rather than an intro price. It's like paying full price for a car and they don't give you the interior or allow your doors to open for at least a year but still promise you will one day because the folks at Ford have second jobs and have not made your purchase a priority.

Your logic and example is valid.......to a point.

But, with that said, neither you or I use XP10 and the IXEG 733 to commute back and forth to work, so I don't think the comparison is entirely fair.

2 hours ago, criley said:

It's like paying full price for a car and they don't give you the interior or allow your doors to open for at least a year but still promise you will one day because the folks at Ford have second jobs and have not made your purchase a priority.

I think your example does not apply here.

IXEG team made it pretty clear, PUBLIC and straight forward the product status for the release for everyone make their on decision whether to buy it or not. You do not see this transparent communication quite often.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1