The IXEG and X-Plane 11 Topic [Merged]

danitabaires

19 minutes ago, silverchord said:

How did you move this Gizmo Window?

Ill just grab the window where I marked and move it down. Just make sure you point your mouse at the bottom of the gray bar so you dont conflict with the menu.

72qNsXK.png

Edited by Tom Stian
  • Upvote 1

On 11/28/2016 at 10:45 AM, beep747 said:

The APU can be activated in xp11 via Planemaker (standard - systems). Works as before now.

Jos

On 11/28/2016 at 3:50 PM, Tom Stian said:

Thanks for the tips.. I did that and now the APU works.

But I noticed that the .acf filesize changed from 2.2MB to 1.1MB . So I hope I dident break anything -_- 
Maybe its saving in a new format or something that are reducing the size. I have a backup, so lets see if everything is behaving as normal.

thanks for this, it does indeed work

the issues I encounter though (pardon my specific question, move accordingly if not the right place here) have to do probably with the offset values I use with my triple-monitor configuration:

1. click spots seem to be messed up

2. rotary knobs are not controllable in cockpit

if anybody has an idea how to correct, open to test... 

Sorry to hijack the topic but I need some info:

I have appalling performance with the xP11 demo:

25 FPS on ksea on medium

Hight setting no FPS boost on everything low.

1440p

Gtx980ti

4790k@4.6ghz

My GPU was below 50%, it always on 99% on XP10 hence the FPS issue. Plus it looks shit*y

I was wondering if the full version is better in terms of performance and graphics ?

If yes, where can I buy XP11 knowing that I have the steam xp10

Thks

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

18 hours ago, FSAviator said:

The Whole sim or just the panel? - Do you have some keyboard shortcuts (Windows) for me? :D - I'm really new to X-Plane... :D - I took over from FSX, a few days ago :D Thank you :)

in that case, I would not try to experiment too much :-), even for experienced X-Planers Betas remain challenging. We have learned from good source, there is hope that we will get the 733 very soon "enabled" for XP11. 

If your wish however is to try the ixeg today or even better, yesterday, why not installing the #10 version? 

1 hour ago, culley35 said:

can someone give a detailed tutorial about planemaker to have the apu work, i am not new to x-plane but never used x-plane maker before, i am developing new hd scenery with ortho4xp.

Open the ixeg in plane maker. To go standard -  systems - then electrical tab -  and you will see a box that you can check which says "auxiliary power unit" . Check that on, save and exit. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, culley35 said:

i set the plane to turn around and the menu works, but i still get the datarefs string when i start the sim with this aircraft

IXEG 733 is designed for X-Plane 10, so we have to live with that until IXEG make a update for X-Plane 11 :)

And X-Plane 11 is still only beta.

Edited by Tom Stian
  • Upvote 1

Not a promise, but I think we MAY get rid of the gizmo error on startup with one of the next XP11 betas...it is due to some dataref change that Laminar did.

I also have some inconsistencies with the pop-out menus, I often can´t access the XP11 toolbar (on top edge), but haven´t found out what is causing it. There are some other minor items, but I think we will be able to conquer those soon after starting the port.

Jan

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, Litjan said:

Not a promise, but I think we MAY get rid of the gizmo error on startup with one of the next XP11 betas...it is due to some dataref change that Laminar did.

I also have some inconsistencies with the pop-out menus, I often can´t access the XP11 toolbar (on top edge), but haven´t found out what is causing it. There are some other minor items, but I think we will be able to conquer those soon after starting the port.

Jan

Jan, if it helps: the interface interaction issues are definitely not IXEG exclusive. It also seems to happen to various 3rd party complex aircraft (airliners mostly?) such as Flight Factor's add-ons.

3 hours ago, dr_nerdrage said:

Jan, if it helps: the interface interaction issues are definitely not IXEG exclusive. It also seems to happen to various 3rd party complex aircraft (airliners mostly?) such as Flight Factor's add-ons.

Thanks - we will keep investigating, but of course I wouldn´t object if Laminar just fixed it on their side ;-)

I do get some autothrottle problems (slow reaction, not setting correct power, hunting back and forth...). Do you see any of that?

Cheers, Jan

On 1. 12. 2016 at 4:27 PM, cmbaviator said:

Sorry to hijack the topic but I need some info:

I have appalling performance with the xP11 demo:

25 FPS on ksea on medium

Hight setting no FPS boost on everything low.

1440p

Gtx980ti

4790k@4.6ghz

My GPU was below 50%, it always on 99% on XP10 hence the FPS issue. Plus it looks shit*y

I was wondering if the full version is better in terms of performance and graphics ?

If yes, where can I buy XP11 knowing that I have the steam xp10

Thks

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

I have the same experience. I have XP11 full version, i7 on 5.1 GHz, GTX 1080, 3x LCD. The graphic performance of XP11 is definitely worse then XP10. I hope for future improvements.

43 minutes ago, jkonicek said:

I have the same experience. I have XP11 full version, i7 on 5.1 GHz, GTX 1080, 3x LCD. The graphic performance of XP11 is definitely worse then XP10. I hope for future improvements.

Well, don´t hope for them to come from us :P.

As a matter of fact, don´t expect to ever get the same performance framerate-wise in XP11 that you had in XP10, but that should be obvious.

Cheers, Jan

i don't see how performance could be worse, i am using a 6600k @5 ghz, 32 gb of ddr4 3,000mhz and a msi gtx 1070 and i get around 40fps on the ground and 80fps and above in the air.you must not have something configured incorrect or you have some settings too high, turn your reflections down.

Edited by culley35

12 hours ago, Litjan said:

Jan

whats strange is if your start the battery the menu works again.

• Upvote 1

Temporary fix for the APU applied and I can get rid of the Gizmo menu. Next issue: X-Plane crashes after a while. No specific reason in the log. 

- However, it is the 2nd time X-Plane 11 crashes since I changed the altimeters settings :o

Edited by FSSteven

On 30.11.2016 at 0:00 PM, FSAviator said:

Not working for me because the window is located too close to the upper screen edge :(

The Solution is: Go to the Graphics Settings: Set the Interface size from 150% to 100% which makes the upper screen edge menu's height smaller. Now you can hit the close-X of the Window...