The IXEG and X-Plane 11 Topic [Merged]

danitabaires

teofilo,

I've not messed with flattening rwys in xp11

I must admit i do like the effect at KSEA for example

If i run into good sceneries that require flat rwys then maybe i'll mess

It's a known item in xp11, they've been working on kinda 'melding' tyre/weight/force/grip or whatever you want to term it, they'll no doubt get it right before final or maybe even rc release

cmbaviator,

I'd hazard a guess that the new effects regarding flight dynamics etc are still a wip, i've not tested per say, but i'm thinking along the same lines as drag isn't as much as previously, again though, beta and all that, i like to think they'll have a more polished rc or final, and then like in 10, they will continue to update as time progresses (amazing if they didn't going on their track record)

I have seen a post or two here and more on the org about the drag or lack thereof

Best just roll with the flow err betas, and no doubt it'll all get worked out decently

Have Fun

Tony

5 hours ago, teofilo said:

What happens if I disable slopped runways? would it fix the sliding issues? has anyone tried it?

You need to pressurize the hydraulics to get the brakes to work, its that simple. No hydraulics, no brakes (if the cylinder is depleted).

Jan

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone else unable to steer with the nosewheel on the ground in PB9? When I use the tiller, the nosewheel doesn't even turn. It does turn when using the rudder axis. But it just overturns and blocks itself. 

Can't use the plane right now...

Are there any fixes for this...?

My install of the 737 seems to be working just fine.   Awesome add-on.  I am currently having an issue with the FMS data which I get through Navigraph via the download manager.   Just flew a flight from KNEW to KBOS and everything worked at expected.  STAR to an ILS final.  Then I attempted to plan a flight from KBOS to EIDW and the FMC says EIDW is "Not In Database".  The same for any waypoint in and around Ireland.  The last waypoint it recognized was BEXET coming off the NATS tracks.  I currently have AIRAC 1613 loaded with the proper identification on the IDENT page of the FMC.  I know it's a little out of date, but I'm pretty sure EIDW was there before this cycle..:)  

I checked the aircraft folder and it appears the Navdata is correctly installed and I did open the wpNavFIX file and noticed that the Ireland fixes were in there.  But still reported as "Not in Database".

Any clues? 

TIA

9 hours ago, Nano said:

My install of the 737 seems to be working just fine.   Awesome add-on.  I am currently having an issue with the FMS data which I get through Navigraph via the download manager.   Just flew a flight from KNEW to KBOS and everything worked at expected.  STAR to an ILS final.  Then I attempted to plan a flight from KBOS to EIDW and the FMC says EIDW is "Not In Database".  The same for any waypoint in and around Ireland.  The last waypoint it recognized was BEXET coming off the NATS tracks.  I currently have AIRAC 1613 loaded with the proper identification on the IDENT page of the FMC.  I know it's a little out of date, but I'm pretty sure EIDW was there before this cycle..:)  

I checked the aircraft folder and it appears the Navdata is correctly installed and I did open the wpNavFIX file and noticed that the Ireland fixes were in there.  But still reported as "Not in Database".

Any clues? 

TIA

You are most likely running into a "range" limitation of the FMS data point loader. We had to limit the scope of the database to a certain distance - including all fixes and airports worldwide would lead to unacceptable slowdowns during access. The real FMS´s work just like that, they never hold "the whole world", but mostly a certain region of operation.

Since a lot of users seem to like using the 737-300 outside of it´s typical operation regime (flights up to 3h), we consider extending the range a bit with one of the next updates.

For now you can work around this by planning your flight to maybe Iceland, then reboot Gizmo while you are enroute over Greenland (this reloads the database in a certain range around you), and after stabilizing the plane again (gear up, AP on, ALT HOLD, A/T on, select speed) you can enter EIDW as a destination, and then start building your route again.

Cheers, Jan

On 2/10/2017 at 11:32 PM, Litjan said:

You are most likely running into a "range" limitation of the FMS data point loader. We had to limit the scope of the database to a certain distance - including all fixes and airports worldwide would lead to unacceptable slowdowns during access. The real FMS´s work just like that, they never hold "the whole world", but mostly a certain region of operation.

Since a lot of users seem to like using the 737-300 outside of it´s typical operation regime (flights up to 3h), we consider extending the range a bit with one of the next updates.

For now you can work around this by planning your flight to maybe Iceland, then reboot Gizmo while you are enroute over Greenland (this reloads the database in a certain range around you), and after stabilizing the plane again (gear up, AP on, ALT HOLD, A/T on, select speed) you can enter EIDW as a destination, and then start building your route again.

Cheers, Jan

Thanks for the reply Litjan.  Sounds ligit.  However I will say there are real FMS's that do load the global database.  The Honeywell FMZ 2000 found on the Global Express and Falcon 900EX for example.

Thanks for the reply Litjan.  Sounds ligit.  However I will say there are real FMS's that do load the global database.  The Honeywell FMZ 2000 found on the Global Express and Falcon 900EX for example.

It's a lot easier to hold a global database on 2010 technology than 1984.

• Upvote 2

All data loaded in Lua script vars is subject to Garbage Collector overheads. You know, those stutters you all hate?

Careful what you wish for.

Not sure why you took that as an attack on the program itself...I was referring to comparing the Global with the -300.

21 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Not sure why you took that as an attack on the program itself...I was referring to comparing the Global with the -300.

I don´t think Ben took it as an attack at all. He just hinted at the fact that the more data we force to be loaded, the more lag and stutters we will introduce (just like I said in my post above).

Even the 747-400s I flew where not able to load a worldwide database, they were loaded with "east" or "west" databases, dependent on the destination...

Jan

Personally I'd like the FMS to not be laggy.  I think it should be configured to meet the typical mission for a 737-300.  This is a 737CL, not a 737MAX.

You've built this add-on to reflect reality, with some minor concessions for simulator play, and I don't think you should degrade performance for something very, very, very few people would use the add-on for.

Tim

Edited by Tim013

On 2017. 02. 11. at 11:33 AM, crisk73 said:

Which APU box has to be checked in planemaker? It seems they have added other options for the APU.

apu.jpg

On 2017. 02. 11. at 1:24 PM, AndrewCZ said:

Only the first one is needed, bleeds and electrical supply use custom code and don't need to be checked here.

Hi there!
I'm sorry for bothering, may someone confirm this statement?

If this is true i'll disable to other 2 APU options.

Thanks in advance!