The IXEG and X-Plane 11 Topic [Merged]

danitabaires

@Morten

You can see how its hard to slow down the aircraft even when setting flaps 15 and gear down when GS is alived and flying level, would have been worst if i performed a CDO.

Also during the flare, after the initial pitch up, eveb after holding like over 80% of back pressure, the nose dropped severly.

Thats why ill will be waiting fir the official update for xp11

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Right, Austin is still tinkering with the fuselage/body drag and other things, probably breaking other stuff, so it's too early for us to digg into this. It is important that everyone reports obvious FM errors to Austin at this point to get things back into the ballpark (austinATx-plane.com).  We will take it from there.  Important when reporting FM issues, use one of the default aircraft as a reference (that also was in v10 for comparison).  Not the IXEG 737.

• Upvote 1

Hi Morten.
As I noticed the majority of formerly HQ heavy airliner models ( 737 IXEG, 757/767 FlightFactor, 737/727 FlyJSim ... ) suffering the same F/M issues. So your advise to report this to austin is mandantory. But it would be hard to show off with default v10 planes. From my pov, we'll need a heavy A/C to scale up the effects. And we'll need a good (realistic, well defined) F/M which is worth to compare.
-Michael

The default 747 could be the comparison link between xp10 and 11. Although I fear that Austin keeps experimenting with GA planes and does not care too much about tubeliners. [emoji20]

If you notice the default jets on pb10 and 11 start to taxi at 50% N1 isn't it weird?

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Public beta 15 introduced a new suite of problems and I can't figure out how to solve them:

1. When you're moving slowly (<3-4 kts) and deflect the nosewheel above ~30 degrees, the aircraft stops as if brakes had been applied (they haven't). Example video (engines running at a constant 42% N1): 
  2. The engine idle is very low, below the green arc. N1 idles at 12% and N2 at about 52%. Normally the values should be ~20% and 65%, IIRC.

Anybody got any ideas if this can be fixed in Plane Maker? If so, where? I tried reducing the gear flatplate area from 15 to 5, but that didn't help. As-is, the aircraft is pretty unusable in PB15. (I know IXEG will fix this once XP11 goes final, but until then if somebody in the community has an idea, I'd appreciate it!)

1 hour ago, skiselkov said:
  2.  is very low, below the green arc. N1 idles at 12% and N2 at about 52%. Normally the values should be ~20% and 65%, IIRC.

Anybody got any ideas if this can be fixed in Plane Maker? If so, where? I tried reducing the gear flatplate area from 15 to 5, but that didn't help. As-is, the aircraft is pretty unusable in PB15. (I know IXEG will fix this once XP11 goes final, but until then if somebody in the community has an idea, I'd appreciate it!)

In Plane Maker open up the 733 and select Standard --> Engine Specs.  In the left-hand column are the hi idle fuel adjustment and lo idle fuel adjustment.  I changed these values to 1.11 and 1.06 respectively.  I now have idle N1 of about 21% and N2 of about 66%.  Give this a try and let us know how it works for you.  Since your mileage may vary play around with the values until they are satisfactory on your system.  Good luck!

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, WWA2852 said:

In Plane Maker open up the 733 and select Standard --> Engine Specs.  In the left-hand column are the hi idle fuel adjustment and lo idle fuel adjustment.  I changed these values to 1.11 and 1.06 respectively.  I now have idle N1 of about 21% and N2 of about 66%.  Give this a try and let us know how it works for you.  Since your mileage may vary play around with the values until they are satisfactory on your system.  Good luck!

Great stuff, thank you very much, the values you mentioned worked perfectly. Now I just need to figure out that strange ground friction bug. It's like the physics are all screwed when the wheels are stopped or near stopped. Applying the parking brake and spooling up just one engine produces this weirdness:

I don´t quite know what you would expect to see in this scenario - with one engine going full power? This is exactly what I would believe the real plane would do, too.

That being said - I also see the weird "plane stops in very slow turns" in XP11pb15 - it is important to know that we override X-Plane´s steering system with our own plugin, so I am a bit surprised to see the change. Maybe our plugin isnt working anymore due to a variable/dataref change, we will investigate when we port to XP11. For now its a bit harder to make very tight turns, but not impossible (just need more thrust)...

Jan

1 hour ago, Litjan said:

I don´t quite know what you would expect to see in this scenario - with one engine going full power? This is exactly what I would believe the real plane would do, too.

Thank you for the response! A few points to illustrate why I would like to disagree:

1. The drift happens even with far lower power settings. The first 20 seconds I have power around 40-60% N1 (that's why I have the dataref readout there) and the drift is clearly visible. In fact, it happens even with the engine at idle (although the drift is quite a bit slower, see below), or pretty much as soon as there is any thrust imbalance and the aircraft is stopped.
  2. During this whole thing, the parking brake was APPLIED. Even at full power, the aircraft's engines shouldn't have enough power to overcome the brakes. Moreover, in this case the engine is working both against the brakes on the main gear AND the lateral static friction of the nose wheel. Put simply, this shouldn't be possible.
  3. This problem goes away as soon as the aircraft starts moving - a couple of knots of forward speed is enough to stop the drift at idle power. This leads me to the conclusion that it is some sort of bugging out of the new static gear modeling in XP11.

This video is from the same testing sequence, just a little earlier while I was setting up the views. I don't think airplanes should behave this way on the ground. This looks a lot more like the physics kraken rearing its ugly head:

Ok - the bug was more obvious on that second movie you sent - I agree that the movement looks weird - slipping sideways like that.

I am not sure what is going on with XP11´s friction model, but the default 737-800 is behaving pretty good, I think. If you want to get Austin to look at the problem, you need to illustrate it with "default aircraft" - he won´t look at 3rd party stuff.

We will see what is going on with our model and XP11 at a later stage (when porting), and we will just have to deal with the way XP11 handles things. If we need to re-do our ground model, so be it.

Thanks for pointing this out, though!

Jan

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Litjan said:

Ok - the bug was more obvious on that second movie you sent - I agree that the movement looks weird - slipping sideways like that.

I am not sure what is going on with XP11´s friction model, but the default 737-800 is behaving pretty good, I think. If you want to get Austin to look at the problem, you need to illustrate it with "default aircraft" - he won´t look at 3rd party stuff.

We will see what is going on with our model and XP11 at a later stage (when porting), and we will just have to deal with the way XP11 handles things. If we need to re-do our ground model, so be it.

Yeah, I can confirm that the default aircraft and even other addon aircraft are fine (tested the FJS732 and FF757v2). It's just the IXEG 733 that's broken, which is the bummer for me, because it's my favorite. Was just asking here if people don't have some obvious thought off the top of their heads, so I don't have to wait. I have no doubt you guys (IXEG) are going to fix this on the 733 once XP11 goes final.

Thanks again for the response!

5 hours ago, skiselkov said:

Great stuff, thank you very much, the values you mentioned worked perfectly. Now I just need to figure out that strange ground friction bug. It's like the physics are all screwed when the wheels are stopped or near stopped. Applying the parking brake and spooling up just one engine produces this weirdness:

I just purchased this aircraft tonight and this is exactly what happens to me too. The aircraft slides around and I can't even take off since

1) I can't taxi to the runway

2) Applying full throttle just makes the aircraft go off onto the grass and/or start backing up.

I'm on X-plane 11 PB15. Anyone else who has had this problem and managed to work around it?

Edited by tabugman

On 23/01/2017 at 5:00 PM, teofilo said:

What happens if I disable slopped runways? would it fix the sliding issues? has anyone tried it?

I noticed this is influenced by winds. as soon as the plane has turned itself facing wind direction, it stabilizes. like a wind-mill if you see what i mean. so to your question, it might not be enough.

3 hours ago, Denco said:

Am I the only one who experiences random crashes in XP11. Every 3 to 5 flights I'll get a crash and it's usually at around descent. I know XP 11 is not supported but I'm still wondering.

Hi Denco,

Crash to desktop or Gizmo Soft Crash ? 

Anyway, I dont experience any crash with XP11 and the IXEG.

12 hours ago, Denco said:

Am I the only one who experiences random crashes in XP11. Every 3 to 5 flights I'll get a crash and it's usually at around descent. I know XP 11 is not supported but I'm still wondering.

Just to let you know I am having exactly the same problem. Not sure it is an IXEG problem though, more likely x-plane 11 pb13. Having no problems in x-plane 10. I will wait until x-plane 11 is finished and IXEG 737 has been ported before worrying about it.

Edited by JGraddon

9 hours ago, Tom Stian said:

Hi Denco,

Crash to desktop or Gizmo Soft Crash ? 

Anyway, I dont experience any crash with XP11 and the IXEG.

I experience CTD's and it's the only plane that I use that crashes for me. 

13 minutes ago, JGraddon said:

Just to let you know I am having exactly the same problem. Not sure it is an IXEG problem though, more likely x-plane 11 pb13. Having no problems in x-plane 10. I will wait until x-plane 11 is finished and IXEG 737 has been ported before worrying about it.

Good to see I'm not the only one.